Mabel Lake Rd Washout

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Mabel Lake Rd Washout

Post by Glacier »

I keep reading and hearing in the news how the residents of Mabel Lake are stranded. This is totally BS because there is a really good forestry road that connects up with Three Valley Gap. I've done the road a couple years back in a minivan with no problem. It forks at the north end of the lake where you can either turn left for Three Valley Gap or turn south and take road right into Lumby.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#114377
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Mabel Lake Rd Washout

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Didn't they have snow up there recently? How is that road now? It might be fine in mid summer.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Listening to the reports I have heard they were checking that road out but weren't sure it was passable yet this spring. I have never heard anymore about whether it is open or not.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

The northern faces of that road may not be open yet.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

The road slide has now been cleared to single lane traffic.

Return to “Central Okanagan”