Vancouver night clubs from the 60's 70's and 80's

griff22

Re: Vancouver night clubs from the 60's 70's and 80's

Post by griff22 »

I am having a brief period of forgetfulness, LOL.
The Anchor, I know it was Cowboys in the early 80's but was it called the Anchor in the 70's and was it called some thing else in between and in the late 70's
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

griff22 wrote:I am having a brief period of forgetfulness, LOL.
The Anchor, I know it was Cowboys in the early 80's but was it called the Anchor in the 70's and was it called some thing else in between and in the late 70's

Nope, biker bar on Cordova in Gastown. Great place in the day. Don't think it is there anymore.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
griff22

Post by griff22 »

It is still there in a split version, restaurant bar. Alexanders and another name. It was Canvas during the Olympics.
griff22

Post by griff22 »

It was also called Alhambra for awhile but still missing one name
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

We only knew it as the Anchor and it was not anything fancy.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
griff22

Post by griff22 »

Confetti's
bumblebuns
Fledgling

Post by bumblebuns »

The Air Affair was a great place in the early 80's. My fave though was Annabel's in the basement of the Four Seasons. Great place to go after work until the traffic died down. And there was a a gorgeous server there, name of Jan...
Bumblebuns
silverdeke

Post by silverdeke »

Reading about these clubs brought back a lot of memories..You might remember a few on this list..
Clementines on Broadway at Granville
Lasseters Den on Broadway at commercial (had the dance floor with flashing lights,different colors,under a plexi-glass
dance surface).
The original Body Shop on Hornby across from the Bc court building
Rock Palace on Davie at Burrard (was the old Ambassador Ball Room)( I was there male waiter,from 8 till 10,on Tues.
day night ladies nights,free roses and diamond ring draws for the ladies).
Mardy`gras on Burrard at Nelson,connected to the Century Plaza hotel ( I was the male waiter on there Thur.day night
ladies night).
Outlaws on Georgia (Helmar opened it when he had to close the Body Shop).
The Metro,same location as above,(Helmar closed the Outlaws for a week to renovate and do a name change;it burnt
down a year or 2 later).
Wow...I could keep on and on..a lot of stories..some very good times..end of the show MASH parties..Halloweens
were always great..
If your interested I do have more..Cheers
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

silverdeke wrote:Reading about these clubs brought back a lot of memories..You might remember a few on this list..
Clementines on Broadway at Granville
Lasseters Den on Broadway at commercial (had the dance floor with flashing lights,different colors,under a plexi-glass
dance surface).
The original Body Shop on Hornby across from the Bc court building
Rock Palace on Davie at Burrard (was the old Ambassador Ball Room)( I was there male waiter,from 8 till 10,on Tues.
day night ladies nights,free roses and diamond ring draws for the ladies).
Mardy`gras on Burrard at Nelson,connected to the Century Plaza hotel ( I was the male waiter on there Thur.day night
ladies night).
Outlaws on Georgia (Helmar opened it when he had to close the Body Shop).
The Metro,same location as above,(Helmar closed the Outlaws for a week to renovate and do a name change;it burnt
down a year or 2 later).
Wow...I could keep on and on..a lot of stories..some very good times..end of the show MASH parties..Halloweens
were always great..
If your interested I do have more..Cheers

Keep them coming remember all the clubs mentioned and BF danced at Lasseters
trmo1966

Post by trmo1966 »

Anybody remember the name of the bar on Edmonds and kingsway in bby?
silverdeke

Post by silverdeke »

The one at edmonds/kingsway I think would be the Wooden Barrel
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

silverdeke wrote:The one at edmonds/kingsway I think would be the Wooden Barrel

That it was thank you! Could not remember it for anything but one of those moments when you remember the total physical layout right down to where the bathrooms were located ....
Ed an Me for a pizza before, Knight and Day after closing ....
There was another club on Kingsway further up and if I remember right there were actually 2 venues in the building
Then there is still the lounge behind Dennys and the 83 Legion and 314 ANAF.....
Good times, good friends!
TheG

Post by TheG »

Found this thread while searching the Town Pump. A favorite of mine in the early 80s. Was there almost every day. Often think about Lil Donna the Manager. All the wonderful waitresses and music. Great food too. Went for the cheese plates everyday after work and usually stayed til closing. Then, reading through all the other clubs. Wow, they were good days indeed.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

I wonder if the Sylvia Hotel lounge is still there. Small with a fantastic view of English Bay!
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Anyone remember the name of the restaurant that later became a Keg below Oil Can Harry's???? They had the best, the very best, eggs bennie at 3 am LOL

Return to “B.C.”