Missing boy in Tofino

medivixen

Missing boy in Tofino

Post by medivixen »

This is a link to the news story. What is your opinion?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080217/national/boy_lost
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i don't know. his parents must be going through h.e. double though. :( i have to wonder if someone didn't grab him.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
medivixen

Post by medivixen »

there are so many possiblities on what could have happened. Everyone outcome doesnt come out favorably. If he did get swept off the beach by a wave he is gone, if he wondered into the forest its now night 3 and below 0, and foul play could be a sad possibilty too. Either mom or dad could have done something awful or a stranger. Just sad to hear.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

medivixen wrote:there are so many possiblities on what could have happened. Everyone outcome doesnt come out favorably. If he did get swept off the beach by a wave he is gone, if he wondered into the forest its now night 3 and below 0, and foul play could be a sad possibilty too. Either mom or dad could have done something awful or a stranger. Just sad to hear.

you've been thinking the same things i have. :( i hate it when people just vanish like that. you wouldn't think it would possible would you? it will be a miracle if the little guy is found safe and sound somewhere.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Missing boy in Tofino

Post by Catz »

Is there any new info out there.
I feel so sad for all of them.
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

As parents, it's our worst nightmare. My gut just roils thinking about it and how it could happen to my own. I can't imagine and don't want to try and imagine what his parents and brother are feeling. :(
This signature may be a forgery.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

This is so sad...I hope they find something soon, this must just be horrible for them. As a parent, I just can't imagine how I'd be feeling right now
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Every year at least one person gets swept off the rocks in the area of Tofino. The water is turbulent and waves are not all the same height. When a bigger wave strikes the shore what was a safe place to stand a couple of seconds previous becomes a perilous perch. The undertow along much of the shore immediately pulls the victim to the bottom. The only good thing is that death occurs within seconds. As gasses form in the body Search and Rescue sometimes find the deceased on or near the shore in the area at which they went missing.

Wandering off into the bush is another matter.

Return to “B.C.”