'N' Drivers Test

countrygirl19

'N' Drivers Test

Post by countrygirl19 »

Taking my N test soon does anyone have any tips or suggestions? What's the Vernon test like and where do they typically take you?
Verminator
Board Meister

Re: 'N' Drivers Test

Post by Verminator »

Why does it matter where they take you? The only tip I can offer is to follow the rules of the road. Do that and you'll be fine no matter where the tester decides to go.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Most fails are from not having both hands on the steering wheel (quarter to three) and improper or no shoulder checks. You might want to practice a parallel parking or two.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

zookeeper wrote:Most fails are from not having both hands on the steering wheel (quarter to three) and improper or no shoulder checks. You might want to practice a parallel parking or two.

If you can afford at least one professional lesson that would really help. They generally know more on what is tested and the basic route that the driver examiner uses.

I don't believe parallel parking factors into a pass or fail, any more.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Check the shoulder check rules. I think my niece got dinged for actually doing a shoulder check. Also , years ago , my son was failed for speeding in a School Zone. The tester had him drive down 27th street and then turn right onto 35th ave towards Lordco. As soon as you make the turn , the speed zone sign for Beristo school is there , he completely missed it.
Don't even have a phone in the car.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Losing your cool is how most screw up and it snowballs from there.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

While you are driving you will have to try and ignore the examiner going through a checklist, he will be writing but it may not be a bad thing, they also record what you did right.
When I was tested for a class 4 shoulder checks were mandatory.
Make sure you have lots of practice in the vehicle you are using and are familiar with ALL controls without havingto look.
Make sure not to miss any traffic signs.
Don't phone or text.
Good luck.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “Central Okanagan”