Tuesday, September 16th25.0°C
23373
22939

Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

B.C. topics.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby keith1612 » Nov 23rd, 2012, 9:15 am

Smurf wrote:Did you even read the information on how long it can stay in your system especially if you are a regular or heavy user. It stated that you are to some extent impaired. I never meant a person would be stoned, I meant impaired.

It could be a burden on your fellow employees and employer because you are not functioning at full capacity possibly ever if your a heavy user.


You do not have to be stoned to be impaired. Also who is talking about the ony issue being driving.

i guess there is no point to the dialog if you cant get past the only issue which seems to be driving
.

Only you are concentrating on driving as far as I can see. I was also talking about being a danger at work due to impairement. I was talking about not being able to perform your job properly because of impairement. I was talking about these things because as explained earlier I have experienced them at work and yes everyone there was worried and rightly so about what these people put in their bodies in the privacy of their own rooms.

Possibly you should get off of whatever you are on, let your head clear and read what people are saying.


i dont smoke weed.
ok please post me any information saying that if you smoke a joint at 7 pm you will still be impaired at 7 am the next day.
man you guys are reading propoganda and papers from the 50's and 60's.
there is no way you would even know a worker smoked weed unless he smoked it within 3-4 hours at work.
weed is not a long term drug that keeps you impaired for 15 hours after smoking it.
anyone who tells you such nonsense is spreading false information.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 735
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sep 1st, 2012, 5:51 pm

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby WhatThe » Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:41 am

It is past the point of absolute asininity to suggest someone is "impaired" 24 hours after pot use. If one is actually worried about that then one should be terrified about people not sleeping properly or taking antidepressants or cold medication.
I mean seriously that's just crazy
Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world in the face of poverty and starvation, and war, and cruelty. People are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves, while the grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem.
User avatar
WhatThe
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4022
Likes: 72 posts
Liked in: 106 posts
Joined: Feb 25th, 2009, 1:13 pm

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby Rwede » Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:18 am

From the medical community, NOT from a pro-pothead website.


Psychological Effects of Marijuana

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the main effects of marijuana on mood vary and may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, or paranoia. Getting high or "stoned" is the reason most pot smokers use marijuana.

Other short-term psychological effects of pot include:
Distorted sense of time
Paranoia
Magical or "random" thinking
Short-term memory loss
Anxiety and depression

These psychological signs of using pot also generally ease after a few hours. But residual effects can last for days.



http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mari ... ts-effects
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
User avatar
Rwede
Guru
 
Posts: 7813
Likes: 2777 posts
Liked in: 983 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby thinkingaboutit » Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:37 am

Rwede wrote:From the medical community, NOT from a pro-pothead website.


Psychological Effects of Marijuana

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the main effects of marijuana on mood vary and may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, or paranoia. Getting high or "stoned" is the reason most pot smokers use marijuana.

Other short-term psychological effects of pot include:
Distorted sense of time
Paranoia
Magical or "random" thinking
Short-term memory loss
Anxiety and depression

These psychological signs of using pot also generally ease after a few hours. But residual effects can last for days.



http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mari ... ts-effects




this aslo depends on the individual...as a pot smoker...I dont have any of these signs, I dont smoke much anymore, 1/8th a week but its to help my RLS (restless leg syndrome) which helps me maintain a better deeper sleep. I think it depends on who you are, (your size weight ect ect) :sunshine:
User avatar
thinkingaboutit
Fledgling
 
Posts: 147
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sep 30th, 2006, 7:53 pm

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby WhatThe » Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:39 am

Rwede wrote:From the medical community, NOT from a pro-pothead website.


Psychological Effects of Marijuana

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the main effects of marijuana on mood vary and may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, or paranoia. Getting high or "stoned" is the reason most pot smokers use marijuana.

Other short-term psychological effects of pot include:
Distorted sense of time
Paranoia
Magical or "random" thinking
Short-term memory loss
Anxiety and depression

These psychological signs of using pot also generally ease after a few hours. But residual effects can last for days.



http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mari ... ts-effects

And what's your point in posting this again? Look, it's just laughable to suggest that a person is cognitively impaired days after smoking pot where they would be a danger to anyone and to even sugggest it in that context is just stupid.
Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world in the face of poverty and starvation, and war, and cruelty. People are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves, while the grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem.
User avatar
WhatThe
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4022
Likes: 72 posts
Liked in: 106 posts
Joined: Feb 25th, 2009, 1:13 pm

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby Smurf » Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:19 pm

I guess you guys know more than the medical professionals or is it denial. keith asked for up to date proof. RW and goatboy had already posted up to date information from the medical community and workplace safety. From what I can see the medical professionals are saying that the THC stays in your system for extended periods of time and that since it is what impairs you, you are impaired to some extent for that period of time. Sounds very logical to me. I would assume that you are alcohol impaired to some extent for as long as there is alcohol in your system. The amount of impairment would depend on amount used, frequency, etc.. I knew men in camp that I believe were permanently stoned and others who were permanently drunk. More than once I asked to work with someone else in a dangerous situation.

Why do you not find us some up to date, valid information from the medical communuity that proves them wrong because I for one am not going to take your word for it. Valid proof please.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
User avatar
Smurf
Guru
 
Posts: 5448
Likes: 529 posts
Liked in: 490 posts
Joined: Aug 12th, 2006, 8:55 am
Location: Okanagan BC

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby ukcanuck » Nov 23rd, 2012, 1:32 pm

Smurf wrote:I guess you guys know more than the medical professionals or is it denial. keith asked for up to date proof. RW and goatboy had already posted up to date information from the medical community and workplace safety. From what I can see the medical professionals are saying that the THC stays in your system for extended periods of time

Any pot smoker will tell you that THC stays in your system for 30 days that's how long a stoner has to abstain in order to pass a pee test.
Don't need medical proof it's well known...



and that since it is what impairs you, you are impaired to some extent for that period of time. Sounds very logical to me. I would assume that you are alcohol impaired to some extent for as long as there is alcohol in your system.

If you get shitfaced the night before and try to drive to work on a couple hours sleep you're probably still legally impaired to operate a vehicle so yeah it makes sense that you would not be wanting to operate heavy equipment either ....

But pot smoking is not drinking and no matter how much you smoke about four hours later the effects have worn off. Also pot doesn't work like alcohol it doesn't build up or compound like booze.


The amount of impairment would depend on amount used, frequency, etc.. I knew men in camp that I believe were permanently stoned and others who were permanently drunk. More than once I asked to work with someone else in a dangerous situation.

Ill bet you were mister popular on the job site...

Why do you not find us some up to date, valid information from the medical communuity that proves them wrong because I for one am not going to take your word for it. Valid proof please.

I don't need proof from the medical community, I know all my pot smoking friends would kill for weed that kept them stoned 24/7

Better yet tell me where you can get pot like that and ill show you a gold mine.
User avatar
ukcanuck
Fledgling
 
Posts: 278
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Apr 24th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby keith1612 » Nov 23rd, 2012, 1:53 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Smurf wrote:I guess you guys know more than the medical professionals or is it denial. keith asked for up to date proof. RW and goatboy had already posted up to date information from the medical community and workplace safety. From what I can see the medical professionals are saying that the THC stays in your system for extended periods of time

Any pot smoker will tell you that THC stays in your system for 30 days that's how long a stoner has to abstain in order to pass a pee test.
Don't need medical proof it's well known...



and that since it is what impairs you, you are impaired to some extent for that period of time. Sounds very logical to me. I would assume that you are alcohol impaired to some extent for as long as there is alcohol in your system.

If you get shitfaced the night before and try to drive to work on a couple hours sleep you're probably still legally impaired to operate a vehicle so yeah it makes sense that you would not be wanting to operate heavy equipment either ....

But pot smoking is not drinking and no matter how much you smoke about four hours later the effects have worn off. Also pot doesn't work like alcohol it doesn't build up or compound like booze.


The amount of impairment would depend on amount used, frequency, etc.. I knew men in camp that I believe were permanently stoned and others who were permanently drunk. More than once I asked to work with someone else in a dangerous situation.

Ill bet you were mister popular on the job site...

Why do you not find us some up to date, valid information from the medical communuity that proves them wrong because I for one am not going to take your word for it. Valid proof please.

I don't need proof from the medical community, I know all my pot smoking friends would kill for weed that kept them stoned 24/7

Better yet tell me where you can get pot like that and ill show you a gold mine.


no kidding.
these guys that have zero clue other than what they read in 1970's ancient medical posts are so off base its funny.

instead of using out of date incorrect info lets see some more modern info.
here is one

http://www.inquisitr.com/179549/smoking ... ent-study/
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 735
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sep 1st, 2012, 5:51 pm

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby Rwede » Nov 23rd, 2012, 2:16 pm

ukcanuck wrote:I don't need proof from the medical community, I know all my pot smoking friends would kill for weed that kept them stoned 24/7

Better yet tell me where you can get pot like that and ill show you a gold mine.



So what you're telling us is that pot smokers want to be stoned 24/7. And then you're saying "Don't worry, it wears off in a few hours and they can function just fine." Do you see the irony in your statements? On the one hand, you argue that pot has no lasting effects, and on the other you tell us that your pothead friends would kill to be stoned all day, every day. There's the problem: the addiction and dependency that seriously impairs any chance of rational judgment by potheads. Wanted to be stoned 24/7 even while on the job and driving a car shows how little regard and respect potheads have for anyone else.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
User avatar
Rwede
Guru
 
Posts: 7813
Likes: 2777 posts
Liked in: 983 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby keith1612 » Nov 23rd, 2012, 2:21 pm

Rwede wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:I don't need proof from the medical community, I know all my pot smoking friends would kill for weed that kept them stoned 24/7

Better yet tell me where you can get pot like that and ill show you a gold mine.



So what you're telling us is that pot smokers want to be stoned 24/7. And then you're saying "Don't worry, it wears off in a few hours and they can function just fine." Do you see the irony in your statements? On the one hand, you argue that pot has no lasting effects, and on the other you tell us that your pothead friends would kill to be stoned all day, every day. There's the problem: the addiction and dependency that seriously impairs any chance of rational judgment by potheads. Wanted to be stoned 24/7 even while on the job and driving a car shows how little regard and respect potheads have for anyone else.


lmao great way to twist his meaning.
i suppose if you have no clue about it your better to twist it to look your way.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 735
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sep 1st, 2012, 5:51 pm

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby ukcanuck » Nov 23rd, 2012, 2:36 pm

Rwede wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:I don't need proof from the medical community, I know all my pot smoking friends would kill for weed that kept them stoned 24/7

Better yet tell me where you can get pot like that and ill show you a gold mine.



So what you're telling us is that pot smokers want to be stoned 24/7. And then you're saying "Don't worry, it wears off in a few hours and they can function just fine." Do you see the irony in your statements? On the one hand, you argue that pot has no lasting effects, and on the other you tell us that your pothead friends would kill to be stoned all day, every day. There's the problem: the addiction and dependency that seriously impairs any chance of rational judgment by potheads. Wanted to be stoned 24/7 even while on the job and driving a car shows how little regard and respect potheads have for anyone else.

I'm telling you it seems because anyone who has grown up in BC since the seventies already gets it.
When you smoke a joint your stoned, feeling a euphoric high (impairs some brain function such as the ones listed in your study.)
For about 4 hours. During which time, its debatable whether performance is enhanced (Ross rebagliatti says hi) or impaired. Either way the body works on metabolizing the THC right away and if you are a habitual user it will take your liver and kidneys about 30 days to filter out the chemicals.

This means that you are high or stoned for about 4 hours and walking around with low levels of THC for about 30 days which means all the time for the average stoner. But cognitive and motor function are virtually unaffected and after 24 hours anyone could easily perform any work related activity short of docking a space station or performing brain surgery.
User avatar
ukcanuck
Fledgling
 
Posts: 278
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Apr 24th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby Rwede » Nov 23rd, 2012, 2:58 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
This means that you are high or stoned for about 4 hours and walking around with low levels of THC for about 30 days which means all the time for the average stoner. But cognitive and motor function are virtually unaffected and after 24 hours anyone could easily perform any work related activity short of docking a space station or performing brain surgery.



Or operating a dangerous power tool in a confined space that will kick back and rip their face off if they aren't careful.

Thanks for agreeing with me on that. Mental capacity to deal with quick decision making or follow step-by-step operations in one's normal work day, be it docking a space station or assembling an aircraft wing at Flightcraft is impaired by pot long after it is smoked. There's no difference in process complexity of the two, and no way an employee should be at work on a day after burn out from a bong-fest.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
User avatar
Rwede
Guru
 
Posts: 7813
Likes: 2777 posts
Liked in: 983 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby Smurf » Nov 23rd, 2012, 3:14 pm

Keith maybe you should actually read the information you and other people post before you make too many statements. For instance your post.

The study’s authors state that too few of their participants were heavy smokers or heavy marijuana users to actually draw a direct connection, however moderate use of marijuana is the database showed that people who smoke a few joints per week reaped positive benefits.


So you are only talking about benifits for people who use a few joints a week not the many heavy users or even ones that use one a day and a few on the weekend for whatever claimed benefit (which is very common from my experience). Doesn't prove much to me.

By the way keith you article was Jan 11 2012. (the oldest article posted)
RW's CBS article was Feb 10 2012
Goatboys article dated July 23 2012 by Dr Joseph Goldberg (even mentioned the rates since the 1990's)

I fail to see the 1970's medical posts you are talking about. I'll say it again, you'd better pick up your reading/comprehension skills.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
User avatar
Smurf
Guru
 
Posts: 5448
Likes: 529 posts
Liked in: 490 posts
Joined: Aug 12th, 2006, 8:55 am
Location: Okanagan BC

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby WhatThe » Nov 23rd, 2012, 3:21 pm

Rwede wrote:

Or operating a dangerous power tool in a confined space that will kick back and rip their face off if they aren't careful.

Thanks for agreeing with me on that. Mental capacity to deal with quick decision making or follow step-by-step operations in one's normal work day, be it docking a space station or assembling an aircraft wing at Flightcraft is impaired by pot long after it is smoked. There's no difference in process complexity of the two, and no way an employee should be at work on a day after burn out from a bong-fest.

Now seriously , you understand that lack of sleep has far more serious impairing effects than having a couple drinks right?
You think an employee shouldn't work having smoked pot 25 hours ago but it's just fine that he had some beers at the bar and didn't go to bed till 2am? Is that what your suggesting?
Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world in the face of poverty and starvation, and war, and cruelty. People are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves, while the grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem.
User avatar
WhatThe
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4022
Likes: 72 posts
Liked in: 106 posts
Joined: Feb 25th, 2009, 1:13 pm

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Postby ukcanuck » Nov 23rd, 2012, 3:27 pm

Rwede wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
This means that you are high or stoned for about 4 hours and walking around with low levels of THC for about 30 days which means all the time for the average stoner. But cognitive and motor function are virtually unaffected and after 24 hours anyone could easily perform any work related activity short of docking a space station or performing brain surgery.



Or operating a dangerous power tool in a confined space that will kick back and rip their face off if they aren't careful.

Thanks for agreeing with me on that. Mental capacity to deal with quick decision making or follow step-by-step operations in one's normal work day, be it docking a space station or assembling an aircraft wing at Flightcraft is impaired by pot long after it is smoked. There's no difference in process complexity of the two, and no way an employee should be at work on a day after burn out from a bong-fest.

That is totally putting words in my mouth. It takes about two university degrees and thousands of flight hours to qualify to dock on a space station and it takes about ten years of medical school and training and another ten years of experience before you are let loose with a scalpel on someone's brain. And it takes your average highschool dropout about six weeks to learn the basics of operating most job site equipment. There is no comparison not even in your mind...
User avatar
ukcanuck
Fledgling
 
Posts: 278
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Apr 24th, 2011, 12:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to British Columbia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests