Swan Lake Wakeboarding

Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Swan Lake Wakeboarding

Post by Fritzthecat »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:Swan Lake Provincial Park website: complete with lovely power boat on front page...

http://www.discoverthepeacecountry.com/ ... akebc.html

Swan Lake Provincial Park BC was built in 1918 and is the 3rd oldest park in British Columbia. The park is 67 ha (165 acres). The lake is very shallow with the maximum depth of only 3 meters.

Swan Lake Provincial Park offers camping and plenty of activities to keep all ages entertained for hours. There are large grassy fields and a baseball diamond is also located next to the campground. You can go hiking along the lakeside trail. The sandy beach and warm waters are perfect for swimming, waterskiing, fishing, and sunbathing. Excellent fishing for Northern Pike and Walleye.

They invite tourists to waterski. Can't waterski without a power boat.

That "Swan Lake" is in Peace River.

Edit: Insult removed.
Last edited by Fritzthecat on Aug 2nd, 2012, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

I am very stupid then. :clueless:

Sure hope you realise that you're talking about two different lakes!!!!??
?

Well, I do now. I also realize that I am stupid. :127:

Soooooo velly velly solly, me make BIG meestake.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Since my purpose is to help:

http://www.swanlakecampground.com/index2.html

says nothing about speed boats though fishing boats are allowed.
Last edited by OnTheRoadAgain on Aug 2nd, 2012, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:I am very stupid then. :clueless:

Well, I do now. I also realize that I am stupid. :127:

Soooooo velly velly solly, me make BIG meestake.

Hysteria never works out.
Last edited by Fritzthecat on Aug 2nd, 2012, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

I should have. I've already apologized though, so I have to let my mistake go now, and learn from it.
I also tried to fix it by providing the right sight. I've admitted it (not I) was stupid. (aka oversight)
If that isn't enough, then keep prodding and I'll just ignore.
Where's the hysteria?
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:I should have. I've already apologized though, so I have to let my mistake go now, and learn from it.
I also tried to fix it by providing the right sight. I've admitted it (not I) was stupid. (aka oversight)
If that isn't enough, then keep prodding and I'll just ignore.
Where's the hysteria?

Right here.
vernongeek

Post by vernongeek »

Fritzthecat, while I appreciate your enthusiast humor, there is no need in calling people stupid. I can see how he could have made that mistake. That being said I found some interesting articles on Swan Lake. Apparently in the 1920's there was a movement to try and make the lake a conservatory.. It failed obviously. (ree Ref #1)

Also here is another point to make..
Swan Lake is recognized as one of the most important habitats for staging and breeding waterfowl in the Southern Interior. It provides a critical resting and feeding stop for migratory birds traveling along the Pacific Flyway, the main provincial migration corridor. During the height of migration, over 6,000 birds may use the lake on a single day. (see Ref # 2)

So my point again, with this lake being so important to the Interior, why are there no boat restrictions imposed by the MOE?
6000 birds a day on that lake, that to me is pretty amazing.

References:
REF#1
http://www.ducks.ca/province/bc/news/pdf/26-3.pdf

REF#2
http://www.ducks.ca/aboutduc/news/archi ... 50418.html
http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/nrm_news_rel ... 000502.htm
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Too bad folks don't do more research before they visit these places.
vernongeek

Post by vernongeek »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:Too bad folks don't do more research before they visit these places.

I agree "OnetheRoadagain", sometimes for people it seems that "Ignorance is bliss". Their pleasure does come ahead of a lot of other things in life.
Perhaps that is a whole other discussion though. Some of those boat owners are much like Politicians, are very good at following a motto of living in ignorance.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Well, thankfully, some of us are smart enough to make our own rules.
Now we know this, we would not take our motor boat there.
(now that I know where it is)lol
Last edited by OnTheRoadAgain on Aug 2nd, 2012, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Dear OnTheRoadAgain:
This is a public apology for my insulting remark. It was uncalled for, immature and I have now removed it.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Thank you Fritz. Appreciated :smt008
vernongeek

Post by vernongeek »

Fritzthecat wrote:Dear OnTheRoadAgain:
This is a public apology for my insulting remark. It was uncalled for, immature and I have now removed it.

:discodance: See we can all live in peace. :) Thanks for doing that! :)
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Thanks vernongeek. I am quick to forgive a person with an apology like that.
I've learned a few things here today. Was actually checking back to say thanks for your polite support.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Part of the problem is that for people coming from certain parts of Alberta , and Saskatchewan , Swan Lake is comparatively huge to what they have at home. They see a great lake , it has a boat launch and no crowds so they use it. I agree that there should be horsepower , size , and speed restrictions on the lake , but until there is , the tourists are only guilty of not being familiar with the area and how we use it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”