Loss for people with special needs

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Loss for people with special needs

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/950 ... cial-needs

Hopefully a new location can be found suitable for their needs.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Not sure what to say about this, other then it sucks

Post by gardengirl »

I agree. I remember touring Venture Training when I was a kid. It gave me a real appreciation for people who are less fortunate and an understanding that they still need to feel useful. I hope someone steps up to help them out.
As for the school board; SHAME ON YOU!
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Ingevan22
Fledgling

Post by Ingevan22 »

And here I thought the school district was promoting "lifelong learning" ? Or do they only care about "their" students?
(._.) ( |:) (.-.) (:| ) (._.)

Putt's Law: "Technology is dominated by two types of people, those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
Alvis
Board Meister

Post by Alvis »

Unbelievable.

Venture Training is a community ASSET! Why are we treating it as a liability?
Man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise.
Tommy Douglas
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Not sure what to say about this, other than it sucks

Post by Fritzthecat »

That is terrible. Shows you where the priority is.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

Interesting how little media coverage this story's had, and there aren't a whole lot of concerned comments here either. It's very sad, but so far it looks to me like Vernon just doesn't care.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Verminator wrote:Interesting how little media coverage this story's had, and there aren't a whole lot of concerned comments here either. It's very sad, but so far it looks to me like Vernon just doesn't care.

766 views with 5 comments, I'd have to agree with you Verminator.

Which in my opinion is a damn shame, since this place has served community of Vernon very over the years.
Has soon as it needs the community they appear to turn their backs and walk away.

IMPO school district #22 can go *blank* themselves.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

I read about this in the paper and it pi$$ed me off...but I'm getting so I just don't know what to say anymore. I guess, I feel powerless over the decisions the powers that be continue to make.

I too am surprised by the community silence on this topic, especially from other agencies in the community that support Venture Training. But it is summer and many programs are shut down until September so maybe people just aren't really aware of what is going on. Even VCACL website doesn't have this issue posted.

Also, I have lived in Vernon for many years, but had no idea Venture Training operated out of there anymore, but I was familiar with the Alternative School there as the kids came in and painted windows at a seniors complex I worked at one Christmas.

Here is an opinion piece from July 17th Morning Star...and I do believe this is the last thing I've read in the local paper:

http://www.vernonmorningstar.com/opinion/215710701.html
rookie314
Übergod

Re: Loss for people with special needs

Post by rookie314 »

removed off topic - Jennylives
coffeeFreak
Guru

Re: Loss for people with special needs

Post by coffeeFreak »

removed - Jennylives

Return to “Central Okanagan”