BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

BC Election issues

Post by flamingfingers »

What are some of the issues that you feel need to be addressed?

Here is one of mine:
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#189204
Chill
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Election issues

Post by maryjane48 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 18th, 2017, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

To clarify:

These are issues that all parties in BC - the Liberals, the NDP, the Greens, the Your Political Party of BC, each of the Independents and other splinter groups should make clear to the electorate when the writ is dropped.
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Finding a Party to vote for, so far none of the Leaders are really worth voting for. Issue finding Leadership worth voting for..... major lack in BC.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

GordonH wrote:Finding a Party to vote for, so far none of the Leaders are really worth voting for. Issue finding Leadership worth voting for..... major lack in BC.

That lends NOTHING to the thread. What is the issue YOU feel would attract you to vote for this party or that party or even an independent?

Poverty issues? Site C? MSP? Tax cuts? Corruption in government? Dead kids? Big money?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The economy is the big issue because everything else flows from it. A high priority of mine would be paying down the provincial debt and the reason is obvious.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Finding a Party to vote for, so far none of the Leaders are really worth voting for. Issue finding Leadership worth voting for..... major lack in BC.

flamingfingers wrote:That lends NOTHING to the thread. What is the issue YOU feel would attract you to vote for this party or that party or even an independent?

Poverty issues? Site C? MSP? Tax cuts? Corruption in government? Dead kids? Big money?

Since there is no one to vote for in BC, is the issue
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

GordonH wrote:

So you are perfectly happy with the status quo, then. If that is so, why did you even post?
Chill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:

flamingfingers wrote:So you are perfectly happy with the status quo, then. If that is so, why did you even post?

No one includes the current Government, hence no one
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^So then, please don't post here again if you have no interest in any issues that should be spoken about during the upcoming election, thanks.
Chill
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

flaming fingers wrote:^^So then, please don't post here again if you have no interest in any issues that should be spoken about during the upcoming election, thanks.

You got it, good luck finding a political Leader in BC... all 3 political Parties that have run this Province have BS the voters.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Islamic terrorism is an issue.

None of the parties have addressed it so far.

Appalling.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:What are some of the issues that you feel need to be addressed?

I mentioned paying down debt earlier but here's another issue, perhaps the most important issue of all:

Our surgical wait-times are unacceptable and we need to look at the top-heavy nature of our healthcare system. Let's direct the money, as much as possible, directly to patient care and not to administration. We're talking here about people suffering or not suffering or in some cases life or death. It's time to stop beating our chests because we don't have the US system since we are being seriously outperformed by many other countries in the world. I realize that the Canada Health Act restricts what we can do but the provincial government needs to do all it can to cut back on any unnecessary administrative costs and direct the money to patient care.
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

The major issues I believe are healthcare, education and the economy. Its also sad how BC has become the most expensive province in the country to live and raise a family. We also need a government that will actually support resource development pipelines and would do what is best for the people of this province not cater to donors and special interests. It shocking how corrupt the BC liberals have become and what they get away with. I agree there is really no one worth voting for but I definately do not want 4 more years of the Liberals no matter how bad the NDP seem.... I have absolutely zero respect for Clark.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Track record of honestly and transparency within the past decade.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”