Teen critically injured tubing

Busdriver1964
Fledgling

Teen critically injured tubing

Post by Busdriver1964 »

Can castanet not get a simple Headline right.
Sounds like we should ban tubing.....
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Teen critically injured tubing

Post by Gixxer »

I thought someone was injured floating the river either in Enderby, or Lumby
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

This sounded like a really horrible unfortunate accident that resulted in horrific injuries to the young lad. I hope he recovers. It sounds like the lady driving was not related but the father and other family were present. One of those news descriptions that just turned our stomachs reading it.
You and 71 others Like this post
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

I just don't see how this is possible. Was this a rental? Inexperienced boat operator? Stupidity? All of the above? It's just such a tragic completely avoidable incident. I hope the kid is able to make a full recovery.

PS. I thought the injury would be tubing related too judging from the headline.
PPS. Tubing is stupid. I never once found it enjoyable. It exists solely to try and hurt one another as the driver does his best to launch the rider into the water. Try enjoying real water sports like skiing, knee-boarding and wakeboarding.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Oxl3y wrote:I just don't see how this is possible. Was this a rental? Inexperienced boat operator? Stupidity? All of the above? It's just such a tragic completely avoidable incident. I hope the kid is able to make a full recovery.

PPS. Tubing is stupid. I never once found it enjoyable. It exists solely to try and hurt one another as the driver does his best to launch the rider into the water. Try enjoying real water sports like skiing, knee-boarding and wakeboarding.

Many, if not most, accidents are avoidable. Human error typically plays into them and they said alcohol was not involved. Who cares if it was a rental? It was a horrible incident that the boys family witnessed and I am sure whoever caused it is feeling about as horrible and guilt ridden as we can imagine.
Whether it is someone drifting across the center line on the highway or having this happen, it is still a fate that nobody wishes to encounter.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Oxl3y wrote:I just don't see how this is possible. Was this a rental? Inexperienced boat operator? Stupidity? All of the above? It's just such a tragic completely avoidable incident. I hope the kid is able to make a full recovery.

try saying after your outburst "In my opinion" as others will disagree with your rant on tubing. as they say to each his own
I like tubing and all of the other stuff also
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

LANDM wrote: Many, if not most, accidents are avoidable. Human error typically plays into them and they said alcohol was not involved. Who cares if it was a rental? It was a horrible incident that the boys family witnessed and I am sure whoever caused it is feeling about as horrible and guilt ridden as we can imagine.
Whether it is someone drifting across the center line on the highway or having this happen, it is still a fate that nobody wishes to encounter.

Rentals are given too freely in the Okanagan. Operators with little to no experience can be given a boat and set loose on the lake leading to incidents like this. There is no conceivable way that this should have occurred. An experienced operator would have coasted up to the person in the water with the motor off or turned well around them so the tow rope would cross their path.

This was a tragic accident but my point is she shouldn't have been behind the wheel as she obviously had no idea what she was doing.
Last edited by Oxl3y on Jul 1st, 2014, 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

wanderingman wrote:try saying after your outburst "In my opinion" as others will disagree with your rant on tubing. as they say to each his own

Of course it's my opinion...who's else would it be?
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

This was a tragic accident but my point is she shouldn't have been behind the wheel as she obviously had no idea what she was doing.

and you know this a fact based on what?? your opinion?
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

"Oxl3y"]
wanderingman wrote:try saying after your outburst "In my opinion" as others will disagree with your rant on tubing. as they say to each his own

Of course it's my opinion...who's else would it be?[/quote]

you need to actually say this is my opinion because when you make a statement such as you have without the the opinion declaration it indicates that this is a FACT when in fact its not a fact its just your personal opinion and not based on fact
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

wanderingman wrote:you need to actually say this is my opinion because when you make a statement such as you have without the the opinion declaration it indicates that this is a FACT when in fact its not a fact its just your personal opinion and not based on fact

I don't have to do squat. If you can't keep up that's your deal.

And yes without alcohol being involved there is no possible way an experienced operator would have caused this accident so it is a FACT that she should not have been behind the wheel.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

yes that's your take(opinion) of the situation and others will vary.Facts will dictate the truth of what went wrong
your of the personal OPINION nothing outside of pure stupidity caused this terrible ordeal and who knows you may be correct and then ur opinion would be fact but until we see the facts and find out what really happened your opinion is not fact at all its just your opinion. now in this case(post) this is not opinion its fact.Get it now?
Last edited by wanderingman on Jul 1st, 2014, 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Oxl3y wrote:
And yes without alcohol being involved there is no possible way an experienced operator would have caused this accident so it is a FACT that she should not have been behind the wheel.

Aaahhhh, if we could only predict all of the accidents that happen because of human error and then apply the FACT, as you so eloquently put it, that these folks should be stripped of the ability to do those things that they err in.
Luckily most of us are able to go through life being smug in the notion that our errors do not cause injury or loss of life. Some do have that happen and those things can be negligence, criminally so at times, or just plain dumb careless operation of a boat, car, snowmobile, or gun.
If you can find the FACTUAL predictor that will allow us to bar those folks from taking part in those activities then......hey, you've been watching that Tom Cruise movie from a few years back where they did that very thing, and stopped crimes by travelling back in time.
canuck500
Fledgling

Post by canuck500 »

Castanet definitely shouldn't have posted the details the person who was having the cat scan gave them.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

canuck500 wrote:Castanet definitely shouldn't have posted the details the person who was having the cat scan gave them.

That I can agree with. The kid got hit by a prop we can guess he is in serious condition.

Return to “Central Okanagan”