Duchess has Passed Away

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Duchess has Passed Away

Post by Fancy »

The Duchess of Polson Park in Vernon was found this morning, deceased. The death is not considered suspicious.

That is awful - how could she be fine one moment and gone the next - it seems baffling. Poor thing is now in a better place though.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Re: Duchess has Passed Away

Post by wthwyt »

gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Oh no. So sad.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

removed off topic - Jennylives
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

cat43

Post by cat43 »

so sad that a magificant swan named dutchess has passed away.i feel for the man that became her mate.my heartfelt sympathies go out to him.dutchess is now at peace.a statue should be made to remember her. :(
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

How sad that she died right after being nursed back to heath. So wonderful though that she brought so many people happiness, and found a new 'mate' after she lost her first. She is now with her first mate at the rainbow bridge. :sunshine:
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

RIP. You brought so much grace and beauty to Polson Park. You were, and are, much loved. All of our lives are the better for having had you in it.
Runs_With_Scissors

Post by Runs_With_Scissors »

I hope that this somehow finds its way to Mr. Gibson's attention so that I may express my sincerest sympathies for his loss of his beautiful snowy Duchess. I have no doubt whatsoever that he is feeling quite heartbroken over her passing and I want to say that my heart goes out to this gentle man. Those of us who experience the joy of a close connection with our pets also hurt intensely when it is time for them to go and I hope he knows that we grieve with him.

Your love and devotion to this magnificent swan through the years was probably her main comfort after losing her mate Mr. Gibson. I don't know zip about swans but I do know a wonderful human being when I see one and watching you with her was like peppermint balm to my sore soul.

Once again, I'm so sorry for your sadness. God bless your good heart!

Sincerely,

Deb Stearns
Vernon, BC
“The confidence of ignorance will always overcome the indecision of knowledge"
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Polson Park won't be the same without her...my kids would always looked for the swan(s) whenever we went to there.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

That is sad. I hope they put some sort of plaque or monument up for her.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

A statue to commemorate Duchess and what she meant to the people, especially the kids, sounds like a wonderful idea! :127:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
preciosa

Post by preciosa »

I was truly moved by this wonderful sweet story a few days ago and was so happy to hear this beautiful swan Dutchess made a full recovery...It was just so heartwarming and then when I got home from work today and read that she had passed away I was so sad as I sat and read the story here on castanet, it brought tears to my eyes and I had a huge lump in my throat...Rest in peace beautiful Dutchess...and I wanted to say that the message I read here in the forums from Deb Stearns also brought tears to my eyes, such a BEAUTIFUL message! I really hope Mr.Gibson will read what you had to say...I really wish him heart felt wishes to be strong through this tough time....:(
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

I find myself teary-eyed at this heartbreaking news. RIP, beautiful Duchess.

I see on Castanet that donations to a memorial for Duchess are being accepted at City Hall. I'm going down there tomorrow to make a donation myself and I encourage everyone in Vernon to do the same. Duchess deserves no less for all the joy she's brought us over the years.

If Ron Gibson ever decides to run for Mayor, he's got my vote. Thank you, sir, for all you've done.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin

Return to “Central Okanagan”