Best idea I've heard for Target location

xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Best idea I've heard for Target location

Post by xjeepguy »

Verminator wrote:^^This. Costco would be a better choice IMHO, but more than likely the catchment area is too small for them as well.

We need a Costco Express
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
dg3
Board Meister

Post by dg3 »

Canadian tire should move there, we need one as big as kelownas, might help traffic on 27th too.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

dg3 wrote:Canadian tire should move there, we need one as big as kelownas, might help traffic on 27th too.

Canadian tire should get real with there prices and increase the quality of their crap before doing anything
The only time there 1/2 competitive if its on sale
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

http://www.biv.com/article/2014/12/ikea ... ss-canada/

5-10 support stores across Canada ... most likely in the urban areas of Vancouver and Toronto close to the main stores. If, and that's a very big if ... IKEA decided to try one out in the OK I'd bet my bottom dollar it'll be in Kelowna. Simply for the fact that shopping there doesn't die after 5pm. Orchard Park is still busy even on weekdays, unlike the ghost town that is the Village Green. The immediate area has more of a population that would be interested in IKEA products as opposed to Vernon and as I already mentioned, its much more centrally located for the OK, Shuswap, Kamloops and the Kootney's.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Jan 21st, 2015, 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Gixxer wrote:Best idea for the target location would be to expand the mall with more smaller individual stores

I was thinking about that too ... but malls really like their anchor stores, so that would leave the Village Green with The Bay, Save On and I guess Winners. But do they really have much choice? As far as anchor stores go ... what else is left?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

xjeepguy wrote:We need a Costco Express

3 shopping carts or less? LOL! ;)
GEW
Fledgling

Post by GEW »

Most Target locations will likely become parking lots in the next few years, I think. This also goes for the still unused Zellers locations.
Retail has become extremely saturated in Canada and there really is no room for much more competition large or small.
I think most mall owners will probably reduce their footprints and focus on the tenants they have left who bring shoppers in.
Keep calm and wear your tinfoil hat.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GEW wrote:Most Target locations will likely become parking lots in the next few years, I think. This also goes for the still unused Zellers locations.
Retail has become extremely saturated in Canada and there really is no room for much more competition large or small.
I think most mall owners will probably reduce their footprints and focus on the tenants they have left who bring shoppers in.

I think there's still lots of room for competition ... but they have to compete and not just match ... which can be very difficult when going against the success of Walmart and Superstore. If they just match or bring nothing new into the market, then yeah, there isn't room for anyone else really ... which Target learned and many of us predicted it.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Fancy wrote:I can see it sitting empty for years just like the old Zellers building in West Kelowna.

LOL - we are waiting for our own IKEA here in the old Westbank Zellers location :)
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jan 22nd, 2015, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jan 22nd, 2015, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to a removed post.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jan 22nd, 2015, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to a removed post.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

*removed - use the quote feature properly*
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Okay, I will be watching to see Ikea setup shop. Please give me time frame for this, cause at best I can hold my breath for only a few minutes.

If not I will not be holding my breath on this one.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”