All First Nation reserves in support of Kinder Morgan

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: All First Nation reserves in support of Kinder Morgan

Post by hobbyguy »

CF - you pay too much attention to what politicians say, and not enough to what they actually do, which reveals much more of what their motivations really are.

The NDP have actually done precisely zero of significance to advance long term protection of the environment with two exceptions:

- Rachel Notley is shutting down coal fired electricity generation
- The Manitoba NDP started construction of the Keeyask hydroelectric project

Alberta needs the TMX pipeline to pay for things like transitioning their electricity supply to renewable sources like site C (and the feds want help by building interlink transmission). The ignorant BC NDP want to stop the Alberta NDP in their tracks - and for no good reason - by eliminating Alberta's ability to pay for the transition, and it looks like destroying the ability to supply the renewable peak demand electricity Alberta will need - forcing Alberta to rely of fossil fuels instead.

The BC NDP are sabotaging Canada's attempts to protect the environment. Small thinking, myopic and cynical virtue signaling by the BC NDP is just designed for their personal benefit, and is entirely counterproductive to the goals of conservationism and protecting what is important in the environment.

You are being disingenuous about the efforts by the BC Liberals in creating the Great Bear Rain Forest. It took years of concerted effort to sort out many of the conflicting issues. That's the real world.

The entire NDP "Dumbledor's wand" of you just wave a wand and make something appear without thinking it through, doing the work, is simply nonsense and a guarantee of failure. It isn't LEAPing of a cliff that kills you, it is the hard landing at the bottom where the real world rushes up to meet you.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

hobbyguy wrote:CF - you pay too much attention to what politicians say, and not enough to what they actually do, which reveals much more of what their motivations really are.

The NDP have actually done precisely zero of significance to advance long term protection of the environment with two exceptions:

- Rachel Notley is shutting down coal fired electricity generation
- The Manitoba NDP started construction of the Keeyask hydroelectric project

Alberta needs the TMX pipeline to pay for things like transitioning their electricity supply to renewable sources like site C (and the feds want help by building interlink transmission). The ignorant BC NDP want to stop the Alberta NDP in their tracks - and for no good reason - by eliminating Alberta's ability to pay for the transition, and it looks like destroying the ability to supply the renewable peak demand electricity Alberta will need - forcing Alberta to rely of fossil fuels instead.

The BC NDP are sabotaging Canada's attempts to protect the environment. Small thinking, myopic and cynical virtue signaling by the BC NDP is just designed for their personal benefit, and is entirely counterproductive to the goals of conservationism and protecting what is important in the environment.

You are being disingenuous about the efforts by the BC Liberals in creating the Great Bear Rain Forest. It took years of concerted effort to sort out many of the conflicting issues. That's the real world.

The entire NDP "Dumbledor's wand" of you just wave a wand and make something appear without thinking it through, doing the work, is simply nonsense and a guarantee of failure. It isn't LEAPing of a cliff that kills you, it is the hard landing at the bottom where the real world rushes up to meet you.

Your whole lengthy comment could have been condensed into just one sentence: 'I and my cheerleaders would like to see the NDP defeated over Horgan's decision on the Site C dam.'
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:Your whole lengthy comment could have been condensed into just one sentence: 'I and my cheerleaders would like to see the NDP defeated over Horgan's decision on the Site C dam.'

Or even better:

The people of BC would like to see the NDP defeated.

End. Period. Done.

Oh wait, they were defeated.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:
Your whole lengthy comment could have been condensed into just one sentence: 'I and my cheerleaders would like to see the NDP defeated over Horgan's decision on the Site C dam.'

Has Horgan' made a decision yet? The only decisions hes has made to date is to hire and pay for "study groups" to make his decisions appear to have some credible information to make his decisions have some sort sense. The studies thus far, have not produced anything that might come close to his wishes to strike down what the Liberals had already made a decision on.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Just one more link and then :topic: , I promise:
http://mailchi.mp/da349b26a42c/premier- ... f5c22db691
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:Just one more link and then :topic: , I promise:

Let's look at the source from which you link.
The PVLA consists of landowners who are impacted by the proposed Site C dam. Our 70+ members reflect a cross section of Peace River Country residents, from farmers and ranchers

70 people?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

alanjh595 wrote:Has Horgan made a decision yet? The only decisions hes has made to date is to hire and pay for "study groups" to make his decisions appear to have some credible information to make his decisions have some sort sense.

10/10
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

alanjh595 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Just one more link and then :topic: , I promise:

Let's look at the source from which you link.
The PVLA consists of landowners who are impacted by the proposed Site C dam. Our 70+ members reflect a cross section of Peace River Country residents, from farmers and ranchers

70 people?

If you and your family were several of those seventy people, you might not be so indifferent. What's your point anyway?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:Your whole lengthy comment could have been condensed into just one sentence: 'I and my cheerleaders would like to see the NDP defeated over Horgan's decision on the Site C dam.'
Translation: Okay HG. You got me there. Good points.

LOL. You couldn't refute even one of his points because he was right on all of them.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
Translation: Okay HG. You got me there. Good points.

LOL. You couldn't refute even one of his points because he was right on all of them.

Point #1. I paid attention to what the BC Liberal politicians did for 16 years, and therefore know exactly what their motivations were. A good example can be found on another thread on this BC forum: "Christy and the Hong Kong Developers".

Point #2. The BC NDP have been in power for just a few months, and they've been much too busy trying to right the wrongs of 16 years of bad government to get much environmental protection done, save trying to prevent a bitumen spill from making BC's coast unlivable for humans and wildlife.

Point #3. Alberta needs the KM expansion like they need a UCP government. Notley needs to concentrate on the KeystoneXL. It's the only export pipeline that doesn't impact the rest of Canada. AB and SK are accustomed to having diluted bitumen ruin their rivers. The rest of us actually want to protect our environment, not destroy it.

Point #4. See points 2 and 3.

Points #5 and #6. Simply the same old HG bafflegab.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Your point 3 "rebuttal" is very weak. It's okay to send oil in a pipeline to the US but not okay to do so in Canada?? Just more fear-mongering. Your other points just translate to "I hate the BC Liberals no matter what they do and I love the BC NDP no matter what they do."
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:^^ Your point 3 "rebuttal" is very weak. It's okay to send oil in a pipeline to the US but not okay to do so in Canada?? Just more fear-mongering. Your other points just translate to "I hate the BC Liberals no matter what they do and I love the BC NDP no matter what they do."

The words "hate" and "love" are much too strong to waste on political parties. As for my rebuttal of #3, I'm merely pointing out that although I don't agree with ramping up 'oil' sands production, I realize it's going to happen anyway. The least I can do is support the people who are trying to stop the product from entering B.C.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ so you hate the people of Alberta and Saskatchewan and the rest of Canada that will benefit and at virtually zero risk to BC? Not to mention the FNs that will benefit economically and not to mention the construction workers who will have good jobs and not to mention the refinery workers in Burnaby who will get to keep their jobs and not to mention the additional tax revenues to pay for social programs and not to mention the additional Coast Guard employees and contractors who will have good jobs^

Good grief. All of that to support an idiotic anti-science position taken by the cynical vote pandering NDP phony usurpers?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:
Urbane wrote:^^ Your point 3 "rebuttal" is very weak. It's okay to send oil in a pipeline to the US but not okay to do so in Canada?? Just more fear-mongering. Your other points just translate to "I hate the BC Liberals no matter what they do and I love the BC NDP no matter what they do."

The words "hate" and "love" are much too strong to waste on political parties. As for my rebuttal of #3, I'm merely pointing out that although I don't agree with ramping up 'oil' sands production, I realize it's going to happen anyway. The least I can do is support the people who are trying to stop the product from entering B.C.

Yeah your selective environmental concern manifests itself yet again.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

hobbyguy wrote:^^ so you hate the people of Alberta and Saskatchewan and the rest of Canada that will benefit and at virtually zero risk to BC? Not to mention the FNs that will benefit economically and not to mention the construction workers who will have good jobs and not to mention the refinery workers in Burnaby who will get to keep their jobs and not to mention the additional tax revenues to pay for social programs and not to mention the additional Coast Guard employees and contractors who will have good jobs^

Good grief. All of that to support an idiotic anti-science position taken by the cynical vote pandering NDP phony usurpers?

Boggles the mind doesn't it.

Can't expect much more from cerebrally challenged NDP puppets.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “B.C.”