Enderby Shooter: Attempted Murder vs. Mischief

coffeeFreak
Guru

Enderby Shooter: Attempted Murder vs. Mischief

Post by coffeeFreak »

I hope the crown rethinks the charges here and supports the RCMP recommendation. IMO, it doesn't matter what was "going on" between the parties, pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger should not be excused.

Enderby Shooting Suspect Charged

Written by Peter McIntyre
Wednesday, 18 July 2012 14:22

Update: 4:30 pm: Suspect Davis Almaas, 47, of Enderby, has been remanded in custody until a bail hearing July 24 in Salmon Arm provincial court.

A 47 year old Enderby resident has been charged with four offences after a shooting incident.

A man armed with a hunting rifle fired one shot into a vehicle parked at a home on Kildonan Ave around 6 Tuesday night.

Corporal Gerry Kovacs says the man was then confronted by a female from the house.

"There's a verbal exchange between these two individuals and a second shot is then fired. The female then goes back in the house. She is not injured at all, and the suspect flees the scene in his pickup truck."

Kovacs says police used public tips, a dog team and a helicopter to arrest the suspect 90 minutes later on Enderby Mabel Lake Road near Ashton Creek.

Kovacs says the man surrendered without incident, and will appear in Salmon Arm court Wednesday.

"The biggest part of the story is that it unfolded in less than an hour and a half. We are crediting our ability to successfully resolve this incident to the trust and cooperation we got from the community. The longer these things play out, the more unpredictable they become."

Kovacs says the house was a targeted location, but the relationship between the man and woman, and what caused the incident, are not known yet.

"The intricacies of who knows who, and the relationships between these people, we don't know that yet."

47 year old David Almaas appeared in Salmon Arm Court today, and is charged with three weapons offences, including careless use of a firearm, and one count of mischief under $5,000.

Police had recommended an attempted murder charge but so far, that's not been approved by Crown counsel.

http://www.1075kiss.com/kiss-news/latest-stories/5808--shots-fired-in-enderby
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Enderby Shooter: Attempted Murder vs. Mischief

Post by gardengirl »

There is much, much more to this story.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

gardengirl wrote:There is much, much more to this story.

I sensed that from the news interview with the neighbours, but I just can't wrap my head around the possibility that this guy may only be charged with mischief.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Check your pm.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

She wasn't injured "at all"? Cuz the guy is a lousy shot. Attempted murder, bottom line.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Queen K wrote:She wasn't injured "at all"? Cuz the guy is a lousy shot. Attempted murder, bottom line.

No. There are details that have not yet been released.
Clint68

Post by Clint68 »

This man is a personal friend of mine, have known him all my life, I don't condone his actions but there is much more to story , there is a small group of punks in Enderby, that have no respect for anything or sence of consequence or responsibilities for their actions. Beatings and thefts, and seems law won't get involved . It is sad and unfortunate that a
Good man was pushed to a bad place over these idiots.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Sounds like more vigilante justice?
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Bingo.
Mama
Lord of the Board

Post by Mama »

In this day and age, unfortunately, " Justice" is rarely served. Perhaps Public servants are too chained by the public?
Maybe if the Mothers of these young punks actually did their job, this would not have happened.
And please, dont post any "single mom" sob stories in reply to me. I know of MANY single moms that have done an amazing job with their kids. I also know of some good people with children that have gone bad, but those good people would be apologizing for what their kid drove someone to. Not claiming it was his "friends".
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

http://www.chbcnews.ca/video/manhunt+ca ... 2258134327

From the sounds of the mother in this clip, there was definitely something that brought this on.
Something that involved her son and his friends.
Her reaction is strange. There is no outrage or questioning what on earth would cause someone to do this.
Perhaps she knows darn well.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Mama wrote:In this day and age, unfortunately, " Justice" is rarely served. Perhaps Public servants are too chained by the public?
Maybe if the Mothers of these young punks actually did their job, this would not have happened.
And please, dont post any "single mom" sob stories in reply to me. I know of MANY single moms that have done an amazing job with their kids. I also know of some good people with children that have gone bad, but those good people would be apologizing for what their kid drove someone to. Not claiming it was his "friends".

Yep, Always blame the mother. She's the one left to raise the kids when the father leaves. Almost 50% of the time now.
Yep. Some single moms are able to do a fantastic job raising their kids with the help of extended family.
You cannot drive someone to do or feel something without their permission.
Peer pressure, peer influence, mob mentality - do some research on that. Might enlighten you.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

gardengirl wrote:http://www.chbcnews.ca/video/manhunt+captures+suspect/video.html?v=2258134327

From the sounds of the mother in this clip, there was definitely something that brought this on.
Something that involved her son and his friends.
Her reaction is strange. There is no outrage or questioning what on earth would cause someone to do this.
Perhaps she knows darn well.

She knows, no doubt.

People: When kids are 'driving you crazy', you DON'T SHOOT AT THEM.

Just lucky nobody got hurt. This time.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:
Yep, Always blame the mother. She's the one left to raise the kids when the father leaves. Almost 50% of the time now.
Yep. Some single moms are able to do a fantastic job raising their kids with the help of extended family.
You cannot drive someone to do or feel something without their permission.
Peer pressure, peer influence, mob mentality - do some research on that. Might enlighten you.

Well if mom is covering up for her children's criminal activity. YES. Blame the mother.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Queen K wrote:She wasn't injured "at all"? Cuz the guy is a lousy shot. Attempted murder, bottom line.

Doesn't sound like the guy was attempting to kill anybody. They all seem to know each other. Something must have happened and this is just an ending to a dispute of some kind.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Central Okanagan”