Teen critically injured tubing

14Karma

Re: Teen critically injured tubing

Post by 14Karma »

Aww...this is just terrible for the family...
You know I think maybe he had passed but it was pulled because all family members had not been notified?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

KISS FM in Vernon just posted this ...

"A Vernon teen seriously injured in a boating accident remains in Kelowna hospital in critical condition.

14 year old Miles Wohlford was hit by a boat and its propeller in Okanagan Lake June 28 after he had fallen off while tubing with friends in the Westside Road area.

One media outlet had reported Friday Miles had been taken off life support by his family.

That turned out to be incorrect, and Miles's mother, Randi Lund, issued the following statement on Facebook Friday night:

"I understand there's been some misinformation communicated via the media today with respect to Miles Wohlford's condition. As it stands right now there's been no change in Miles's condition at the hospital, however I would like all our friends to know to be aware that due to a very grave prognosis for recovery our family has made a very difficult decision to remove the life-sustaining therapies that have been sustaining Miles since Saturday. We are very hopeful that the sequence of events can accommodate Miles's wish to become an organ donor I will send an update to all those who love and care about Miles when the time comes. Much love the Lund -Wohlford family oxox"

Wohlford is a Fulton student who is well known in the minor hockey and lacrosse communities.

A fundraiser to help his family with costs was launched this week."

http://www.1075kiss.com/kiss-news/lates ... jured-teen

Given that information, I'm sure we can all be relieved to be able to continue and wish the young lad a hopeful recovery and the family strength for such a terrible ordeal to have to live through.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Jul 4th, 2014, 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Whats going on with Castanet news stories lately?
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

dp
Last edited by wanderingman on Jul 4th, 2014, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

"Mothers quote: I would like all our friends to know to be aware that due to a very grave prognosis for recovery our family has made a very difficult decision to remove the life-sustaining therapies that have been sustaining Miles since Saturday. We are very hopeful that the sequence of events can accommodate Miles's wish to become an organ donor [/quote]

so hes been taken off life support?
this is very tragic as is the missing three people in Calgary alberta[/quote]
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Castanet has changed their update again ...

"8 p.m. update: The family of Miles Wohlford has made the toughest choice any parents can make. They say due to Miles' grave prognosis they have taken their child off of life support that has been sustaining Miles since Saturday. They hope the events can accommodate Miles' wish to become an organ donor.

The Lund-Wohlford families thank the community for all of the prayers and messages of love and support sent to them and Miles in this most difficult time.
"

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/118 ... h-decision
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Wow, another family laying a teen to rest, that should never happen.
My truly deepest sympathies go out to you, I cant imagine.
Take care of each other in the rough times you are going through, Ill be thinking of you.
Going today, hear tommorow
rbuttuls

Post by rbuttuls »

according to the facebook page started for the family it states "UPDATE: 10:38 pm from mom, Randi Lund:
Miles Douglas Caston Wohlford passed away at 8:52 pm he honourably gave life to a minimum of 6 people through organ donation
‪#‎miraclesformiles‬"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

So sad, yet in a time of tragedy bringing hope to others.

My condolences to the family.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

My heart is so sad right now.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

What a very honourable decision by the family to allow this tragedy to give such critical life saving actions to others in thier roughest of times.
Hats off to you.
Going today, hear tommorow
Busdriver1964
Fledgling

Post by Busdriver1964 »

Sad to hear about their son..
Would not have know other than this forum....

Poor jounalism
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's been all over the news.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Busdriver1964 wrote:Sad to hear about their son..
Would not have know other than this forum....

Poor jounalism

You don't read the newspaper, listen to local radio or watch the news?
alishaklassen

Post by alishaklassen »

This story hurts my heart. I feel terrible for the family. A decision a parent never wants to have to make nor should they have to. It is amazing that he donated to so many people giving a better life and possibly life to others is a huge tribute to his character and his families. I just feel sad for the whole situation. My most sincerest condolences to the family and friends of this young boy.

Return to “Central Okanagan”