BC in 2013, ....and beyond.

mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: BC in 2013, ....and beyond.

Post by mr.bandaid »

The true downfall of the Liberals will start when some of there MLA's realise that they have no future with the party and start crossing the floor to try pull the wool over the peoples eyes and get re-elected. I predict that will start very soon. If the Liberals do poorly the end of the party is inevitable and all the sheep will rally around a new leader (probably Falcon to start with) form a new party and try and convince the people of this province that they have seen the light and they are humbled and ready to listen. One thing about B.C. politics, it is never boring.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

mrs.bandaid wrote:The true downfall of the Liberals will start when some of there MLA's realise that they have no future with the party and start crossing the floor to try pull the wool over the peoples eyes and get re-elected. I predict that will start very soon. If the Liberals do poorly the end of the party is inevitable and all the sheep will rally around a new leader (probably Falcon to start with) form a new party and try and convince the people of this province that they have seen the light and they are humbled and ready to listen. One thing about B.C. politics, it is never boring.

I too see the end of the Liberal party in BC but not your senario. I see quite a few Liberal MLA's announcing they will not be seeking another term. I see a fresh slate of new faces drawn from high profile members in each riding under a Provincial Conservative banner. Hopefully they will take few if any of the current sitting Liberals. If that happens I see some hope that Conservatives can defeat Dix.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

twobits wrote:
mrs.bandaid wrote:The true downfall of the Liberals will start when some of there MLA's realise that they have no future with the party and start crossing the floor to try pull the wool over the peoples eyes and get re-elected. I predict that will start very soon. If the Liberals do poorly the end of the party is inevitable and all the sheep will rally around a new leader (probably Falcon to start with) form a new party and try and convince the people of this province that they have seen the light and they are humbled and ready to listen. One thing about B.C. politics, it is never boring.

I too see the end of the Liberal party in BC but not your senario. I see quite a few Liberal MLA's announcing they will not be seeking another term. I see a fresh slate of new faces drawn from high profile members in each riding under a Provincial Conservative banner. Hopefully they will take few if any of the current sitting Liberals. If that happens I see some hope that Conservatives can defeat Dix.

Interesting but I believe the Liberals are too arrogant to think that they can be defeated regardless of who they run with. I see those people crossoing the floor and like I said, attempting to pull the wool over everyones eyes. The party that accepts them will do poorly. Just my opinion.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
alczervic

Post by alczervic »

Al Czervic wrote:

The single biggest variable right now who will be the next leader of the Liberals depending on who that person is it could lead either to the demise of the party, the status quo of the party, the rebound of the party, or a whole new lease on life for the party.

All of these things in turn will have an impact both on the NDP and also the potential for a third party.

As soon as I see some writing on the wall I will be one of the first to say “here is what I think might occur in 2013” At this point I just see too much up in the air. The reason why I said a 12 month window is needed because that timeframe will allow for a new BC Liberal Leader, an idea of what is planned for the next NDP convention, and most importantly the HST vote will be decided (that one I think I can forecast) and we will have a better idea on where recall has ended up. Maybe it is just me, but I see all of these issues being inter-related.

Damn.....I think I nailed this one pretty good ! Well over a year later and now that Christy Clark is the leader I think it is pretty clear where she has taken the party....
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

New Democratic Party leader Adrian Dix is now the person most British Columbians think should be premier, a new Angus Reid poll has found.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Adrian ... story.html

If the NDP once more take over as BC government, the BC Socred/Liberal coalition, the BC business community, ....and their supporters, ....have no one to blame but themselves!

Nab
Last edited by NAB on Feb 1st, 2012, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

NAB wrote:
New Democratic Party leader Adrian Dix is now the person most British Columbians think should be premier, a new Angus Reid poll has found.

If the NDP once more take over as BC government, the BC Liberals and their supporters have no one to blame but themselves!

Nab

Plus the NDP sypathizers. Don't forget the unions and the entitlers!
Not afraid to say "It".
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

logicalview wrote:
NAB wrote:

If the NDP once more take over as BC government, the BC Liberals and their supporters have no one to blame but themselves!

Nab

Plus the NDP sypathizers. Don't forget the unions and the entitlers!

Irrelevant at this point Logical.. you don't shoot yerself in the foot, then try to suggest it was someone else who did it when it should be quite obvious everyone knows better.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Possibly. But who else are we going to blame when Dix becomes the new Christy Campbell?
Not afraid to say "It".
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

logicalview wrote:Possibly. But who else are we going to blame when Dix becomes the new Christy Campbell?

Sorry, that makes no sense to me. Please explain.

Nab
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Crap.

Once the Dix gets in and balloons the provincial debt, drives away business and rewards his brethren and generally creates even more scandals for the taxpayer to pay for then the NDP and their sympathizers should shoulder the blame.

It's the same game that the NDP is playing now with the Liberals. Except that I think it's going to be way more fun to watch.
Not afraid to say "It".
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

logicalview wrote:Crap.

Once the Dix gets in and balloons the provincial debt, drives away business and rewards his brethren and generally creates even more scandals for the taxpayer to pay for then the NDP and their sympathizers should shoulder the blame.

It's the same game that the NDP is playing now with the Liberals. Except that I think it's going to be way more fun to watch.

Pretty much speculation IMO, ....and as for provincial debt - perhaps you haven't noticed?........ (There's really no room to balloon it any more, but the Liberal/Socred coalition seem intent on trying to anyway)

Nab

Return to “B.C.”