New car seat laws are coming to BC

usquebaugh
Guru

Re: New car seat laws are coming to BC

Post by usquebaugh »

Does this mean parents will have to start carrying around copies of their kids' birth certificates in each vehicle's glove box along with the car insurance?! It's not always very easy to tell what age kids are. Will they take the parents' at their word?
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

I can't wait to get a picture of a cop lifting a kid out of a vehicle and onto a scale, ndp.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Honda59
Fledgling

Post by Honda59 »

I am sure all those out of province tourists will appreciate a CAD$109 fine too!
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

writerdave wrote:I can't wait to get a picture of a cop lifting a kid out of a vehicle and onto a scale, ndp.

:dyinglaughing:

Honda59 wrote:I am sure all those out of province tourists will appreciate a CAD$109 fine too!

Yeah, too bad for all those Albertans. Heehee.
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

Why all the complaining? Why don't you want your kids to be safe? In this case, I'm glad the gov't is telling all of us how to take care of our kids. My daughter is 5 years old (44" and 40 lbs), and still in a regular carseat. My middle is in one as well, and my 19 month old son is still rear facing. I do what is safest for my kids. They grew up knowing that they are safe in a carseat, and look on in terror when they see one of their same age friends in a booster seat way before they need to be.

For the person that asked about age vs size: Age limits are because of how their bodies grow. The #1 reason why you NEED to have your 0-12 month baby rear facing is because their neck bones are NOT fused together completely and could not withstand a crash properly (if they were forward facing.) It doesn't matter if your 7 year old is as big as a 9 year old (or vice versa) it's all about body development.

If you have any questions about how to keep your child as safe as they can be in a vehicle, I totally recommend this site. It's an american site but there is a canadian only forum where canadian car seat techs answer your questions.
http://www.car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
renedarling

Post by renedarling »

Hopefully with the newly added law pertaining to carrying babies inside the car in Canada can see loads of changes for the good. Certainly it will play a positive role, in preventing the kids to meeting accidents and thus keep them secure and intact. Earlier with lax laws, there were more accidents reported over the roads wherein lot many babies were seen getting injured and even losing their lives. Hopefully with the advent of this law, I am sure things would improve. Indeed a commendable efforts there from the authority. Keep it up!
However, I would suggest you try out the sites like http://www.carseatvs.com/find wherein you can find the right kind of information, which goes as per their whims and fancies.
Britax ROUNDABOUT 50 Classic
http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/round...50-classic
Britax MARATHON 70-G3
http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/marathon-70-g3
Last edited by renedarling on Feb 14th, 2014, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Nebula wrote:I can't wait to get a picture of a cop lifting a kid out of a vehicle and onto a scale, ndp.

RCMP recently issued all members scales so watch out.

When is the last time you were stopped? LOL, if your little one is buckled in safely the average RCMP will check your licence and registration and off you go!!

As a parent, I'd want to know what is safe for my little one and use it. But why would that mater, the way some parents drive does it really matter....
Attachments
scale.jpg
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

renedarling wrote:Hopefully with the newly added law pertaining to carrying babies inside the car in Canada can see loads of changes for the good. Certainly it will play a positive role, in preventing the kids to meeting accidents and thus keep them secure and intact. Earlier with lax laws, there were more accidents reported over the roads wherein lot many babies were seen getting injured and even losing their lives. Hopefully with the advent of this law, I am sure things would improve. Indeed a commendable efforts there from the authority. Keep it up!

The "newly added law" you are giving koodos to came in to effect nearly 6 years ago ... congrats on the thread from the grave bump.

Return to “B.C.”