Conkle Lake

jlaura12

Conkle Lake

Post by jlaura12 »

Has anyone been to conkle lake recently, is the road ok for a small car (jetta), or would i be pushing my luck??

jen
johnp3
Fledgling

Re: Conkle Lake

Post by johnp3 »

Coming in from HWY3 is OK from HWY 33 may be a problem.
gilamonster

Post by gilamonster »

We attempted to get to Conkle Lake from Hwy 33 a few years back on what was described as a good, well marked road but wasn't, and eventually turned back when we came to a fork with no signage. We're wanting to try to get there one more time and just want to know the best route in. Better road conditions and good signage are the goals, not shortest distance. Anybody been lately and have some advice?
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

gilamonster wrote:We attempted to get to Conkle Lake from Hwy 33 a few years back on what was described as a good, well marked road but wasn't, and eventually turned back when we came to a fork with no signage. We're wanting to try to get there one more time and just want to know the best route in. Better road conditions and good signage are the goals, not shortest distance. Anybody been lately and have some advice?

Go in from Hwy 3. Grab a Backroads Mapbook to take along. Stay away from the route off from Hwy 33.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

We went for july long weekend last year, it is a really great spot.

We came up from the south via highway after talking to some friends who had been there. i was going about 20khr for most of it. I was told to go highway 3 then up via johnstone creek rd w, it apparently is the long way the but the road is 'better' i was sticking around 20k along the dirt road, its basically one lane so you really need to watch who is coming the other way. It was a good 40 min of one lane bouncy dirt road. A few friends came in the north and said they would leave going south next time it was that bad. I used google maps and i found it accurate. I drive a smallish suv, many people made it in cars and a few with truck and camper, and a few trailers.

Here is the real website if you have not found it, i found the goverment one to be less helpfull.

http://www.campokanagan.com/parks/conkle-start.htm
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Talk about a thread necro:

Post by johnp3 » Jun 6th, 2009, 12:30 pm
Your bias suits you.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »