Tardis For Charity

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Tardis For Charity

Post by Dizzy1 »

Its a shame that this didn't work out ...

The mysterious movements of a tardis have hit a stumbling block.

The City of Vernon has turned down a request from Will Munton and Junior Chamber International to move a policeman’s call box, known as a tardis, to various locations as a fundraiser.

“It would set a precedent and we weren’t sure how to deal with that,” said Mayor Rob Sawatzky, adding that other groups could ask for similar assistance.

“If we were looking at what was asked for, it would be quite a precedent using city staff and equipment.”

The tardis box, a replica of the one used in the Dr. Who TV series, is eight feet high and weighs a few hundred pounds.

Another major issue for the city was financial.

“The average cost of each move will be about $400,” said Shirley Koenig, the city’s operation services director.

“This equates to about $4,400 for the 11 planned moves and includes labour and equipment cost. This expense is not included in the approved operation’s budget and would require an additional funding source.”

The tardis will be auctioned off at JCI’s gala April 12 and the funds will go to the Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation.

http://www.vernonmorningstar.com/news/250409401.html

... I saw it downtown in front of the Towne Theatre, didn't get a chance to see if you can go in it though. Anyone try it? Or maybe even seen it around?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
ace10brian

Re: Tardis For Charity

Post by ace10brian »

I first saw it up at SilverStar and then more recently in front of the Towne Theatre. You could not open it. I thought I had read something about needing to find a hidden key or something.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Tardis For Charity

Post by Dizzy1 »

ace10brian wrote:I first saw it up at SilverStar and then more recently in front of the Towne Theatre. You could not open it. I thought I had read something about needing to find a hidden key or something.

Cool! Thanks for the extra bit of info ... I only saw it at the Towne.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Central Okanagan”