Mother told to cover up while breastfeeding on bus

Advocate
Guru

Re: Mother told to cover up while breastfeeding on transit b

Post by Advocate »

mtnman1 wrote:
Advocate wrote:some of my personal philosophy comes from the serenity prayer among other things like the golden rule.

:127:
That would be???? Spare the rod, spoil the child?????

Way off topic there bud..........

That expression might mean something completely opposite to me than it does to others.
To me, a shepherd guides his sheep with that rod, gently leading and steering, guidingl keeping them in line toward a common goal (aka 'discipline'); rather than whacking and beating them with the rod in order to have power over them through intimidation and fear (aka punishment).

Does that amuse you?
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

Advocate wrote:
mtnman1 wrote:
Advocate wrote:some of my personal philosophy comes from the serenity prayer among other things like the golden rule.

:127:
That would be???? Spare the rod, spoil the child?????

Way off topic there bud..........

That expression might mean something completely opposite to me than it does to others.
To me, a shepherd guides his sheep with that rod, gently leading and steering, guidingl keeping them in line toward a common goal (aka 'discipline'); rather than whacking and beating them with the rod in order to have power over them through intimidation and fear (aka punishment).

Does that amuse you?

No. You make too much sense, I was just provoking a return comment. (it worked) I personally, do understand your reply as well as believe in your methods. BUT with all of the gentle poking and prodding might eventually move you towards the ultimate goal. A good swift kick in the behind with a frozen muckluk will ensure that you get there quicker. I did not have the intention of promotting fear and dominence but rather showing that forward in an expeditious manner would ultimatly prove less painful in the long run.
Lack of objection is implied consent.
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

A good swift kick in the behind with a frozen muckluk will ensure that you get there quicker.

At what cost?
Easier to intimidate an animal with elusive power, not so easy a human child. There comes a time.........

rather showing that forward in an expeditious manner would ultimatly prove less painful in the long run.

With an animal, I might agree, but for the well-being of the animal. Not with a human. Too much at risk for little gain in the long run, possibly for some loss inthe long run as well.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Jo wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:This thread NEEDS to be closed. Please mods?

Why?

Because it has run its course....
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I read through many of the pages and I fully do agree that women should have the "right" to breast feed her children in public.

But I don't agree that women have the "right" to breast feed in private properties like malls and stores. That should be based solely on policy and procedure. Like if a man doesn't want to see breast feeding, we can look away, if a woman has a problem with a retailer's policy and procedure, they can choose not to shop there.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “B.C.”