Pull O'Keefe Ranch funding and fund new hockey rink

Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Pull O'Keefe Ranch funding and fund new hockey rink

Post by Fritzthecat »

Geez I remember when O'Keefe ranch was doing so well they chased off the vintage motorcycle ralley and the Mopar car club ralley.

The ranch is run by a bunch of morons. Period. Sure the bikes and Mopars are back but there just isn't anything really going on there anymore. They need a theme every weekend, be it steam powered equipment, vintage cars, bikes etc. ALso not just static displays, but moving, running LIVING displays. That is what made the vintage motorcycle ralley so successful in the first place. Where else could you see, feel and smell WW1 era motorcycles in the flesh?
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Fritzthecat wrote:
The ranch is run by a bunch of morons. Period.

If I am not mistaken, the ranch is run by a non-profit society. If you want change to happen, you should become part of what makes those changes become reality.

HOT RODS ON THE RANCH
Sat, June 9th - 10:am to 5:pm

http://www.okeeferanch.ca/page.php?cont_id=43
Vintage Motorcycle Festival
Saturday and Sunday July 6 and 7, 2013
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

watchkat wrote: Daytime hours are 10 am to 5 pm – open until 6 pm during July and August.

I wonder if extended hours would help. A lot of people would prefer to be outside in the evenings when it's a bit cooler and some might only have the choice of evenings due to work.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

That would necessitate more employee hours and perhaps expensive upgrades to lighting.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

grammafreddy wrote:If I am not mistaken, the ranch is run by a non-profit society. If you want change to happen, you should become part of what makes those changes become reality.

So being a non-profit means it is either 1) run by nobody or 2) exempt from being run by morons?

Like I said, THE RANCH IS RUN BY MORONS.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

grammafreddy wrote:If I am not mistaken, the ranch is run by a non-profit society. If you want change to happen, you should become part of what makes those changes become reality.

Fritzthecat wrote:So being a non-profit means it is either 1) run by nobody or 2) exempt from being run by morons?

Like I said, THE RANCH IS RUN BY MORONS.

Like I said ......
grammafreddy wrote:If you want change to happen, you should become part of what makes those changes become reality.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

grammafreddy wrote:If you want change to happen, you should become part of what makes those changes become reality.

Well the idiots are at it again. Let's change a successful event so people won't want to come. Talk in the vintage/classic motorcycles circles are this event is going to be a bust due to the addition of classic cars! Rumour is the dirt track racing might not even go ahead for the m/c! Why change what was working? I see there is no Mopars at the Ranch either this year. I guess those guys brought too many people in.

I guess the doll exhibition will more than make up for it.

http://www.okeeferanch.ca/page.php?cont_id=19

Return to “Central Okanagan”