Able to come back to what he enjoys doing.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Able to come back to what he enjoys doing.

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Able to come back to what he enjoys doing.

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Awesome good story. Way to go Bob! Some folks just cannot be stopped.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Loved the story and glad he's able to get back into his job again. Hopefully others will look into the technology that could help their individual needs. Some just don't what's out there until a story like this hits the papers.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Quite inspirational for the younguns with two arms and two legs, looking for work.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

The dude's 67. He should retire and quit wasting tax dollars.
Make some room for a 20 year old barber.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Babbitman wrote:The dude's 67. He should retire and quit wasting tax dollars.

Get real. What do you want him to do, sit in a room staring out the window for the remainder of his days? People work until they die to be fit, alert and active and simply some just want to and this guy is a productive member of society. No mention of anyone taking over his business for the last two years and if he wanted to do it out of his house who cares?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

WASTING tax dollars? Man, my hat's off to this Bob dude. He is a fighter, paying into the system. A lot of guys would give up and "woe is me". You go Bob.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

This just goes to show you the attitude of people who consider 'old folk' to be throwaway people!!

Bob says:

"Being able to get back to being a barber and to work again gives me a sense of having a purpose again," says Egely.
"There's nothing better than to have a place to go and hang your hat. It beats looking out the window."

And people want to take that away from him. At his age. After working all his life. And contributing to the 'young'uns' all his life. So at age 67, someone should just take out the forked stick and put him on an ice floe because he just might be using some of YOUR tax dollars... dollars that he contributed for many, many years before you were ever born?

And another thing: So we deprive him of his livelihood because it 'costs us' a few dollars. Consider how many tax dollars 'we' could spend on him after forcing him to sit and 'look out the window' and sink into depression, develop stasis ulcers that require antibiotics, wound care nurses, even admission to hospital to stabilize him for these conditions and his depression.

Yup. makes real good sense to take a person who still remains vital at the age of 67 and refuse him a few dollars because he is 'old and useless'.

And I DO sympathize with the veterans and the way they are being (not) treated, I somehow cannot justify depriving Bob. Regardless of Bob, the veterans would still be treated in this callous, disrespectful manner.

Edited to add:
And we also have 19, 20, 25 and 30 year old people in hospitals, nursing homes and rehab centers that are consuming our tax dollars at an alarming rate. They haven't and never will contribute taxes to equal the amount of care dollars we have to spend to keep them alive because their brains are mush and they are paraplegic, quadriplegic or suffer from multiple comorbidities that require lifelong medical attention. How come nobody views them the same way they view 'old people' - as throwaways because they are COSTING us way more than they will ever contribute?
Chill
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

^^^ Like^^^

Return to “Central Okanagan”