Best cell phone service

xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Best cell phone service

Post by xjeepguy »

KathyV wrote:Was wondering which provider gives the best reception in and around Vernon. In particular up at Sovereign Lake, Silver Star and the Aberdeen Plateau. We used to have a Rogers phone, and it was just OK...no service at Enderby tho...so you couldn't count on it if. Thx...looking forward to your experiences. Am looking at the Virgin mobile provider in particular...and of course they tell you it's great...but then if I buy that phone/package and it doesn't work where I want to use it...I'm the one out the $$$...

My non work phone is from Virgin , which is owned / uses Bell towers. Haven't had a signal complaint yet . Virgin seems to have some decent plans as well.

For anyone working in Northern Alberta , dont even think about Rogers , TERRIBLE !!!
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Checking for new cell phone plan and see that T's rate for their lite phone/data plan $45, provides 150 national minutes and 200mb in BC, and their same plan in Manitoba provides 1,000 minutes and 200mb and same other features. Is there really no competition in BC, in that Manitoba can get over 6 times more minutes for the same price! Even their competitor is offering 1,000 minutes and similar features for $45.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I switched over to Koodo back in April. No complaints simple billing, cut my phone bill in half, and great signal all throughout the province because they use Telus towers. I even had full service way up in Bucking horse river, the halfway point between Fort Saint John, and Fort Nelson
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I was with Rogers for a decade but kept getting droped calls at my new house. My wife had Telus and never had that problem, so i switched and it has been smooth sailing. I am very supprised to see how much coverage i get on the coq as well. WRT to telus customer service. My wife got a bill for $200 one month (normal around $75) so she called in. I guess it was longdistance, she had thought she signed up for the "my 5" plan which would give her free LD with 5 people but it apears she forgot to save her options on the website. Telus agreed to reverse all the charges and backdate her "my 5" So far i am very happy with my Telus phone, but its only been a year. I liked Rogers but bad reception at my house was not something i could live with.
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

In experience - work phones are Rogers, personal phone is Telus - is that Rogers is typically the worse in the low coverage areas. My suspicion is that Rogers is largely using upgraded tower locations from the older pre-3G days where one tower could get better range and Telus/Bell's new 3G network has infrastructure deployment designed with the 3G tower range in mind.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Tori_K wrote:In experience - work phones are Rogers, personal phone is Telus - is that Rogers is typically the worse in the low coverage areas. My suspicion is that Rogers is largely using upgraded tower locations from the older pre-3G days where one tower could get better range and Telus/Bell's new 3G network has infrastructure deployment designed with the 3G tower range in mind.

From my understanding Rogers have their own towers, just not enough of them unless you're in southern Ontario.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

GordonH wrote:From my understanding Rogers have their own towers, just not enough of them unless you're in southern Ontario.

Ah, you've just concisely paraphrased what I was trying to say haha.

Return to “Central Okanagan”