Osoyoos border crossing stories?

Ironhorse1
Fledgling

Re: Osoyoos border crossing stories?

Post by Ironhorse1 »

All they ask for is politeness and honesty I would imagine. If you lack either of them, you're gonna be searched. If you go down looking or dressing like a bum, goth, druggie. Prepare to be held up.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

All they ask for is politeness and honesty I would imagine. If you lack either of them, you're gonna be searched. If you go down looking or dressing like a bum, goth, druggie. Prepare to be held up.

Well put and exactley to the point. Crossed many times no problems ever. Non issue.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

:1419: We went across to the US for the first time since my new wife arrived from the UK. The US Customs Officer was more than pleasant. Told us we would have to go into the office and get a 3 month permit at a cost of $6.00 US as she didn't have a Canadian passport. We were met by a very pleasant agent who checked her Passport, asked us to fill out a form (which was quite short), was fingerprinted and photographed. All of this being done with complete professionalism and courtesy.
I myself have always been treated well going both ways at Osoyoos. Other than the line ups at times, I would rather cross there anytime. Try crossing at Emerson in Manitoba...OUCH!!!! They are nasty most times..
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I cross at Osoyoos regularly, we're close enough to make shopping runs to Prince's in Oroville, or if it's around lunchtime we'll push south to the big Wal-Mart in Omak because there's a great little Mexican restaurant down on Main Street.

As for the border, never had a problem. Be polite, have your paperwork in order, don't lie.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Maybe one needs to understand that the US borderguards are the first line of defence against terrorists. Personally speaking, and I have crossed the border many times, the US border guards do their jobs in a very proffesional and efficient manner. What else do you expect. If Canada would have lost 3000+ people in a terrorist attack, should we have a nice chat and coffee and cake while crossing the border? Get serious! What I dont like with the Osoyoos border is the long wait lines to get back into Canada. They sure know that 30+ vehicles are waiting to get across and still only 1 Canadian borderguard......thats my beef.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Ironhorse1 wrote:All they ask for is politeness and honesty I would imagine. If you lack either of them, you're gonna be searched. If you go down looking or dressing like a bum, goth, druggie. Prepare to be held up.

Luck of the draw I guess, truth is yes I've had the professional agents, but they are the minority. And if you've ever been treated like a criminal it leaves a very very biter taste.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Never had a problem in thirty years. Luck of the draw.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

John500 wrote:Maybe one needs to understand that the US borderguards are the first line of defence against terrorists. Personally speaking, and I have crossed the border many times, the US border guards do their jobs in a very proffesional and efficient manner. What else do you expect. If Canada would have lost 3000+ people in a terrorist attack, should we have a nice chat and coffee and cake while crossing the border? Get serious....

Actually, a fair and non agressive foreign policy is their first line of defense, people don't fly planes and plant bombs for no reason.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

WhatThe wrote:Actually, a fair and non agressive foreign policy is their first line of defense, people don't fly planes and plant bombs for no reason.

True enough, but probably not a great idea to mention that to the border guard unless you're really in to cavity searches.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

-fluffy- wrote:
WhatThe wrote:Actually, a fair and non agressive foreign policy is their first line of defense, people don't fly planes and plant bombs for no reason.

True enough, but probably not a great idea to mention that to the border guard unless you're really in to cavity searches.
I find it funny that someone would want to prove their power and authority by looking in another persons anus :dyinglaughing: I guess that is what the recruitment and training is for :dyinglaughing:
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

grumpydigger wrote:I find it funny that someone would want to prove their power and authority by looking in another persons anus :dyinglaughing: I guess that is what the recruitment and training is for :dyinglaughing:

With a malevolent grin on her face Olga snaps on the latex.... :200:
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

but if you mean which side is not going to notice things they should like drugs and weapons smuggling, the nod goes to Canada
you have tested this?
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

since my new wife arrived from the UK.
please expand on this
GO CANUCKS GO
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Unless they are religious radicals...
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Glacier wrote:

Unless they are religious radicals...

Oh glacier, you don't really buy that line do you ?

Return to “B.C.”