Next BC Liberal leader

Who would make the best BC Liberal leader?

Mike Bernier
No votes
Mike de Jong
13%
Kevin Falcon
3%
Jas Johal
3%
Mary Polak
No votes
Todd Stone
13%
Sam Sullivan
3%
Dianne Watts
36%
Andrew Wilkinson
3%
OTHER
28%

Total votes : 39

Re: Next BC Liberal leader

Postby maryjane48 » Sep 12th, 2017, 6:48 pm

OFF TOPIC clark should possably leave canada before she finds herself behind bars for corruption . :130:
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 12th, 2017, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2336 posts

Postby LordEd » Sep 12th, 2017, 7:31 pm

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 13th, 2017, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1550 posts

Postby Old Techie » Sep 12th, 2017, 8:05 pm

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 13th, 2017, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Just because some people are fueled by drama doesn't mean you have to attend the performance."

3 people like this post.
Old Techie
Übergod

Liked in: 1935 posts

Postby Carrs Landing Viking » Sep 12th, 2017, 8:08 pm

Old Techie wrote:Some should by the same metric consider leaving the internet, before finding themselves behind bars for libel. :biggrin:

Yes we can only hope. [icon_lol2.gif]

2 people like this post.
Carrs Landing Viking
Board Meister

Liked in: 403 posts

Postby mikest2 » Sep 12th, 2017, 8:14 pm

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 13th, 2017, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

3 people like this post.
mikest2
Board Meister

Liked in: 589 posts

Postby rustled » Sep 12th, 2017, 11:58 pm

rustled wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:I don't have to substantiate those allegations because they've been well-documented in various news outlets over time. If you don't read, listen to, or watch the news, and don't bother to read other online publications, you might be a BC Liberal supporter.

And MJ's right, there are still ongoing investigations, so tune in to follow those as well.

I'd be happy to read them. Are you able to provide a link? So far my google searches have turned up a lot of unrelated stuff. Thanks in advance.

I've spent a bit more time looking for any evidence of these "well-documented" allegations you and mj have made against Coleman, and I've yet to find anything. Perhaps I'm not using the right search terms. As I recall you don't "do" links, but surely you could give us a few search terms to use? If you'd be so kind as to provide some of this information, I'd appreciate it. I think it's important we're all more aware of this, as the party works toward finding a new leader.
rustled
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4037 posts

Postby rustled » Sep 13th, 2017, 6:02 pm

Cactusflower wrote:*removed* The BC Liberal retirement 'packages' will never be found in a FOI search, because they were fraudulently hidden by those who stole from us. Christy, Rich, Mike et al missed their true calling. They're much better magicians than politicians.The next BC Liberal leader's resume must include that sleight-of-hand ability necessary for all BC Liberal MLAs..

Still hoping you'll be able to show us where to find where these allegations have been well-documented, Cactusflower. No links required, just the correct terms to use in a google search will suffice. Yes, I know, this shows I'm not very good at research, so I'm glad you're here to help. Thanks again in advance.
rustled
Lord of the Board

Postby Cactusflower » Sep 13th, 2017, 6:31 pm

Okay,I started out by googling 'Rich Coleman's brother'. From there you will find a lot of reading material. Come back and tell me what you discovered.
Cactusflower
Fledgling

Liked in: 111 posts

Postby rustled » Sep 13th, 2017, 6:41 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Okay,I started out by googling 'Rich Coleman's brother'. From there you will find a lot of reading material. Come back and tell me what you discovered.

Thanks, yes, lots of reading but so far nothing about what you have alleged. Even adding "overseas" and "fraud" gives me nothing.

Can you give me a little more to go on?
rustled
Lord of the Board

Postby flamingfingers » Sep 13th, 2017, 6:54 pm

rustled -

Google can be 'scrubbed' and items deleted. If you haven't been keeping up with various sources as they appear at the time, you probably will not find much. Rich Coleman and Housing could perhaps lead you to some information, or looking at Bob Mackin's theBreaker could probably help.....
Darryl Plecas: "it was the right thing to do."
Yes, yes it was.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5447 posts

Postby Walking Wounded » Sep 13th, 2017, 6:57 pm

rustled wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Okay,I started out by googling 'Rich Coleman's brother'. From there you will find a lot of reading material. Come back and tell me what you discovered.

Thanks, yes, lots of reading but so far nothing about what you have alleged. Even adding "overseas" and "fraud" gives me nothing.

Can you give me a little more to go on?

Of course they can't give you links, there are no links to a delusional mind.

Old Techie likes this post.
Walking Wounded
Board Meister

Liked in: 580 posts

Postby Urbane » Sep 13th, 2017, 7:10 pm

It never ceases to amaze me what posters can get away with on forums such as this one. Fabricating stories about criminal activity and directly accusing politicians (of the party they detest) of stealing, without any proof offered, is reprehensible. When confronted with a lack of proof the fabricators make up more tall tales (e.g. Google can be scrubbed) and on it goes.

Those who engage in libel, as we're seeing on here this evening, aren't helping themselves and they aren't helping the democratic process. The topic of this thread is "Next BC Liberal leader" and beyond the question of who that person might be is the question of WHY. When you can be libelled on forums like this one why would anyone want to lead the BC Liberal Party? I wouldn't wish the job on my worst enemy.

2 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7192 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Sep 13th, 2017, 7:13 pm

I'm not sure why we are discussing Rich Coleman... he certainly will not be the next BC Liberal leader. They need months to sort themselves out and decide who in the heck they are! Are they Liberal (snort), are they Conservative (snort) are they still the leftovers from the Socred failures? At this point in time they are simply a collection of mongrels.

It's time for the BC Liberals to break themselves apart and see what comes together afterwards.
Last edited by flamingfingers on Sep 13th, 2017, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, yes it was.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Postby rustled » Sep 13th, 2017, 7:14 pm

flamingfingers wrote:rustled -

Google can be 'scrubbed' and items deleted. If you haven't been keeping up with various sources as they appear at the time, you probably will not find much. Rich Coleman and Housing could perhaps lead you to some information, or looking at Bob Mackin's theBreaker could probably help.....

These are very serious allegations Cactusflower has made. He/she said they had been well-documented in various news outlets over time, and he/she confirmed mj's allegation that there were ongoing investigations into these allegations.

Are you now saying the only documentation about these very serious allegations that is still available would be in theBreaker?

As I said before, it seems to me there's enough actual wrongdoing from politicians of all stripes, there's no reason to go out on a fantastical limb as they seem to have done here.

Regardless of who expresses an interest in the leadership, I expect there will be people ready with fistfuls of mud to sling. Such are the times we live in.

Edited to correct a very serious mistake I made (clearly not paying enough attention), with my sincerest apologies to flamingfingers.
Last edited by rustled on Sep 13th, 2017, 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

2 people like this post.
rustled
Lord of the Board

Postby flamingfingers » Sep 13th, 2017, 7:21 pm

These are very serious allegations you've made. You said they had been well-documented in various news outlets over time, and you confirmed mj's allegation that there were ongoing investigations into these allegations.

Are you now saying the only documentation about these very serious allegations that is still available would be in theBreaker?

As I said before, it seems to me there's enough actual wrongdoing from politicians of all stripes, there's no reason to go out on a limb as you seem to have done here.

Regardless of who expresses an interest in the leadership, I expect there will be people ready with fistfuls of mud to sling. Such are the times we live in.

I said no such thing. You are trying to put words in my mouth. There are ALLEGATIONS he acted improperly in some housing issues that were within his portfolio but I NEVER said and NEVER agreed that there was an 'investigation' into these allegations. Pull your horns in, OK?
Yes, yes it was.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.