"Legless Bob" is a tacky headline.

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: "Legless Bob" is a tacky headline.

Post by Bpeep »

I would probably have less issue with Employed Bob's chair costs if the conservatives werent closing 9 veterans offices...
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:I've just reported this post, we'll see where it goes with the mods. They would be the ones to forward messages to those who can make change.

It won't go anywhere with the mods. We don't have anything to do with the news. However all of you who are angry contact the editor. Email the manager. Ranting on the forums won't make the change.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Babbitman wrote:I dont care what he does, but I dont like him doing it on my tax dollar.
Guess who funds the company who built that chair?

Doing what on your tax dollar? Cutting hair?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

His son contacted Equipment and Assistive Technology Institute who put him to UVIC and CanAssist. The chair cost $65,000. I don't know who absorbs that cost. I don't begrudge anyone the ability to get back into the workforce at any age.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Fancy wrote:His son contacted Equipment and Assistive Technology Institute who put him to UVIC and CanAssist. The chair cost $65,000. I don't know who absorbs that cost. I don't begrudge anyone the ability to get back into the workforce at any age.

Oh. I saw a bit on the news last night. I don't begrudge anyone either. Good on him. Thanks for the info Fancy!
coffeeFreak
Guru

Re: HEADLINES VOTE

Post by coffeeFreak »

Just as disrespectful as the "Old Biddy" headline a few months ago.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: HEADLINES VOTE

Post by gardengirl »

coffeeFreak wrote:Just as disrespectful as the "Old Biddy" headline a few months ago.

Yes! That was one I was trying to remember.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Unless Robert encourages the nickname, the choice of words was poor.

It's tacky, juvenline and unprofessional.

When I was a kid, I had a classmate with 1 arm. We called him"One Armed Willy." He didn't seem to mind, but what do I know. We were kids.

If I ran into him now, there is no way in hell I'd call him that. As someone said, we don't call people "Midget Mike" or "Alzheimer's Alan." It's not about being PC, it's about being polite and decent. I hate PC crap as much as the next guy, but this doesn't fall into that category IMO
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

If you dont like it....Change the channel.

Dont like the news story or dont like the headline...dont click on it...

Someone here said they know Legless Bob...Ask him for us then if he cares about the the headline. Let us know if he cares or not.

If he doesnt care then this becomes a non issue!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Triple 6 wrote:
Doing what on your tax dollar? Cutting hair?

Sitting in his chair.
It was funded by the Ministry of Housing and Social Development.
The govt cant afford to keep veterans offices open, but they can afford to invest that kinda dough into putting a guy to work whos almost 70.
Way to go Employed Bob. You wont pay enough income tax between now and the time you retire to pay for it.
Meanwhile, Veteran Parallagram has to drag himself on his cart for miles to get assistance.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

the Ministry of Housing and Social Development is a provincial program.
the veterans office is a federal program.

your outrage is misplaced, IMO.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Im not outraged. If I was, Id be yelling at my husband.
Provincial dollars, federal dollars.
They all come from the same place.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

This Bob is stumped with what to think about this thread. Whether the money was provincial or federal it was a waste. The guy is obviously on his way out of the work force so what'll happen to that chair in a year or two? I suppose we could see an increase of midgets getting into hair cutting?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It was the headline that created the thread - there's already another one about the chair:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=41346&p=1266463#p1266463
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Babbitman wrote:Im not outraged. If I was, Id be yelling at my husband.
Provincial dollars, federal dollars.
They all come from the same place.

CanAssist is part of the University of Victoria and is "funded largely by donations, service contracts, project-specific grants and commercialization opportunities."

These projects are the way engineers and programmers learn to become engineers and programmers.

If you're unhappy veterans affairs offices are being closed, you need to take that up with Mr. Harper and perhaps convince those who voted for that despicable man and his despicable Reform Party to vote smarter in the future.
All posts 100% moderator approved!

Return to “Central Okanagan”