What is it with the inconsiderate drivers in Vernon?

Verminator
Board Meister

What is it with the inconsiderate drivers in Vernon?

Post by Verminator »

Today some selfish, inconsiderate (and possibly brain-dead) rectal orifice did a hit-and-run on my car in the Superstore parking lot, the third time in less than 8 years that's happened to me in this town. Thanks to you, I now have the pleasure of being seriously inconvenienced while my car's being repaired, not to mention having to pay out a $300 deductable for something that was YOUR fault. Judging by the damage and the paint streaks left on my car, you were probably driving a blue truck which I can only hope was damaged a lot more than my car was.

I have no hope that you'll ever take responsibility for your actions since that seems to be an unknown concept these days. The closing words I have in mind for you don't stand a chance of clearing the Castanet censors, but I think you can guess what they are.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What is it with the inconsiderate drivers in Vernon??

Post by Dizzy1 »

I sympathize with you - one of the most frustrating things. Had it happen twice to me in the Denny's parking lot. Nice long gash on the driver's side on both and took out the mirror on one as well.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: What is it with the inconsiderate drivers in Vernon?

Post by xjeepguy »

I've never bothered to look around the lot , does the Stupidstore have security camera's outside ?

What exactly happened ? Someone turned to quick backing out beside you or ?

I was at Rona a couple weeks back and I parked way off in the corner and came back and some knob was parked about a foot from my door . I just couldn't believe it !
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

TWO WORDS.

DASH CAM

On sale now at London drugs and Wallmart. 50 bux. That's less than comp and you get and nice 8x10 glossy of the goof up close..

P99
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Unless you can get a 360 degree camera I don't see how that would help.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

Bsuds wrote:Unless you can get a 360 degree camera I don't see how that would help.

Yes the 360 is a nice option but I went for the cheap 240 degree single lens with UV night assist. I have caught one already trying to jimmy the lock. His father was not very impressed and tried as he may to say It could not have been his son, so...

I took the option to setup my projector and played the entire episode on his garage door from my deck at 24ft in color. needless to say I had the 300 bux and a written letter first thing the next morning from both the son and the father for their less than stellar behaviour.
And the hood had something to gossip about for almost a week. lol.

Now most of the kids and adults around here know I have 8 cameras in all manner of places, not a single problem since...

BTW the quad lens cams are really nice as they have gps and time stamp as well as 4 views at approx. 2 mb per day.
Mine with the single lens holds about 2 weeks of video running 24-7 with a 32gb card. So I don't miss much..
Want to hear something funny, my cam does sound as well and I even heard them comment on how they were going get my cam and use it themselves. Now that was funny. too bad they missed the other 5 that were watching the one watching them.
They got nothing but a 24ft show on dadas garage door of them smoking dope and trying their best to smash the lock open on my truck.. opps..
Remember kids, I may just be watching you in real time, one just never knows.
P99
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Interesting, thanks.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

xjeepguy wrote:I've never bothered to look around the lot , does the Stupidstore have security camera's outside ?

What exactly happened ? Someone turned to quick backing out beside you or ?

I was at Rona a couple weeks back and I parked way off in the corner and came back and some knob was parked about a foot from my door . I just couldn't believe it !

I have no idea what happened exactly, the wife had the car and she normally parks where there aren't a lot of other vehicles around. She found the damage when she got back to the car after doing her shopping. I don't know if Superstore has security cameras covering their parking lot, but if they do I doubt they would have the resolution to identify a plate number. I should probably look into that regardless, thanks for the tip.

What really gets me about this is how so many people have zero concept of responsibility for their actions. They just do what they want to do and if anyone gets in the way of their headlong rush to self-gratification, well that's just too frickin' bad. You know, I was in a single-vehicle crash a few years ago myself - notice that I don't call it an 'accident' because it was purely my fault for driving a little too fast for the icy road conditions. The damage was minor, a dented bumper and I had taken out a small road sign. There were no witnesses so I could easily have concocted some story to explain the damage to my car or just driven away like that moron did yesterday. Did I do that? No, because that's not something I could live with. I reported the crash to both the RCMP and ICBC right after it happened because it was the only thing to do, and partly because I had the now obviously vain hope that someone would do the same thing for me.

I'm thinking about investing in a dashcam at this point, but do they have enough coverage to show damage being done to the side of a vehicle? I was under the impression that these were mostly straight-ahead devices. Thanks for your help and letting me vent.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Verminator wrote: I don't know if Superstore has security cameras covering their parking lot, but if they do I doubt they would have the resolution to identify a plate number. I should probably look into that regardless, thanks for the tip.

You might just need a look at the offending vehicle . If they left paint on yours it might not be that hard to track them down . Chances are they'll be there again . Good luck I hope you catch them .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

Thanks. I'll go to Superstore tomorrow to see if they can help out somehow. Keeping my fingers crossed but not expecting too much. With my luck lately, the guy's probably had his vehicle fixed by now anyway. I guess I'll find out.
George Carlin

Return to “Central Okanagan”