Horgan approval rating

Snman
Übergod

Re: Horgan approval rating

Post by Snman »

Is Premiership even a word? If it is, I don't like it.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Snman wrote:Is Premiership even a word? If it is, I don't like it.

If it is, in this application it should be replaced by "Titanic", as that's the only ship Horgan is qualified to Captain.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Urbane wrote:The BC NDP have an okay record when it comes to polls. Elections? Not so much. The last time the NDP won an election was in 1996 and even in that year they lost the popular vote. NDP supporters on here can cheer Horgan's current standing while acknowledging that part of his 52% approval rating is due to his decision to go ahead with the Site C dam. Now there's a large dose of irony for some NDP'ers on here to take in.

What also must be considered is that this poll took place before the reveal of speculation tax. Weaver's three seat members have received an earful.
And I can't help but wonder how many BCTF members own cabins at Big White or the Gulf Islands lol. Ya know, those under paid civil servants that get Xmas, Spring Break, and July and Aug off.
And every other part of the Province not targeted by this ludicrous veil of increasing rental accomodations is wondering......are we next??
This is just another example of f'ing brain dead NDP policy that ruined the Province the last time they could carry a legislative vote.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

George+ wrote:And the latest poll says NDP doing just fine...

https://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/horga ... -liberals/

Begin the gnashing of teeth!

Do you read what you post? The poll shows NDP support down 10 points from the election, and was taken before the impacts of the thrash around budget had been analyzed. See the Les Leyne column I posted above.

Plus, and this TROUBLE for the BC NDP/LEAP - the Green support is UP since the election as they strip mine support away from the silly dippers.

That's the best part of this mess, the BC NDP are in big trouble, Andrew Weaver is eating their lunch!

ETA The funniest thing in that poll you posted is the statement that "the NDP have a lead over the Liberals in the interior" - dream on! Yessirree the NDP won West Kelowna - NOT, not even close.
Last edited by hobbyguy on Mar 22nd, 2018, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

twobits wrote:This is just another example of f'ing brain dead NDP policy that ruined the Province the last time they could carry a legislative vote.

The light at the end of the tunnel, might turn out to be this trend of repeated 1990's mistakes, in the sense that maybe they'll accommodate us, with another 77-2 thrashing at the polls. That's one repeat I can wrap my head around.
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

I'm on the fence he is certainly an improvement over that dishonest thieving Crook we had before.......So the Bar was set pretty low With Crusty Clark...... and I really don't agree with the NDP's position on Kinder Morgan and the carbon tax, and some of their MLA's need a reality check like Heyman and yes GB Looney Lana.........but I do give him credit for addressing the housing crisis, the mess that the Liberals left with ICBC, approving site C, supporting public education and actually taking action and supporting LNG development. I was really turned off by Andrew Weaver's reaction to the decision... does he not realize that this will create jobs and LNG is clean energy and will help China get off coal?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

jayro wrote:I'm on the fence he is certainly an improvement over that dishonest thieving Crook we had before.......So the Bar was set pretty low With Crusty Clark...... and I really don't agree with the NDP's position on Kinder Morgan and the carbon tax, and some of their MLA's need a reality check like Heyman and yes GB Looney Lana.........but I do give him credit for addressing the housing crisis, the mess that the Liberals left with ICBC, approving site C, supporting public education and actually taking action and supporting LNG development. I was really turned off by Andrew Weaver's reaction to the decision... does he not realize that this will create jobs and LNG is clean energy and will help China get off coal?

Well so far he hasn't addressed the housing crisis, because as we're told that's still inconclusive as they monitor fallout, of an ill thought out plan.
ICBC rates were going to go up regardless, so not much point in crediting Horgan with that.
Site C was a Liberal project so in fairness I suppose you could say he reapproved it, as if that was necessary, and that only because he gauged the repercussions of scrapping it would be far worse.
Education was already doing well, and LNG was a Liberal thing, that actually most NDP fans kept bad mouthing, yet all of a sudden you and others are crediting him for it? Puzzling that.

It's as if some are desperate to give him credit for something, but I guess that's a little understandable, since so far most of what's happened, has been Liberal stuff implemented by the NDP.

What they have dreamed up on their own has been disastrous so far, as in this foreign buyers tax, PR, and funding the bankrupt NDP party out of our tax dollars, and let's not forget fighting Kinder Morgan, oh and making us pay for his legal defense after shooting his mouth off. Great stuff, NOT!

With labor negotiations looming on the horizon, there's going to be much more of a gong show in our future, especially since the BCTF feel they need a 15K raise for each member. All this as they implement ideas that are sure to head us toward recession.
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

Fair enough Site C was a Liberal thing and he just re approved it.

LNG was also a liberal thing but they took for ever and at least Horgan's trade mission was not simply another photo op he put together a solid business case and actually provided incentives for them to locate here I was impressed with that and Weaver is an idiot fighting him on that.

ICBC is a mess and we are all paying higher rates because of it. Would the NDP have done the same thing yes probably after all they brought it in but the fact of the matter is that is was the liberals that messed it up and did nothing to fix it.

As for education ok it was doing all right but you can't argue that what the Liberals did was unconstitutional it was proven in the court and the way they handled the last strike was abolutely obnoxious especially when they decided to pay parents each day the strike went on.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ actually what the Liberals did regarding the BCTF fiasco that the BC NDP lunatics created was the right thing, but done impatiently and incorrectly.

What we need is a government with the guts to lock the BCTF out until that horrible back room deal by Dix and Horgan gets squashed out of the contract. It is completely unconscionable and unacceptable to have the rabble rouser unelected BCTF union bunch in control of OUR education system.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

What we need is a government that supports public education and bargins in good faith with public sector unions. We also need a government that is more supportive of LNG and Kinder Morgan, respects our tax dollars and makes life more affordable something that all three parties have failed at especially the Liberals and Greens so I'd say the NDP are the lesser of the three evils and why Horgan is at a 52% approval rating but time will tell. They have potential I didn't mind Mike Harcourt and if the NDP had more people like Mike Farnsworth they would they do better I don't understand why they got rid of Carol James as leader as she brought the party back from nearly zero.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

people are actually surprised? horgan is the bomb!
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

burnedatstake wrote:people are actually surprised? horgan is the bomb!

atomic nagasaki.jpg

He sure is.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

The fact that 52% rates the best approval rating among premiers says to me that either Canadians in general are fairly evenly polarized in their political views, or that we have learned to settle for mediocre in our choice of leaders. Or maybe a bit of both.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

jayro wrote:What we need is a government that supports public education and bargins in good faith with public sector unions. We also need a government that is more supportive of LNG and Kinder Morgan, respects our tax dollars and makes life more affordable something that all three parties have failed at especially the Liberals and Greens so I'd say the NDP are the lesser of the three evils and why Horgan is at a 52% approval rating but time will tell. They have potential I didn't mind Mike Harcourt and if the NDP had more people like Mike Farnsworth they would they do better I don't understand why they got rid of Carol James as leader as she brought the party back from nearly zero.

The pattern with the BC NDP is that every time the party gets moved toward a reasonable position, the radicals and anarchists with the party can't stand it, and they destroy anything positive the leader at the time does. Happened to Dave Barrett. Happened to Mike Harcourt. Happened to Carole James. It is happening to John Horgan as the like of the green anarchist George Heyman act out.

Bargaining in good faith is a two way street. No government of any stripe has been able to reach a fair bargained contract with the BCTF (the owelympoics giveaway doesn't count) - not the NDP, not the Socreds, not the Liberals. Yet all have been able to bargain with CUPE, BCGEU etc.

The problem is NOT with those governments not bargaining in good faith, it is with the BCTF being dominated by a destructive clique that never has, and never will bargain in good faith. The BCTF have started this go round off in bad faith already. Unions that bargain in good faith are measured in what they do, and don't bargain in public. The first move by the BCTF is to run to the press and start "trying to bargain" in public by making it a political football again. The BCTF is not a union per se, it is a gang of political rejects that like to play games. If their members get locked out, they still get paid, and they don't seem to care. The BCTF always claim it is about the children, but it isn't, it is about them rabble rousing - and trying to hold the children as hostages to get ransom.

It doesn't help that Horgan doesn't have enough sense to realize that him going to speak at the BCTF AGM is a conflict of interest, and really dumb thing to do in terms of contract negotiation. No private sector executive/manager would be dumb enough to that, and if they did, they would likely get fired.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

hobbyguy wrote:It doesn't help that Horgan doesn't have enough sense to realize that him going to speak at the BCTF AGM is a conflict of interest, and really dumb thing to do in terms of contract negotiation. No private sector executive/manager would be dumb enough to that, and if they did, they would likely get fired.

I am actually shocked that the press has been as muted as it has been on this faux pas. Horgan's attendance at a Union Annual General Meeting of the BCTF IMO goes beyond conflict of interest. It smacks of collusion.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “B.C.”