Old Waddy's Location?

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Old Waddy's Location?

Post by bob vernon »

The current location of the Yat Sen is listed as being available for lease. The Yat Sen is moving into the old Waddies. For sure.
Sush72

Re: Old Waddy's Location?/Palace update

Post by Sush72 »

Popped into The Palace downtown and talked with the new owner. The menu is targeting upscale clientele, he says, with steaks and pasta. It is no longer an Indian food restaurant. They are going to offer a lunch buffet once more people start coming. I took a copy of the menu and they have appies from $10+, salads and soups ($7+), flatbreads (pizza?) ($14) , burgers ($14), "Pub Grub with a Twist" ie chicken fingers, fish and chips $12+, Butcher Block steaks $20+, entrees like Alaska Halibut Chimichurri ($24) and Tuscan chicken cavatti pasta ($16).
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

John and Michelle who own Yat Sen are building the new restaurant on the lot where the Sand Man is and it is indeed going to be called Tempt Asians.

Sorry; I meant Asian Avenue
Last edited by mexi cali on Oct 4th, 2013, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

mexicalidreamer wrote:John and Michelle who own Yat Sen are building the new restaurant on the lot where the Sand Man is and it is indeed going to be called Tempt Asians.

You do know there's already a place in Vernon with a similar name...

http://www.temptasian.ca/
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

tjc wrote:Red Lobster ???
that would be hoping for too much

Personally I think RL is over-hyped and overpriced for what you get. If there was going to be a RL, there probably would be an Olive Garden next to it (such has been my experience).

I was reading an article on MSN a couple years ago and they had a list of "failed chains in Canada", and Olive Garden was on that list. Funny, since any OG I've been too was at least a 15 minute wait on a slow day, 1 to 1 1/2 hours on a busy night.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Phoenix Within wrote:I was reading an article on MSN a couple years ago and they had a list of "failed chains in Canada", and Olive Garden was on that list. Funny, since any OG I've been too was at least a 15 minute wait on a slow day, 1 to 1 1/2 hours on a busy night.

I went to a Red Lobster for the first time by San Francisco International Airport the other week, didn't care for it. The food served was so unappealing. Olive Garden on the other hand ... Tour of Italy, oh yeah! LOL!

Bsuds mentioned Bonanza, seeing that there are no more Bonanza's or Ponderosa's in Canada, I'd be more than happy with a Sizzler :)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Dizzy1 wrote:Bsuds mentioned Bonanza, seeing that there are no more Bonanza's or Ponderosa's in Canada, I'd be more than happy with a Sizzler :)

A few years ago I heard a rumor that there was still an original one around Medicine Hat. No idea if it was true or if it still exist if it was true.

Someone did try to revive the name in Edmonton. Buffet style of western and Chinese (more angled towards Chinese). Wasn't bad, but I heard it burned down. No idea of they rebuilt or not.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Dizzy1 wrote:Olive Garden on the other hand ... Tour of Italy, oh yeah!

BTW, closest one is in Langley.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I ate at the Bonanza in Moscow, Idaho, a couple years ago. Not sure if it is still there. .
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

We were down to Vernon in early August and ate at Yat Sens. The Oriental lady there said they were moving over to the old Waddy`s location when the reno`s were complete.
qwert123

Post by qwert123 »

If you look in the new phone book under Asian Avenue restaurant, it is listed at Waddy's address and has Yat Sen's phone number
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

qwert123 wrote:If you look in the new phone book under Asian Avenue restaurant, it is listed at Waddy's address and has Yat Sen's phone number

What's a phone book? LOL ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Gas line ruptured near old Waddy's today, but not sure if it was actually on the site though:

Update: Gas Leak Closes Highway, Now Open
Written by Peter McIntyre 107.5 KISSFM Wednesday, 25 September 2013 14:40
It's been a traffic nightmare for motorists trying to get through Vernon this afternoon. A ruptured natural gas line around 2:30 led officials to shut down several blocks of Highway 97 to allow Fortis BC to investigate and cap the line.The break occurred around the old Waddy's restaurant site, and led to the main route being blocked off from 43rd to 39th Avenues, and vehicles beng detoured around. It's not believed any homes or businesses had to be evacuated but several people in the area said the natural gas smell was very strong. The leak was capped and the road reopened at 2:45.

http://vernonblog.blogspot.ca/
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Phoenix Within wrote:BTW, closest one is in Langley.

Yeah I know, HWY 10. We usually go to the one in Wenatchee though, stop off on Walmart in Omak on the way back to do some shopping, its a bit further, but gas and grocerices are cheaper so the extra time involvoed makes up for it. But thanks :)
Sperica7
Fledgling

Post by Sperica7 »

Awe I remember being about 4 or 5 years old and on the way home back to Kamloops from Kelowna, my mom and I stopped at Waddy's and ate...we left and got ALL the way back to Kamloops and I realized I had left my stuffed elephant there! My mom phoned and yep, Elli the Elephant was STILL there LOL! My mom, being the super mom that she is, drove all the way back to Waddy's in Vernon to get it for me! I still have that elephant, 25 years later!

Return to “Central Okanagan”