Vernon parents push for charter buses during snowy months

rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Re: Vernon parents push for charter buses during snowy month

Post by rvrepairnut »

Dizzy(name suits u) U take your dough and hire a inexperienced union lackie whom cant even keep a bus upright at 25MPH on PV road to haul your kid to Vancouver but I would prefer to use my money to hire a experienced professional bus driver that has many miles of experience on the coke during winter conditions, as they say to each their own
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

rvrepairnut wrote:Dizzy(name suits u) U take your dough and hire a inexperienced union lackie whom cant even keep a bus upright at 25MPH on PV road to haul your kid to Vancouver but I would prefer to use my money to hire a experienced professional bus driver that has many miles of experience on the coke during winter conditions, as they say to each their own

I'm surprised you didn't insist that no women drive buses either, that seems to be your thing.
BTW, your a great armchair QB that knows nothing but thinks he does. That is my own personal opinion and has no argumentative merits (apart from being true).
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh RVnutz, now someone in a union is now a "lackey" and is "inexperienced" as a professional driver.

You are not assisting your argument by using subjective perjorative language choices.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

rvrepairnut wrote:Dizzy(name suits u) U take your dough and hire a inexperienced union lackie whom cant even keep a bus upright at 25MPH on PV road to haul your kid to Vancouver but I would prefer to use my money to hire a experienced professional bus driver that has many miles of experience on the coke during winter conditions, as they say to each their own

Good thing some of us actually stop and think before we make decisions about our kids and not just go with what was in the fortune cookie the night before.

But again, I'll ask, how does this incident strengthen your argument?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

I'm surprised you didn't insist that no women drive buses either, that seems to be your thing.
BTW, your a great armchair QB that knows nothing but thinks he does. That is my own personal opinion and has no argumentative merits (apart from being true).

haha you are too funny no I know women actually are good bus drivers in the city and regional school districts
not on the coke though hahaha
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

First of all, it's Coq, not "coke" as in cocaine or too many sodas.

Second, I know a bus driver who could rip you in two for insinuating she would not be able drive the Coq as well as a man.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flyfishonly

Post by flyfishonly »

rvrepairnut: "U take your dough and hire a inexperienced union lackie whom cant even keep a bus upright at 25MPH on PV road to haul your kid to Vancouver but I would prefer to use my money to hire a experienced professional bus driver that has many miles of experience on the coke during winter conditions, as they say to each their own"

It's better to be silent and have people assume your ignorant than to speak and prove it! The bus driver on PV is not inexperienced, and his actions very well may have saved lives. He certainly is no lackey. I drive the Coq regularly, in some of the so called "severe winter conditions", and the local roads here in Vernon are often worse. This is a FACT, not a blathering un-informed opinion.

You best think carefully in the future about your use of disparaging adjectives when speaking about a person, you're not above a defamation law suit.

I apologize in advance if the use of reason and larger words cause distress.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Queen K wrote:First of all, it's Coq, not "coke" as in cocaine or too many sodas.

Second, I know a bus driver who could rip you in two for insinuating she would not be able drive the Coq as well as a man.

Those are usually the unsafe drivers that end up having a huge crash causing fatalities.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

flyfishonly wrote:rvrepairnut: "U take your dough and hire a inexperienced union lackie whom cant even keep a bus upright at 25MPH on PV road to haul your kid to Vancouver but I would prefer to use my money to hire a experienced professional bus driver that has many miles of experience on the coke during winter conditions, as they say to each their own"

It's better to be silent and have people assume your ignorant than to speak and prove it! The bus driver on PV is not inexperienced, and his actions very well may have saved lives. He certainly is no lackey. I drive the Coq regularly, in some of the so called "severe winter conditions", and the local roads here in Vernon are often worse. This is a FACT, not a blathering un-informed opinion.

You best think carefully in the future about your use of disparaging adjectives when speaking about a person, you're not above a defamation law suit.

I apologize in advance if the use of reason and larger words cause distress.

*personal attack removed*/ferri
Two things about PV road accident as I view it.He should have recognized the road danger before the accident and slowed down and two the school district should have had better tires on the bus than I saw in the picture and i would take a
(example) professional grey hound bus driver to haul my kids to Vancouver over the coke in winter conditions 10 times to one over part time school bus drivers that work in the Vernon scool district.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Back to topic:

Queen K wrote:Second, I know a bus driver who could rip you in two for insinuating she would not be able drive the Coq as well as a man.

It should be understood that even retired bus drivers may have had more than sufficient driving experience through previous jobs (male or female).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

*personal attack removed*/ferri

rvrepairnut wrote:two the school district should have had better tires on the bus than I saw in the picture

rvrepairnut wrote:one over part time school bus drivers that work in the Vernon scool district.

... so exactly what does this accident have to do with the School District?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Elroth

Post by Elroth »

rvrepairnut wrote:..on the coke during winter

Once again... "Coq", not "coke".
flyfishonly

Post by flyfishonly »

The bus wasn't even traveling 25mph. He was already slowing down when he encountered black ice. The "professional" bus driver made the choice to put the bus in the ditch avoiding a much worse accident. Split second decision making that only comes from experience. Stop using "part time" as a basis of choosing which type of bus/bus driver is suitable, it's an asinine argument. Some of those so highly qualified bus drivers are part time as well. If you ever have the mis-fortune of needing the fire department, I hope you call 911 and request only full time VFD members attend... And don't get into that ambulance, some of them are also staffed by part time medics... "Part time" designation has nothing to do with expertise.

I drive approximately 6oo0km a month in winter (Coq, Rogers Pass, Kootenay Pass, Monashee Pass, etc), and I drove PV Road mere minutes before that incident and the road looked fine, but I hit a patch of black ice about a km north of that particular spot - it happens! They call it black ice because it is not "visible".
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

It's funny because the poster is saying that a private company is safer than unionized school district bus drivers.

The irony is the PV road accident was caused by a private company. It was a Vernon Christian School bus that crashed. Vernon Christian School is not part of the Vernon School District. It is a private school that contracts its bussing to A1 bussing.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/106 ... -bus-crash

I'm not sure if A1 has unionized bus drivers, not that it is relevant, but it was a chartered bus that crashed.

I don't think charter buses are any safer on the coq as the school district bus drivers drive these conditions all the time to Silver Star, up and down the valley and the coq.

I am thinking it was a matter of comfort, not safety, that the parents wanted a charter bus.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

only send your kids in slippery winter conditions over the coke with a professional charter bus system,do not use the local part time(eg) # 22 in town bus drivers. they have no or little 70MPH bus driving experience through the coke

Return to “Central Okanagan”