Makes a transgendered/homosexual feel welcome!

Atomoa
Guru

Makes a transgendered/homosexual feel welcome!

Post by Atomoa »

I read this :

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#95607

I wonder what some of those "comments" regarding "male purses" were? Assuming these losers were heterosexual males with man purses defending their masculinity, or heterosexuals attacking other heterosexuals based on a perceived feminine fashion object on a male.

If I was a trans or openly homosexual (flamboyant let's say) - why would I feel "safe" in this community after reading this story?

Men with purses = heckling = assault? I guess I wont be going out in drag this weekend ;) Old attitudes prevail it seems.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Makes a transgendered/homosexual feel welcome!

Post by Dizzy1 »

"Its not a purse ... its European!"

- Jerry Seinfeld

LOL!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Wasn't Jerry Seinfeld chased down the street by "thugs" in that episode for having a "man purse"?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

It's not a purse...It's a "murse"

Maybe I should get rid of my fly fishing bag which looks like a purse...errr ...MURSE! Sure wouldn't want to get assaulted on my favourite creek.

BTW, who is Jerry Seinfeld? Am I missing something important in life?...worry, worry, worry :(
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

It's unfortunate that some people cannot simply "live and let live". If we all kept our noses out of other peoples business and kept our opinions to ourselves more, then this kind of incident would not be as common.

Why people feel so threatened by those who live alternate lifestyles absolutely mystifies me. As far as I'm concerned, so long as you don't expect me to behave the same way that you do, and so long as what you do doesn't infringe on my rights in any way, you can do whatever you like.

That doesn't necessarily mean I approve of whatever it is you're doing, but it does mean I won't criticize you for it.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Clipper wrote:BTW, who is Jerry Seinfeld? Am I missing something important in life?...worry, worry, worry :(

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Central Okanagan”