The mayor... a nice guy, but again, no action

keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: The mayor... a nice guy, but again, no action

Post by keith1612 »

ticat900 wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Hey! You ARE ahead of Kelowna in one thing I know about for sure! And good on your mayor and council for it, too.

YOU are allowed backyard chickens but Kelowna and Rutland are not. That's forward thinking and progressive. Kelowna's council is stuck in snootyland - noses in the air and NIMBYness.

yes is that a great way to advertisew Vernon.Move to Vernon as We have backyard chickens.What a disgrace that deal is

you find a small chicken coup with a few birds in it for free eggs disgraceful?
what would you prefer?
hot tubs, mini rat dogs, big fifth wheel trailers
i think the chickens are a step up.
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

ticat900 wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Hey! You ARE ahead of Kelowna in one thing I know about for sure! And good on your mayor and council for it, too.

YOU are allowed backyard chickens but Kelowna and Rutland are not. That's forward thinking and progressive. Kelowna's council is stuck in snootyland - noses in the air and NIMBYness.

yes is that a great way to advertisew Vernon.Move to Vernon as We have backyard chickens.What a disgrace that deal is

Oh yes I agree. we should also ban outdoor vegetable gardens (they attract hippies and lefties) outdoor laundry (attract hippies and lefties) and composting (attract hippies and lefties.) Should also do away with curbside recycling. Chickens...for Gods sake! Wal Mart sells them without feathers and heads for cryin' out loud, and factory fresh.
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

chickens are smelly,noisy and dirty and I for one dont want chickens in every ones yard in the city.keep it on acreages where they belong
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

YOU are allowed backyard chickens but Kelowna and Rutland are not. That's forward thinking and progressive. Kelowna's council is stuck in snootyland - noses in the air and NIMBYness.[/quote]

yes is that a great way to advertisew Vernon.Move to Vernon as We have backyard chickens.What a disgrace that deal is[/quote]

you find a small chicken coup with a few birds in it for free eggs disgraceful?
what would you prefer?
hot tubs, mini rat dogs, big fifth wheel trailers
i think the chickens are a step up.[/quote]
Really now comparing a rear yard hot tub akin to another raising chickens is a bit fof a strech to say the least
my neighbour(on 7 acres) has chickens and there is no way i would allow such a disgusting mess to border my back yard

Return to “Central Okanagan”