Why can't we smack people like this?

mexi cali
Guru

Why can't we smack people like this?

Post by mexi cali »

A 20-year-old Vernon man was forced to cool his heels - and his mouth - behind bars after going on a mini crime spree over the weekend.

Police say the man was seen jumping on a car and yelling in the 3900 block of 25 Street shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday.

When police arrived the drunk man was ripping white pickets off a fence.

Apparently he broke fences in two locations and did quite a bit of damage to the car he jumped on.

RCMP spokesman Gord Molendyk says the man was arrested for mischief under $5,000.

"The man was very uncooperative with our officers. He replied 'F&%* Off to every question he was asked," says Molendyk.

"At the detachment, as he was being let out of the police car, he spit on one of our officers who opened the back door to let him out."

Seems reasonable to me.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Pacific
Fledgling

Re: Why can't we smack people like this?

Post by Pacific »

A distant island colony where this citizen can live with others of his calibre without ever having to deal with another irritating police officer seems like a win win solution for us all.

In all seriousness not that it excuses it but has to be mental health issues with a healthy dose of substance abuse, anybody in their right mind would not have done anything like this unless for some strange reason they have a desire to get butt hurt in prison.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Give them vasectomies.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Yes, but it should have happened in previous generations. Then we wouldn't be asking ourselves these questions.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Pacific wrote:A distant island colony where this citizen can live with others of his calibre without ever having to deal with another irritating police officer seems like a win win solution for us all.

In all seriousness not that it excuses it but has to be mental health issues with a healthy dose of substance abuse, anybody in their right mind would not have done anything like this unless for some strange reason they have a desire to get butt hurt in prison.

They tried that once, It's called australia
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Tried it too with Colonial America
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

He doesn't need to be slapped or sterilized. He needs some anger management classes and something to keep him busy. He needs a purpose and maybe to lay off the drugs/alcohol.

We've all had bad days and gotten really mad.
keeny
Fledgling

Post by keeny »

cutter7 wrote:
They tried that once, It's called australia

Crud, you beat me to it.

This is an individual I don't think anyone would feel the least bit of sympathy for if he were to be tazed for aggressive behavior.

Why is it that immigrants who have trouble speaking and handicapped people end up getting tazed, but not smart-ass drunks?

Wheres the justice in that?
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Liquidnails wrote:He doesn't need to be slapped or sterilized. He needs some anger management classes and something to keep him busy. He needs a purpose and maybe to lay off the drugs/alcohol.

But the majority of us don't go out and destroy other people's property when we have a bad day, this guy is definitly a couple of beers short of a six pack.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Liquidnails wrote:He doesn't need to be slapped or sterilized. He needs some anger management classes and something to keep him busy. He needs a purpose and maybe to lay off the drugs/alcohol.

I'd suggest alcohol treatment.

Two types of people in this world, those who can have a drink or two and those who should never drink!

Chances are when sober, he normally does not act like that.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Yeah, but it makes some of us feel better to slap him around. It even makes some of us feel better to say that he should be slapped around.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Totally agree. However his bad day has cost some innocent people property damage that he won't have to pay for as well as the scare thrown into the police officer who will no doubt be having himself tested for whatever disease this p...ck may have.

We do all have bad days but this guy is deserving of a good hard slap.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

3 strikes , then execution .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

I guess this strikes close to home because when I was much younger I messed up once because I was really mad/sad and upset and didn't really have the tools to deal with it. I caused some property damage and was pretty rude to a couple security guards and an officer. I avoided arrest because I could run fast and wasn't worth sending the dogs after.

In any case, what I did was eating me up inside and I generally felt pretty bad about the whole thing so I made contact with the property owner and told him who I was and what I did and that I was ashamed and embarrassed and that I wanted to work with him to make the whole situation right. I never did end up apologizing to the security guards (because I wasn't sorry and meant everything I said) but I did go to the police station and talk to the officer. He accepted my apology and told me to smarten up and that if I make him run again he won't be so kind.

So I guess I just hope this guy made a huge mistake and can sort it out and take the steps necessary to prove that "he's not that kind of guy" and then lead a good clean law abiding life. OF course if he is that kinda guy then he's going to have a bad time.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

What you did was admirable for sure but you still deserved a smack.

Good on you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”