Cocaine dealer set free

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Cocaine dealer set free

Post by Donald G »

According to todays OKANAGAN newspaper Donal Steven Wear has walked free on his Trafficking Cocaine harges because the judge had the opinion that his case had been too long in coming to trial. Mr Wear had been committed for trial at a Preliminary Hearing May 2012 and had been out on bail since the offense took place.

The judge noted that the trial delay had been "extremely stressful to the accused". Yea I bet.

Nothing whatever to do with guilt or innocence. Just "judicial" discretion ... again ... and again ... and again.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Cocaine Dealer set Free

Post by bob vernon »

Another example of the provincial government not providing the resources to operate the system. With no court date set by now, and it would exceed 2 years in May, the judge has no alternative than to dismiss the case. If the Crown can't get to the case by 2 years then time is up. There are empty courtrooms all over the province. But no judges, QCs, or court staff.

It's seems more important for Christy to cut the bank tax and for the province to build infrastructure to mines in the northwest of the province than it is to fund the legal system, hospitals, and schools.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Christy Clark cut the bank tax? Funny that the banks and the tax professionals in this province don't know a thing about it.

And how dare she build infrastructure that provides a pile of very good jobs for BCers? It's better to hire more bureaucrats for the legal system so they can pass out 3 month conditional sentences to bad boys.

What's this province coming to?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The provincial tax on bank profits was cut from 6 to 5 percent two years ago.

The infrastructure? In the past two years the province has spent $765 million on a hydro line from Kitwanga to Bob Quinn. Every heard of those places? Not many people have. There is a mine at Bob Quinn. Nice subsidy. The cost of this line will likely go over $1 billion sometime this summer.

Anybody in this province who is arrested and charged should go to court within 2 years.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

bob vernon wrote:The provincial tax on bank profits was cut from 6 to 5 percent two years ago.

You better provide a link. I'll pass it on to the tax pros I know, because they've been doing everyone's tax returns incorrectly for the past 2 years.

The capital tax introduced in the dark ages of 1973 under Dave Barrett was applied to all corporations, and has been slowly phased out, thank God, as so many companies headquartered in Alberta to escape it, which starved BC of much-needed jobs. That tax had nothing to do with bank profits, and was instead paid on the size of the net assets of companies.

The only change in taxes on bank profits was to INCREASE the BC provincial income tax rate on all corporations from 10% to 11% effective April 1, 2013.

Funny how an NDPer sees an increase in income tax as a reduction for banks. Those union newsletters just aren't the best source for income tax information.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
GEW
Fledgling

Post by GEW »

bob vernon wrote:The provincial tax on bank profits was cut from 6 to 5 percent two years ago.

The infrastructure? In the past two years the province has spent $765 million on a hydro line from Kitwanga to Bob Quinn. Every heard of those places? Not many people have. There is a mine at Bob Quinn. Nice subsidy. The cost of this line will likely go over $1 billion sometime this summer.

Anybody in this province who is arrested and charged should go to court within 2 years.

---------

I can't speak on delays in the courts since I don't know anything on the topic. But I can tell you that this transmission line is being built with the intention of linking several mines (not just one) with reliable power as well as receiving power from at least one new power project as well. The line is not a subsidy; it is a critical piece of infrastructure which will supply and receive electricity so that mines can work- and most importantly put British Columbians to work. The mines might not be paying for the build of the line, but they will be paying for the cost of electricity that comes through the line. With a likely 60'year lifespan, the line will pay for itself and be a benefit for all British Columbians. To say this project is a waste is saying that you don't want jobs and prosperity for BC and it's people.
Keep calm and wear your tinfoil hat.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Rwede wrote:Christy Clark cut the bank tax? Funny that the banks and the tax professionals in this province don't know a thing about it.

And how dare she build infrastructure that provides a pile of very good jobs for BCers? It's better to hire more bureaucrats for the legal system so they can pass out 3 month conditional sentences to bad boys.

What's this province coming to?

Can't agree with a political party being responsible. When I hear of the time they reserve for a trial in this province, I question what's taking them so long. The fact of the matter is the courts are over loaded and the right to have a speedy trial is why they are being tossed. It's really not Clarks fault, and I do not support her, just know the system fault.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Cocaine dealer set free

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

i see in the op that this person was charged with trafficking cocaine. i see also in the news that cocaine is so very often not cocaine but a cocktail of other drugs.

so here is my questions, was this guy's 'product' tested to see what it actually is?

i am not particularly interested in this case, but i wonder why i never see people getting charged with dealing these other dangerous chemicals?

did this guy actually have pure uncut cocaine?
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Donald G wrote:According to todays OKANAGAN newspaper Donal Steven Wear has walked free on his Trafficking Cocaine harges because the judge had the opinion that his case had been too long in coming to trial. Mr Wear had been committed for trial at a Preliminary Hearing May 2012 and had been out on bail since the offense took place.

The judge noted that the trial delay had been "extremely stressful to the accused". Yea I bet.

Nothing whatever to do with guilt or innocence. Just "judicial" discretion ... again ... and again ... and again.

Maybe if the courts didnt waste so much time and resources on marijuana there wouldnt be this problem.
SpeakTheWholeTruth

Post by SpeakTheWholeTruth »

Foeresters dad got 3 years in jail for trying to cover for his kid who murdered a young girl. The dad was out the whole time. Is cocaine possession worse than murder..? Meh
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

The Dad did not commit murder. Your name is wrong, you do not speak the truth.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I think Dad got "had" for obstructing the investigation. Not aiding or abetting the actual offence.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Gixxer ...

Yea ... I imagine that you find that the police continuing to disrupt gangs by hammering them in the pocket book a bit disconcerting all right. I wonder why?

Maybe you should find out how little time that the police spend on marijuana UNRELATED TO CRIMINAL DRUG GANGS before you make such silly statements.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Donald G wrote:To Gixxer ...

Yea ... I imagine that you find that the police continuing to disrupt gangs by hammering them in the pocket book a bit disconcerting all right. I wonder why?

Maybe you should find out how little time that the police spend on marijuana UNRELATED TO CRIMINAL DRUG GANGS before you make such silly statements.

More "Donald Logic" anyone that grows marijuana is part of criminal gang and or gangster.
Dented

Post by Dented »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i see in the op that this person was charged with trafficking cocaine. i see also in the news that cocaine is so very often not cocaine but a cocktail of other drugs.

so here is my questions, was this guy's 'product' tested to see what it actually is?

i am not particularly interested in this case, but i wonder why i never see people getting charged with dealing these other dangerous chemicals?

did this guy actually have pure uncut cocaine?

Doubt it most likely cut.

you gotta know the major leagues of the game to get uncut off the boat cocaine.

Return to “Central Okanagan”