baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Child Predator Takedown

Post by baconbits »

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Child Predator Takedown

Post by GordonH »

2 thumbs up to the BC RCMP’s Integrated Child Exploitation Unit, keep it going many more out their.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Good news that a scum bag was taken down , but did it really require "A number of investigators from BC ICE and the Integrated Sexual Predator Observation team (a specialized surveillance unit) " that " travelled from the Lower Mainland to intercept the man "
I would think that a couple of plain clothes local cops could have handled it.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

gordon_as wrote:Good news that a scum bag was taken down , but did it really require "A number of investigators from BC ICE and the Integrated Sexual Predator Observation team (a specialized surveillance unit) " that " travelled from the Lower Mainland to intercept the man "
I would think that a couple of plain clothes local cops could have handled it.

Sure, but why risk losing funding for the unit?
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Some criticism for the RCMP because the investigators from ICE completed the investigation in Vernon????? Give your head a shake. All of the online investigation was obviously done from their office in the LMD and those investigators would have been intimately familiar with this perverts activities and communications; they are experts in the investigative field and would be the best resources to arrest and interview the suspect and to search and seize computer equipment and other evidence at his residence. I don't know why any of us bother to respond to these opportunistic, juvenile and poorly thought out criticisms of police investigations, by people who obviously know absolutely nothing about the subject... they just like to *bleep*!!
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Yes , it was their case , they did all the legwork and deserve the credit due , however , general duty RCMP are fully capable of making the arrest. If one of the task force was here to do follow up investigations , I wouldn't have a problem with it. No need to send the whole team. I stand by my post.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

gordon_as wrote:Yes , it was their case , they did all the legwork and deserve the credit due , however , general duty RCMP are fully capable of making the arrest. If one of the task force was here to do follow up investigations , I wouldn't have a problem with it. No need to send the whole team. I stand by my post.
You are certainly entitled to stand by your post... I have no problem with that. However, asking one ICE investigator to oversee the arrest of the suspect and to also oversee the search for [perhaps] very specific evidence relating to the illiegal activities of the pervert to ensure that all relevant materials are seized; and to prepare for and conduct an interview in relation to the specific offence and in respect to [who knows how much evidence] obtained through the search, might be a rather tall order.... especially when there are additional, well trained and experienced investigators on the ICE unit to assist. My thought is that you are being pretty picky in your assessment of this situation and the actions of the ICE/RCMP. One would have to be living in a vacuum not to realize that it is very difficult for the police to get evidence into court with all of the ludicrous challenges that are presented by defence counsel. They only get one chance, so doing it right the first time is pretty important. Of course, they could have done the investigation with local general duty people... who ever was on shift at the time, and saved money to please critics like yourself. Then, if they screwed it up somehow, and the case ended up getting turfed... there would be a great opportunity for a bunch of people to criticise them for not using skilled investigators. The only losers in that situation would be the child victims of the perverted piece of ..... ! Looks like we are seeing a damned if you do.. damned if you don't situation for the police again.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

The statistics do not lie about pederasts:

Pedophiles are invariably males: Almost all sex crimes against children are committed by men.

Significant numbers of victims are males: Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

The 10 percent fallacy: Studies indicate that, contrary to the inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, homosexuals comprise between 1 to 3 percent of the population.

Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children.

Some homosexual activists defend the historic connection between homosexuality and pedophilia: Such activists consider the defense of "boy-lovers" to be a legitimate gay rights issue.

Pedophile themes abound in homosexual literary culture: Gay fiction as well as serious academic treatises promote "intergenerational intimacy."
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

concernie wrote:The statistics do not lie about pederasts:

Pedophiles are invariably males: Almost all sex crimes against children are committed by men.

Significant numbers of victims are males: Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

The 10 percent fallacy: Studies indicate that, contrary to the inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, homosexuals comprise between 1 to 3 percent of the population.

Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children.

Some homosexual activists defend the historic connection between homosexuality and pedophilia: Such activists consider the defense of "boy-lovers" to be a legitimate gay rights issue.

Pedophile themes abound in homosexual literary culture: Gay fiction as well as serious academic treatises promote "intergenerational intimacy."

Sources??
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

coffeeFreak wrote:
Sources??

Overrepresentation of homosexual child molesters:

A study in the Journal of Sex Research found that "approximately one-third of [child sex offenders] had victimized boys and two-thirds had victimized girls." The authors then make a prescient observation: "Interestingly, this ratio differs substantially from the ratio of gynephiles (men who erotically prefer physically mature females) to androphiles (men who erotically prefer physically mature males), which is at least 20 to 1." (Freund et al. (1989). Heterosexuality, homosexuality, and erotic age preference. Journal of Sex Research, 26, 107-117.)

In other words, although heterosexuals outnumber homosexuals by a ratio of at least 20 to 1, homosexual pedophiles commit about one-third of the total number of child sex offenses.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

(off-topic post removed - fluffy)
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

The following is from sexual abuse victim Sheldon Kennedy, former NHL star, who was molested starting at 14 by his hockey coach Graham James, a homosexual pederast.

Graham was very good at picking out his victims. He would feel them out first, looking for weaknesses and insecurities before he made a sexual move on them. He looked into a prospective victim's family situation, looking for boys who didn't have a very solid home, boys whose fathers were angry and had drinking problems. Kids with single moms were on the top of his list of potential victims. Graham usually dealt with the mothers of the players on the team. He rarely spoke to the fathers. The fathers were of no use to him. He wanted to find boys who needed a father figure in their lives, boys who were confused and unsure of their masculinity and needed a man they could trust and confide in. When he found someone in that situation, he swept into their lives like Superman. But what the parents did not know was that Superman was planning to take their sons into a very dark dungeon and that their sons might never make it out of that dungeon. —Why I Didn't Say Anything, pg. 79

The way Kennedy describes Graham's exploitation of character flaws and emotional weakness is exactly how pro-gay counsellors in the school system turn confused students into homosexuals, and/or homosexual advocates.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

concernie wrote:The way Kennedy describes Graham's exploitation of character flaws and emotional weakness is exactly how pro-gay counsellors in the school system turn confused students into homosexuals, and/or homosexual advocates.

It will likely take a few more generations to obliterate this kind of misguided belief, or at the least, to push it into the extreme minority.

To believe one can be turned homosexual is Neanderthal thinking.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.

Return to “Central Okanagan”