Mother told to cover up while breastfeeding on bus

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Mother told to cover up while breastfeeding on transit b

Post by flamingfingers »

This thread NEEDS to be closed. Please mods?
Chill
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

flamingfingers wrote:This thread NEEDS to be closed. Please mods?

I agree....
Lack of objection is implied consent.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Why?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Jo wrote:

Why?

Because it is a circular argument with MAP refusing to answer direct questions and clearing up his/her/its stance to substantiate his/her/its argument!
Chill
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

flamingfingers wrote: Because it is a circular argument with MAP refusing to answer direct questions and clearing up his/her/its stance to substantiate his/her/its argument!

I haven't really been following this thread but the idea anyone would object to breastfeeding whenever or however is plainly laughable. Some people will try to create an "infinity loop" of sorts and go in circles with an argument forever without ever responding directly to a counterpoint. When you recognize someome's created a merry go-round, the only real choice to stop it is get off.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

flamingfingers wrote:
Puffy wrote:ahhhh..what?

What is that all about Puffy? Is that too much 'breast' for you?

I must having been replying to a different post and didn't go back to see where it landed...sorry...I am all for breastfeeding in public.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I have made my point.That is certain actions attract certain attetion.Which could be avoided weather it is breast feeding or picking your nose.I am not opposed to public breast feeding AT ALL,however some will object OR ogle a breast feeding mother. Sad but true in the world we live in.

The only reason this is a circular arguement is because many of you chose to ignore that fact and attact me for pointing out that if someone doesn't want to attract certain attention,they COULD avoid certain actions.

To close this thread would be to close minds.I,however ,am done.I prefer to keep my mind open.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

MAPearce wrote: I, however ,am done.I prefer to keep my mind open.

You say you keep your mind open yet you say you're done. Isn't that a contradiction in terms ?
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

MAPearce wrote:I have made my point.That is certain actions attract certain attetion.Which could be avoided weather it is breast feeding or picking your nose.I am not opposed to public breast feeding AT ALL,however some will object OR ogle a breast feeding mother. Sad but true in the world we live in.

The only reason this is a circular arguement is because many of you chose to ignore that fact and attact me for pointing out that if someone doesn't want to attract certain attention,they COULD avoid certain actions.

To close this thread would be to close minds.I,however ,am done.I prefer to keep my mind open.

It is her LEGAL RIGHT to feed her baby anyway she chooses. Just like it is your legal right to live in Canada, eat squid in public, pick your nose, or use a cell phone. Some may not agree with those rights but, they do not object openly on castanet about their personal biases against you. You have openly and vehemently objected, so therefore, you do not consent to this woman's RIGHTS to feed her baby, any where or at anytime that she/baby requires to nourish, or her legal RIGHTS as a Canadian citizen. Isn't Canada great? Too bad it has too many people like you that feel that their rights must be covered up or taken out of sight.
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

flamingfingers wrote:
Jo wrote:

Why?

Because it is a circular argument with MAP refusing to answer direct questions and clearing up his/her/its stance to substantiate his/her/its argument!

Well, that is not bothering me at all!
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

Advocate wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:
Jo wrote:

Why?

Well, that is not bothering me at all!

Does a dog chasing it's tail also amuse you?
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

Of course it does! It's hillarious!
Life is what we make it.
When I see something I don't like to see, I don't look.
When I hear something I don't like to listen to, I don't listen.
When I smell something I don't like, I roll the windows up, or down, as the case may be, or I leave.
When I know something I don't like and I can change it, I change it.
When I know something I cannot change, I accept that I cannot change it for my own serenity.
The hardest part of course is knowing the difference between that which we can change, and that which we cannot.
I believe that having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.
I believe that you can make all of the people happy some of the time, some of the people happy all of the tine, but you cannot make all of the people happy all of the time.
I believe everyone has the right to stic with their own formed opinion, change their own opinion, and express their opinion, as long as their opinion is not a personal attack on another person, rather a disagreement with their opinion.
I believe some people who think their minds are open have open minds with preconceived notions and opinions and prejudices and assumptions. I am amused by the expression 'some people have such open minds their brains have fallen out' (although I recognize that is an insulting expression so I don't refer to anyone in particular this way).
I believe that a mother has the right to feed her infant as she sees fit, in private and in public.
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

Advocate wrote:Of course it does! It's hillarious!
Life is what we make it.
When I see something I don't like to see, I don't look.
When I hear something I don't like to listen to, I don't listen.
When I smell something I don't like, I roll the windows up, or down, as the case may be, or I leave.
When I know something I don't like and I can change it, I change it.
When I know something I cannot change, I accept that I cannot change it for my own serenity.
The hardest part of course is knowing the difference between that which we can change, and that which we cannot.
I believe that having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.
I believe that you can make all of the people happy some of the time, some of the people happy all of the tine, but you cannot make all of the people happy all of the time.
I believe everyone has the right to stic with their own formed opinion, change their own opinion, and express their opinion, as long as their opinion is not a personal attack on another person, rather a disagreement with their opinion.
I believe some people who think their minds are open have open minds with preconceived notions and opinions and prejudices and assumptions. I am amused by the expression 'some people have such open minds their brains have fallen out' (although I recognize that is an insulting expression so I don't refer to anyone in particular this way).
I believe that a mother has the right to feed her infant as she sees fit, in private and in public.

The expanded version of the serenity prayer.
Advocate
Guru

Post by Advocate »

some of my personal philosophy comes from the serenity prayer among other things like the golden rule.
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

Advocate wrote:some of my personal philosophy comes from the serenity prayer among other things like the golden rule.

:127:
That would be???? Spare the rod, spoil the child?????

Return to “B.C.”