Greeks ringleader sentenced to life

W105
Guru

Greeks ringleader sentenced to life

Post by W105 »

The ringleader of a BC gang known as the Greeks has been sentenced to life in prison with no parole for at least 25 years.

Forty-four-year-old Peter Manolakos was convicted in December of first degree murder in the 2008 shooting of Ronald Thom and manslaughter in the death of David Marnuik in 2004.

Both were drug-related killings and also led to convictions of several other members of the Greeks, based in Vernon.

First-degree murder carries an automatic sentence of life with no parole for 25 years.

Manolakos was also sentenced to 15 years for the manslaughter, though he's receiving more than 13 years of credit for pre-trial custody on the manslaughter charge.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#87065
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Greeks ringleader sentenced to life

Post by Relentless »

Not a long enough or harsh enough sentence as far as I am concerned.
First degree murder should be a minimum of 40 years, and serve the whole 40!
He gets life(25 years) and will be out smiling ear to ear in about 12.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Will the remainder of the manslaughter time be served consecutively or concurrently with the murder charge. I believe that he's also facing more murder charges. The sentences should be consecutively since they were separate crimes.

And while were at it, let's bring back the lash!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

he was charged with first degree murder so he has to do 25 yrs with NO parole...he'll be 69yrs old when he's eligible for parole...I wonder what that Lawyer got who was helping them ??
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

My thanks to the RCMP investigators and civilian witnesses who stuck with this reprehensible situation until the end and helped rid society of a few more worthless 'citizens'. The Vernon community is a better place because of their collective efforts.

Return to “Central Okanagan”