Best Chinese in Vernon?

Where is the best place to get Chinese food in Vernon?

Kiki Gardens
11%
Asian Avenue
4%
Temptasians
32%
Golden Crown
21%
Royal Garden
4%
China Wok
7%
Sizzling Wok
No votes
Wok Box
4%
Wok Now
No votes
OTHER
18%

Total votes: 28

Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Best Chinese in Vernon?

Post by Hmmm »

Phoenix Within wrote:Nope, and should never be expected to be the "best", but some form of quality should be expected.

True true. I have said this before and I'll say again, I LIKE chinese buffets. I also realize that they cannot be held to the same high standard as a made to order place. I thought that was obvious but I guess not.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The worst Chinese food I've had in Vernon does not have a smorg (though lunch is under $6). It is not on the list in the poll.
When I went in there for lunch recently I was the only person in there who didn't have grey hair. Pretty much everyone was 60+, so I think that's who they cater to with their small portions at a low price.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Hmmm wrote:I have said this before and I'll say again, I LIKE chinese buffets.

Same, but also agree that the BEST food is not found at a buffet.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

quote="Hmmm wrote I have said this before and I'll say again, I LIKE chinese buffets.

Phoenix Within Same, but also agree that the BEST food is not found at a buffet.

]that's your opinion and mine is a lot of great Chinese can be and is found at buffets
Last edited by rvrepairnut on Jan 4th, 2014, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

rvrepairnut wrote:

]that's your opinion and mine is a lot of great Chinese can be and is found at buffets
yes some great Chinese food can be found at buffets. The best though is different.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Hmmm!!! as previously displayed that's your personal opinion and means nothing to me as I like a good buffet anytime
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

rvrepairnut wrote:Hmmm!!! as previously displayed that's your personal opinion and means nothing to me as I like a good buffet anytime

I guess the question was, do you think you can get the BEST Chinese food at a buffet verses the best non buffet Chinese restaurant? Thats all I said in the beginning, that its not possible. Take for example a place that has the very best non buffet Chinese food and then they decide to take that same food and make it mass quantity and put it out in heated bins. Do you think that food would be as good as the food they made one minute ago in a small batch just for you? i know its against human nature to agree but I sure hope this one makes sense to you.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

like I said a few times its all opinion. go to a good Chinese buffet that's busy.the food is allways fresh.Like I said to each their own.I don't get excited about it ;like you nor do I care
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

rvrepairnut wrote:like I said a few times its all opinion. go to a good Chinese buffet that's busy.the food is allways fresh.Like I said to each their own.I don't get excited about it ;like you nor do I care

I'm happy for both of us that we have no REAL concerns so that debating about chinese food is on the agenda. :}
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Seeing that Yat Sen is now gone, maybe that should be taken off the list? Or replaced by Asian Avenue?

Went there last night (Asian Avenue) ... much, much better than Yat Sen ever was. Went to Golden Crown last week, not the greatest anymore ... everything was rather bland and tasted the same ... and why oh why do they have to put shrimp in almost everything they bring to your table? Was surprised there wasn't one floating in my Coke.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Central Okanagan”