Lumby - Grow-Op Capital of the North Okanagan?

NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Lumby - Grow-Op Capital of the North Okanagan?

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

So there are now 2 houses side by side being busted as Grow-ops today in Lumby.

They took the woman in the first house away in cuffs (I saw the cuffs on her as they led her to the cruiser) - not sure where her 3 kids are (ages about 8 to 13), but no where to be seen today.
This house was busted 2 or so years ago.

They are just getting ready to pull the meter on the 2nd house and do entry......

This is at least 10 to 15 busts here in Lumby that I have heard of in the last 4 years and I have no doubt there have been many more.

So much for Lumby being a sleepy backwater town.

I guess all the locals that fought tooth and nail against having a prison established here 4 years ago did it so that they did not have to walk home from the prison gates.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Lumby - Grow-Op Capital of the North Okanagan?

Post by Dizzy1 »

Mountainview Rd by any chance?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Dizzy1 wrote:Mountainview Rd by any chance?

Mountain View Ave
3 houses on the same block busted in under 1 year.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

We had some friends looking to buy a house on that block a while back and that's what the rumour was - they're very glad they didn't lol
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Varulv

Post by Varulv »

I live in the area and I can say that Mountain View is not a bad road to live on. The houses are nice and the residents are primarily young working families and a few older couples. I'm glad that the RCMP is cracking down so harshly. Lumby is a nice little town and I'm tired of criminals ruining its reputation.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

NotNorthAnymore wrote:3 houses on the same block busted in under 1 year.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly which three houses those are. From what I heard is that the people who had the grow op in the one house did a midnight move and moved into the house down the street and set up another grow op. Wonder if there are actually going to be charges or are they just going to move again and set up elsewhere?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I don't get it. Mountainview is probably the nicest and newest street in Lumby, and yet people buy houses there for the purpose of putting in a grow-op. Why wouldn't you buy a place for half the price if you're going to ruin the place with chemicals and mould?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Glacier wrote:I don't get it. Mountainview is probably the nicest and newest street in Lumby, and yet people buy houses there for the purpose of putting in a grow-op. Why wouldn't you buy a place for half the price if you're going to ruin the place with chemicals and mould?

The 2 houses that I know of were rented out and 'twas the renters who had the grow ops.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If you're going to rent a place, why not rent one that is cheaper? Either way, if you buy a brand spanking new home on Mountainview, why rent it out? This sounds like a really dumb thing to do. Then again, Lumbyites are inbred. There is a sign in a Lumby neighbourhood that read, "Slow Kids." It didn't take me long to figure out why the kids were slow.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
hotsummer09

Post by hotsummer09 »

Whoa there Glacier what perfect town do you hail from? I have lived in the Lumby area for forty years and I don't recall a whole lot of inbreeding going on. For that matter probably no worse than any other town or city in Canada re drugs,grow ops, alcohol abuse,stupidity etc oh yeah and inbreeding
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's a joke, hotsummer. I'm sure the sign meant "slow because there are kids in the area." I've noticed that there are an inordinately large number of people in Lumby who never leave. Born, raised, married, and died all in the same town. This does not mean inbreeding, only an interesting observation.
- Douglas Murray
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

There are some pretty special characters that hail from Lumby/Cherryville. I suppose it's no different than any other small town. Rough around the edges but well meaning. I always love camping in the monashees because you never know who you're going to run into in the bush. Chances are they're going to have some stories to tell, or they're gonna be drunk with guns.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I find that the farther east you go on Hwy 6 - the more redneckish one becomes. Think about it - Vernon then Coldstream, already a bit of a difference there. Then Laving ton, then Lumby, then Cherryville - just sayin' ;)
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I don't know about "redneckish". I'd say it's more hillybillyish than anything.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Took a drive up that block today to see if it was the 2 houses I suspected and yup, they were. I also noticed that the other house that had the grow up on it (on the other side and up the street) has been listed. Interestingly, the new build across the street from the 2 busted houses has pretty much seized construction, or at least slowed down. Wonder if the rumor on that one was true as well ... hmmm, interesting neighborhood.

Return to “Central Okanagan”