Pipeline protesters back

Cactusflower
Banned

Pipeline protesters back

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/216533 ... sters-back

Since the last pipeline discussion was moved to the bickering room, I thought we could start another discussion.......sans the bickering, of course.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Pipeline protesters back

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Opponents of the company's controversial TransMountain pipeline expansion again stopped construction crews from getting to work.

About a dozen people waved a large banner and blocked work vehicles at the gates of the Westridge Marine Terminal.

"We will do this as long as we need to. We expect that his project will get shut down one way or another," said protester David Mivasair.

"about a dozen" probably means more like 7 or 8 in media speak. So eight unemployed losers prevented these crews from doing their jobs and feeding their families. Great work dumb dumbs!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I was wondering if anyone knew when JT's town hall meeting in Burnaby was scheduled. It might be fun to attend that one.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew when JT's town hall meeting in Burnaby was scheduled. It might be fun to attend that one.

Actually it might be one of the few times I would be cheering on JT, especially if he was surrounded by unemployed eco-lunatic losers.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew when JT's town hall meeting in Burnaby was scheduled. It might be fun to attend that one.

Are YOU going to be there, personally?
Bring back the LIKE button.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

The Green Barbarian wrote:So eight unemployed losers prevented these crews from doing their jobs and feeding their families. Great work dumb dumbs!!

I don't know about that, looks like a professionally printed vinyl protest banner. Probably runs at the very least a few hundred dollars, probably closer to a grand because its huge. Either someones putting their savings into a tiny protest or they're professionals.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

MrBrocksEgo wrote: I don't know about that, looks like a professionally printed vinyl protest banner.

:135: Vinyl. Hmmm. Isn't that made out of ... oh, wait, never mind.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I can see the headlines now.

"How you can take $1000 and with the help of 7 friends, you too can become an internet star."

Click on the link below to see how our proven methods and how they have worked for others, it will just cost you 4 easy payments of $12.95 for a lifetime access to our website and full access to our money making plan.

You can easily double your investment if the police break into your trailer and wreck your personal belongings.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

MrBrocksEgo wrote:
I don't know about that, looks like a professionally printed vinyl protest banner. Probably runs at the very least a few hundred dollars, probably closer to a grand because its huge. Either someones putting their savings into a tiny protest or they're professionals.

Probably paid for with a credit card with the name "Tides Foundation" or "George Soros" on it.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
MrBrocksEgo wrote:

Probably paid for with a credit card with the name "Tides Foundation" or "George Soros" on it.

AND, what is that credit card made of?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Remember the good old days when the unemployed losers only protested war and communism? Reagan, what have you done?
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

LOSERS............you would think a lot of them would be heading to Ontario to take advantage of the increase in minimum wage. If they start walking now they could be there for this fall. I would tell them to fly, take a bus or other modes of transportation but that would be against their morals. I would even stand along the road they are taking through Kelowna with a placard wishing them well and..........."HYPOCRITES.......WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO LEAVE?".
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I would pay for 4 bus tickets, 1 way of course.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

So because ten people believe something is wrong, they can go out and illegally stop others from being productive? Honestly, what has society become this day and age? They disagree with a pipeline expansion, but the alternative is increased trucking and rail, both of which increases the use of petroleum products.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jhunter199 wrote:So because ten people believe something is wrong, they can go out and illegally stop others from being productive? Honestly, what has society become this day and age? They disagree with a pipeline expansion, but the alternative is increased trucking and rail, both of which increases the use of petroleum products.

Yeah, I know, right? I agree with you wholeheartedly. They are just another bunch of enviro-wackos, but at least they are better than the ones that sit and post on anonymous forum boards alone. Both are equally useless.

Return to “B.C.”