Old Waddy's Location?

Phoenix Within
Guru

Old Waddy's Location?

Post by Phoenix Within »

I can see they got a new restaurant going into the old Waddy's location. Judging by the stone work, my guess is something fancier. Keg? Milestones? Has anyone heard of what is going in there?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Old Waddy's Location?

Post by Dizzy1 »

I don't know how reliable my info is but I have heard that Yat Sen is supposed to be moving in. I've also noticed that The Palace is open again as well as a new Indian restaurant is going in at the old Yin Ho location.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So did anyone save this Vernon icon seen here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Vernon,+ ... 72.57,,0,0

I never ate at Waddy's.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Maybe they'll find him out in a field somewhere like they did Fred Flintstone.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Dizzy1 wrote:I don't know how reliable my info is but I have heard that Yat Sen is supposed to be moving in.

Can't see it. Exterior looks way too fancy for a Chinese place (not to mention they'd have to make some severe improvements themselves!).

new Indian restaurant is going in at the old Yin Ho location.

Which had a couple Viet places in it. New Indian one should be interesting.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

One of the three Indian restaurants (The Palace) closed their doors recently, and one of the others is slated for demolition if a few shorts years. Perhaps an Indian restaurant would make sense.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Phoenix wrote:

"Can't see it. Exterior looks way too fancy for a Chinese place (not to mention they'd have to make some severe improvements themselves!)."

Just how is a Chinese place supposed to look? I'm surprised that the moderator let this one get posted.

By the way, it is the new location for the Yat Sen.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Phoenix Within wrote:Can't see it. Exterior looks way too fancy for a Chinese place

Ah, Confusious say, looks like Temptasians ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Glacier wrote:One of the three Indian restaurants (The Palace) closed their doors recently, and one of the others is slated for demolition if a few shorts years. Perhaps an Indian restaurant would make sense.

I do believe that The Palace is open again. The for lease signs are down and there were set tables outside and people going in the other night. I just hope the new one caters more to take out than eat in - something like a $10 curry combo with rice, 2 small curries and naan would be awesome.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Dizzy1 wrote:I don't know how reliable my info is but I have heard that Yat Sen is supposed to be moving in.

I heard the same.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Mr. Mikes?
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Fritzthecat wrote:Mr. Mikes?

We should be so lucky!
tjc

Post by tjc »

Red Lobster ???
that would be hoping for too much
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I heard they are bringing back a Bonanza.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:I heard they are bringing back a Bonanza.

Did you want baked potato, mashed potato or fries? Lol

Seriously tho, don't tease us - Mr.Mikes would be awesome but a Bonanza reboot - yum :)
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Sep 19th, 2013, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”