Big name may/could be seen in Enderby area

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Big name may/could be seen in Enderby area

Post by GordonH »

A movie for Disney is about to start shooting in the Enderby area, staring George Clooney & Hugh Laurie (House)

So how many of you are going to try to get a look.

http://globalnews.ca/news/777393/cloone ... -okanagan/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Re: Big Name may/could be seen in Enderby area

Post by gordon_as »

Uh.......no
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I haven't heard of anyone who has actually had a siting. I think the production is supposed to start next week.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
kaboomski

Post by kaboomski »

I know exactly where the location is.
GordonH

Re: Big name may/could be seen in Enderby area

Post by GordonH »

Just want to straighten something out, I'm in no way a fan of either of these 2 actors.

This movie will bring exposure to that part of north Okanagan which could be a good thing.
Last edited by GordonH on Aug 18th, 2013, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Entertainment personalities........ the new Gods. Maybe we can go roaming through the streets of the Okanagan and actually see one, instead of having to watch Entertainment Tonight every evening and worshiping from afar. If I actually see one, and they make eye contact with me, will it make me a better person, and will I have my entry to heaven guaranteed?

And I hope their presence in the Okanagan doesn't mean exposers are with them.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:Entertainment personalities........ the new Gods. Maybe we can go roaming through the streets of the Okanagan and actually see one, instead of having to watch Entertainment Tonight every evening and worshiping from afar. If I actually see one, and they make eye contact with me, will it make me a better person, and will I have my entry to heaven guaranteed?

And I hope their presence in the Okanagan doesn't mean exposers are with them.

North Okanagan can use every bit of economic help it can get, yes or no.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I think Gordon H made a typo. I suspect he meant that these celebs will bring the area some exposure.
From that, perhaps some economic benefit.
I could see why it could be attractive for big celebrities to work here. People are pretty passe about the whole thing.
We have had sports celebs coming here for years and they pretty much come and go without much fanfare.
There are no big lineups or paparazzi harassing them. People are pretty respectful of them and don't get in their faces.
I think it will be the same with movie people. There is interest for sure, but not the fan insanity you would find in larger centres.
I've talked quite a few people in Enderby and none of them has gone out of their way to find the movie stars.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Experience has taught me that sometimes it's better NOT to meet a famous person you've always admired from afar. Because the reality often falls far short of the fantasy, and you're left disappointed.

Over the years there have been several famous people I initially held in high esteem who, once I actually met them, turned out to be not very nice at all. Sometimes it's better to continue to live with the illusion.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Merry wrote:Experience has taught me that sometimes it's better NOT to meet a famous person you've always admired from afar. Because the reality often falls far short of the fantasy, and you're left disappointed.

Over the years there have been several famous people I initially held in high esteem who, once I actually met them, turned out to be not very nice at all. Sometimes it's better to continue to live with the illusion.

I agree. I miss the magic of old Hollywood. I don't need to know all their personal dirt, what kind of toilet paper the use or any of the other stuff that is all over today. I liked it when movie stars looked like movie stars. You never saw them in sweatpants. They were very careful about their public images and part of their job was to maintain a sort of "class".
I don't want reality. I live that every day. I want my movies stars to be something special and movies a place to escape the reality of the daily grind.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Would be fun to rent a big Limo with blacked out windows and cruise around out there for an evening.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

gordon_as wrote:Would be fun to rent a big Limo with blacked out windows and cruise around out there for an evening.

In Enderby you would collect a line of cars behind you wondering where the funeral was.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Everyone knows that the funerals are on the Enderby-Grinrod backroad.

In Enderby everyone would be wondering who let the dogs out.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Queen K wrote:Everyone knows that the funerals are on the Enderby-Grinrod backroad.

In Enderby everyone would be wondering who let the dogs out.

Actually that is where the cemetery is located. A funeral would be at one of the churches.
Nonetheless. A limo in Enderby pretty much means someone died.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Return to “Central Okanagan”