Best Chinese in Vernon?

Where is the best place to get Chinese food in Vernon?

Kiki Gardens
11%
Asian Avenue
4%
Temptasians
32%
Golden Crown
21%
Royal Garden
4%
China Wok
7%
Sizzling Wok
No votes
Wok Box
4%
Wok Now
No votes
OTHER
18%

Total votes: 28

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Best Chinese in Vernon?

Post by Glacier »

For me, it's a toss up between the Kiki and the Yat Sen. What is your favourite Chinese restaurant?
Last edited by Glacier on Jan 14th, 2014, 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Best Chinese in Vernon?

Post by Dizzy1 »

Apple Lane.

Mae Flower was really good for take out, but I haven't been there in about 3 years. As for Buffet, I'd have to say Royal Garden, while Kiki is good, there selection is a bit on the sparse side ... would be nice if they'd change it up a bit.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I'm a Temptasians fan. Never been disappointed when we've gone there.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Dizzy1 wrote:Apple Lane.

Mae Flower was really good for take out, but I haven't been there in about 3 years. As for Buffet, I'd have to say Royal Garden, while Kiki is good, there selection is a bit on the sparse side ... would be nice if they'd change it up a bit.

Mae Flower is out of business as far as I know. Kiki has a pretty big spread for the buffet, but not sure if this something new after the recent acquisition by they the Lumby Chinese restaurant people (I visited it for the first time a month a go).

Never been to Apple Lane, but I will go try it. Wasn't going to make this thread until I had tried every Chinese spot in town at least once, but somehow missed that one.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

I love the Royal Garden. I try to stop there every time I go through Vernon.
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

Kelownaite here - Do any of these Vernon Chinese restaurants compare to a "real" Chinese restaurant like you can find in the Greater Vancouver area? I've tried many of them around Kelowna and while good, they're just not the same as what I can try when I'm down to the coast. (Suggestions on any places in Kelowna that fit this are welcome too)
rush

Post by rush »

Royal Gardens-The best smorg. in town.
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

When we come to Vernon we like the Yat Sen. We are looking forward to trying their new restaurant at the old Waddy's location.

We used to go to the Queen's Garden on Barnard for years when Cam and Susan owned and ran it. They sold a few years ago, and we found the past few months the buffet there now was not to our liking, so we switched back to Yat Sen.

In Kelowna we tried a Chinese restaurant on Harvey Ave. The Asian Pear? It is on the right-hand side of Harvey heading towards the bridge. Even though it was lunchtime, the buffet selection was huge. We will certainly eat there again and aim for suppertime, when we were told the buffet selection is even larger.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

superbee wrote:When we come to Vernon we like the Yat Sen. We are looking forward to trying their new restaurant at the old Waddy's location.

I noticed they have the sign up on the new location, "Asian Avenue".

superbee wrote:We used to go to the Queen's Garden on Barnard for years when Cam and Susan owned and ran it.

Where, oh you mean on 30th Ave ;) LOL! Yeah, we've been there a couple of times (the present operator) and while I didn't find it that bad, the Mrs. felt a bit quesey afterwards both times.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Order some Chinese? My favourite Monty Burns scene.

When Smithers was helping him get something to eat out of a can that wouldn't open:
Smithers "Would you like me to order some Chinese, sir?"
Burns "No, those people are all Gristle."
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Tori_K wrote:Kelownaite here - Do any of these Vernon Chinese restaurants compare to a "real" Chinese restaurant like you can find in the Greater Vancouver area? I've tried many of them around Kelowna and while good, they're just not the same as what I can try when I'm down to the coast. (Suggestions on any places in Kelowna that fit this are welcome too)

If you can't find one in Kelowna, what makes you think you'll find on in Vernon?

Is Kiki Gardens under new ownership? Last time I was there I wasn't impressed with the buffet. tasteless. That was about a year ago.

Usually it's the Golden Crown if we do order from anywhere.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

Phoenix Within wrote:If you can't find one in Kelowna, what makes you think you'll find on in Vernon?

Hope and a prayer?

Will consider Golden Crown though next time I'm looking for something in the area.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Phoenix Within wrote:Is Kiki Gardens under new ownership?

Yes, the people who owned and operated the Pagoda in Lumby bought the Kiki and then sold the Pagoda.
- Douglas Murray
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Tori_K wrote:Hope and a prayer?

Will consider Golden Crown though next time I'm looking for something in the area.

Golden Crown is good for Vernon, but not as good as what I can get out of Kelowna. Imperial Banquet and Mei Wei would be my choices for that.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
sean.vw

Post by sean.vw »

The best Chinese food in Vernon is only 8 minutes north in Armstrong. The Great Wall is worth the drive everytime.

Return to “Central Okanagan”