Therapy dog shot by moron

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Therapy dog shot by moron

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:most the reports i see on this state the dog was shot in a psrking lot . theres no hunting allowed in parking lots for many reasons so just by that points to a imbecile with a gun or a mentaly unstable fool who wanted to shoot a dog

Yet no link. Parking lot?
he group, Calderoni said, was just heading out of the forest line on Crown land
(earlier link)

Popjes says it's unclear what charges will be laid, if any, but is cautioning other hunters.

"Take your time, slow down, take a breath and make sure you know exactly what you are shooting at is a safe and legal animal," he said. "As a hunter, it's your responsibility to completely identify the target before you pull the trigger."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4297487
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

law is clear . yes the lady who lost the dog said it was a parking lot .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

"Always be very visible when you walk in the forest, knowing it's hunting season," Gravel told CTV Vancouver.
"It's also important for hunters to be 100 per cent sure of their target before they shoot an animal."

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/therapy-dog-mistak ... -1.3596900

No mention of parking lot from Global, CBC, CTV or any other reliable news source.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

He added that, ideally, dog owners should put something bright on their pet so they are easily identified.

Calderoni took down the hunter’s name, hunting licence and contact information.

The Squamish hunter did not immediately return a call from The Chief.

Canine Valley staff exercise the dogs often and without incident in the same area, Calderoni said.

The group was just coming out of the forest line on Crown land when the incident occurred, she said.

http://www.vancourier.com/news/hunter-a ... 1.22842786

The dog was not shot in a parking lot.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:law is clear . yes the lady who lost the dog said it was a parking lot .
Unless you have a link I'll take the lady's word for it on the facebook page that stated she was going up a bank onto an old forestry road. Why you insist a forestry road is a parking lot is beyond me.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Bsuds wrote:Unfortunately it's the dog who paid the ultimate price for his owners mistake and the hunters stupidity!

This pretty much sums it up.

There's 2 sides to every story and this one seems like both the owner and hunter made a mistake which the dog ultimately paid the price for.
bidwell2
Fledgling

Post by bidwell2 »

Don't know how many people posting here are hunters are have hunted before, but this fellow was probably taking 'sound shots', a well known practice back east among the city folk who would go hunting up north for the weekend. Hear something running through the bush, it's an animal of some sort,so take a shot and hopefully it's a deer. Either that or the guy has a hate on for wolves. He's a fool either way, should be a lifetime hunting license suspension. Oh yeah, there's no mistaking a husky and a deer, that's a bs excuse. Tired of fools tripping around in the bush, stay in your condo.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

bidwell2 wrote:Don't know how many people posting here are hunters are have hunted before, but this fellow was probably taking 'sound shots', a well known practice back east among the city folk who would go hunting up north for the weekend. Hear something running through the bush, it's an animal of some sort,so take a shot and hopefully it's a deer. Either that or the guy has a hate on for wolves. He's a fool either way, should be a lifetime hunting license suspension. Oh yeah, there's no mistaking a husky and a deer, that's a bs excuse. Tired of fools tripping around in the bush, stay in your condo.

This is just a load of baloney. Why post sensationalist garbage like this to try and make a point?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

maryjane48 wrote:law is clear . yes the lady who lost the dog said it was a parking lot .

Receipts please.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Fancy wrote:
Unless you have a link I'll take the lady's word for it on the facebook page that stated she was going up a bank onto an old forestry road. Why you insist a forestry road is a parking lot is beyond me.

Because fabricating things to make people agree with you is easier than telling the truth for some people. We see it time and time again with this poster.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the lady whose dog was shot said it was a parking lot . theres zero reason to believe anyone else . and if its hunting season or not there is no law that says non hunters have to go to extra lengths to protect themselves or pets. its all on the hunters . the dog owner is not at any type of fault . unless she threw her dog in front of a bullet . . other than than its the person deciding to pull a trigger .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I have gone on a few pack walks with Valley Calderoni of Canine Valley and her team mate Markie. They are both phenomenal dog trainers. I am deeply saddened by this tragic news of the senseless tragic loss of Kaoru. Right now Valley has a petition that I have signed asking that hunting is banned in areas close to the highway in the Sea to Sky corridor. There should be no hunting in the whole area of Sea to Sky (whole world in my personal opinion). ( and in case a hunter reads this, no I don;t eat meat ). Canine Valley is raising funds at gofundme to help support a trail in Kaoru's memory, the protection of wolves, and fund the training of a new therapy dog. My heart goes out to Valley and Markie and to all of the Canine Valley team, and all those who loved Kaoru. Not permitted

they were just getting off the trail to head to cars. it was inches from the edge the parking lot and kids were around plus the dog was shot from 10 feet away . sounds like a nutcase with a gun to me
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 20th, 2017, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Buckeye19 wrote:Because fabricating things to make people agree with you is easier than telling the truth for some people. We see it time and time again with this poster.

True - the link was posted where the owner stated where she was (heading onto the forestry road) and the media made it clear where she was. I don't believe for a second the hunter was shooting in a parking lot - that's just bizarre to even post that.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

maryjane48 wrote:I have gone on a few pack walks with Valley Calderoni of Canine Valley and her team mate Markie. They are both phenomenal dog trainers. I am deeply saddened by this tragic news of the senseless tragic loss of Kaoru. Right now Valley has a petition that I have signed asking that hunting is banned in areas close to the highway in the Sea to Sky corridor. There should be no hunting in the whole area of Sea to Sky (whole world in my personal opinion). ( and in case a hunter reads this, no I don;t eat meat ). Canine Valley is raising funds at gofundme to help support a trail in Kaoru's memory, the protection of wolves, and fund the training of a new therapy dog. My heart goes out to Valley and Markie and to all of the Canine Valley team, and all those who loved Kaoru. Not permitted

they were just getting off the trail to head to cars. it was inches from the edge the parking lot and kids were around plus the dog was shot from 10 feet away . sounds like a nutcase with a gun to me

Sounds like complete bs to me. If the dog was on a leash, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Both the owner and the hunter made a mistake which ended up with the dog paying the price.
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 20th, 2017, 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: remove off topic quote
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:the lady whose dog was shot said it was a parking lot . theres zero reason to believe anyone else . and if its hunting season or not there is no law that says non hunters have to go to extra lengths to protect themselves or pets. its all on the hunters . the dog owner is not at any type of fault . unless she threw her dog in front of a bullet . . other than than its the person deciding to pull a trigger .

lol - the lady said on the Facebook page where she was and I posted what she said. Of course there's no law to protect yourself or pets but there's a lot of people that do just that so these types of accidents don't happen. And why I mentioned vests. Lots of pet stores and hunting stores sell them to protect the dogs from accidental shootings. Reflective orange vests are quite visible.

Return to “B.C.”