Dougs Boat Works 2013

Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Dougs Boat Works 2013

Post by Fritzthecat »

Gixxer wrote:
You must be a personal friend of his.

Yes its his land, but his land is an eye sore for everyone else to see.

How about you post a picture of your yard/trailer park/condo balcony what ever it is you live in. I am sure it is twice as beautiful as Stanley Park.
No I don't know the guy. Just tired of people trying to force their views on others.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

There are a lot of people who do not care to concern themselves with what their properties look like to other people, They do not care if their property looks like the local garbage dump. Lots of people want others to see everything they ever bought or owned.
My guess is they most likely live in conditions inside their homes which would mirror their property as well.I have been inside homes that would make a billy goat puke. but everyone is intitled to live the way they wish. Some learned basic hygene and some did not. You can almost be assured, that if their property looks like the local garbage dump then they to are in the same disrepair lol.perhaps when we see places like this, Instead of complaining ,Maybe we should help them out, By adding to the pile, I am sure they would not mind you throwing a few bags of garbage into the mix, Or perhaps an old car or two. Brings to mind the spot on the left hand side of the highway between between Big White and Beaverdell. I"m sure the owner of that property would not mind another old camper and other garbage added to the pile.Some people take pride in themselves and their property ,and some do not.Maybe we could puplish a detailed list of locations where you could take crap to and save on dumping fees.??? just a thought.
Pkunko
Fledgling

Post by Pkunko »

Dizzy1 wrote:Its never bothered me nor anyone else I know.

Same here.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

Fritzthecat wrote:

Yes its his land, but his land is an eye sore for everyone else to see.

How about you post a picture of your yard/trailer park/condo balcony what ever it is you live in. I am sure it is twice as beautiful as Stanley Park.
No I don't know the guy. Just tired of people trying to force their views on others.[/quote]
No ones forcing their view on others.it is a eyesore and he should be fenced at least 6 foot non see threw
bcpaul
Fledgling

Post by bcpaul »

It has been there long before you came along, or the highway. It is a junk yard, they make a living selling vehicle parts. Every town has one. Does every business have to pass your quality standards?

Maybe you should buy them out if you're so concerned.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

bcpaul wrote:It has been there long before you came along, or the highway. It is a junk yard, they make a living selling vehicle parts. Every town has one. Does every business have to pass your quality standards?

Maybe you should buy them out if you're so concerned.

Its the gateway to the north end of the city, its a huge eyesore, and embarrassment. What kind of living can they be making, nothing has moved from there in years. At least the other 2 auto wreckers in that area have high fence's hiding their junk yard.
melscarandtruckrental
Fledgling

Post by melscarandtruckrental »

james-d wrote:There are a lot of people who do not care to concern themselves with what their properties look like to other people, They do not care if their property looks like the local garbage dump. Lots of people want others to see everything they ever bought or owned.
My guess is they most likely live in conditions inside their homes which would mirror their property as well.I have been inside homes that would make a billy goat puke. but everyone is intitled to live the way they wish. Some learned basic hygene and some did not. You can almost be assured, that if their property looks like the local garbage dump then they to are in the same disrepair lol.perhaps when we see places like this, Instead of complaining ,Maybe we should help them out, By adding to the pile, I am sure they would not mind you throwing a few bags of garbage into the mix, Or perhaps an old car or two. Brings to mind the spot on the left hand side of the highway between between Big White and Beaverdell. I"m sure the owner of that property would not mind another old camper and other garbage added to the pile.Some people take pride in themselves and their property ,and some do not.Maybe we could puplish a detailed list of locations where you could take crap to and save on dumping fees.??? just a thought.

Heres another thought

Fences are expensive. I put a six foot fence around 1 acre with 3 gates and the bill was just short of ten grand. I am sure that if all of you in this forum pooled some money together to build that fence the owner would be more than happy to let it be installed. Then everyones happy. You guys want the fence PAY FOR IT

Just a thought
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot than open it and confirm it !!!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Gixxer wrote:Its the gateway to the north end of the city, its a huge eyesore, and embarrassment.

Some people are too easily "embarrassed".
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Gixxer wrote:Its the gateway to the north end of the city, its a huge eyesore, and embarrassment.

You seem to be the only one who feels that way.

Gixxer wrote:What kind of living can they be making, nothing has moved from there in years.

They're still there so they must be doing something right.

Gixxer wrote:At least the other 2 auto wreckers in that area have high fence's hiding their junk yard.

Like that'll solve anything, they put a fence there then you'll be complaining about that. Best thing to do is just accept it, its there, been there for many, many, many years before the highway even went down that way. Or you can buy the land and business off of them and do with it what you please, can't be that expensive if they can't be making much of a living as you assume.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Fritzthecat wrote:Geez..it's his land, leave him the hell alone.

What is wrong with the peopel of Vernon anyways?

Quick check your face! I just found somebody's nose in my busniess.

Agreed. Most places are no different though.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

james-d wrote:There are a lot of people who do not care to concern themselves with what their properties look like to other people, They do not care if their property looks like the local garbage dump. Lots of people want others to see everything they ever bought or owned.

Are you advocating illegal dumping?

(attack removed - fluffy)
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Too cool - he's got a firetruck!! And is that an old Diamond Reo there, too?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
greywolf2673

Post by greywolf2673 »

(try again without the name-calling - fluffy)
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

grammafreddy wrote:Too cool - he's got a firetruck!! And is that an old Diamond Reo there, too?

A crappy fire truck from the mid 80's is too cool really? Hard to say what other vehicles are in there, the weeds and grass make it difficult to see.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Gixxer wrote:
A crappy fire truck from the mid 80's is too cool really? Hard to say what other vehicles are in there, the weeds and grass make it difficult to see.

He's got a nice orange and white International pick up truck. Would like to restore that one myself!

Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Return to “Central Okanagan”