March Against Monsanto

imahoser
Fledgling

March Against Monsanto

Post by imahoser »

Who's goin?

https://www.facebook.com/MarchAgainstMonstanto/events (main organization page)
https://www.facebook.com/events/2456916 ... 5/?fref=ts (Vernon event page)

Event in Vernon is saturday May 25th at 12.00pm. Be part of the solution or feed your children and grandchildren frankenfood. If you have no idea what monsanto or GMO is.. do some reading!

This is a worldwide march.. 45 countries participating, millions of people.
------------

Please no flaming. I dont care about money, politics, business. This is much bigger than that.
imahoser
Fledgling

Re: March Against Monsanto

Post by imahoser »

http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/ (Official website with list of cities participating worldwide)
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

A Waste of time, it wont do anything. Wouldnt it make more sense to organize a "dont buy monsanto's products“ campaign instead?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

It would make more sense to stop fear-mongering and put your energies into something productive for society as a whole instead of chasing non-existant ghosts around the GMO hoax.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Rwede wrote:It would make more sense to stop fear-mongering and put your energies into something productive for society as a whole instead of chasing non-existant ghosts around the GMO hoax.

prove it is a hoax.

The genetically modified foods controversy is a dispute over the relative advantages and disadvantages of food derived from genetically modified organisms, genetically modified crops used to produce food and other goods, and other uses of genetically modified organisms in food production. The dispute involves consumers, biotechnology companies, governmental regulators, non-governmental organizations and scientists. The key areas of controversy related to genetically modified (GM) food are: risk of harm from GM food, whether GM food should be labeled, the role of government regulators, the effect of GM crops on the environment, the impact of GM crops for farmers, including farmers in developing countries, the role of GM crops in feeding the growing world population, and GM crops as part of the industrial agriculture system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneticall ... troversies
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

So many people have been sucked in by that huge business known as anti-GMO. There are people getting rich by instilling unfounded fears in people. "Your baby is going to have 6 eyes if you eat this potato!" really draws the money from the pockets of the gullible.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Your baby is going to have 6 eyes if you eat this potato!" really draws the money from the pockets of the gullible.

i have never heard that, but what i have simply says that if over used , the pests become super pest, like over use of antibiotics make those bugs superbugs
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

So I suppose CBC and David Suzuki is a hoax also?
How naive can a person be. Its mind boggling.

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/e ... -food.html
danni7elle9

Post by danni7elle9 »

*removed/Jo*
Crazy Horse
Fledgling

Post by Crazy Horse »

imahoser wrote:So I suppose CBC and David Suzuki is a hoax also?

I would have used stronger words, but hoax works.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

*removed/Jo*
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

l*off-topic/removed/Jo*
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

*removed/Jo*
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

*try again, this time on topic and without the personal attack/Jo*
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Rwede wrote:So many people have been sucked in by that huge business known as anti-GMO. There are people getting rich by instilling unfounded fears in people. "Your baby is going to have 6 eyes if you eat this potato!" really draws the money from the pockets of the gullible.

Who is getting rich

Return to “Central Okanagan”