Child services of BC.... Wow what a screw-up

strwbrrydvl
Guru

Re: Child services of BC.... Wow what a screw-up

Post by strwbrrydvl »

:ohmygod: I don't even know what to say. That is just so sad.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

:ohmygod: How heartbreaking.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

strwbrrydvl wrote::ohmygod: I don't even know what to say. That is just so sad.

So very true.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

It is a tragedy that is difficult to put into words. Very sad situation.
Back with a vengeance
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I hope every MoCF worker loses sleep over this..These people and that ministry make me puke,....

I though Ross Dawson was history..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Somerled
Fledgling

Post by Somerled »

We can all say thank you to the Liberals for the significant cutbacks to Ministry of Children and Family services. I know that some of the Jihad righties will respond quickly to this, so to counter you, I have included a report which is straight from the MCF Government website that does document cutbacks to Chidren and Family services.

So before we all blame the social workers involved, we need to take a further step back and see why this happened. There simply is not enough social workers to watch all the children in BC.

With the highest poverty rate in Canada, its no wonder the social workers cannot keep up.

Ref:
http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/bcchildprotect ... pril_4.pdf
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... eport.html
Einstein said it right, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by moi »

This is just SAD!!! My stepson suffered like this girl did. His mother was a druggie as well and MCF told us that we are just "jealous" that she has full custody and to not call them anymore. Even though several different people have reported her; there were over 10 reports on her neglect and physically assaulting her infant. Stepson was only 1 year old and weighted 20 lbs and worn 6 month clothes in size 2 shoes. He was so tiny. His mom didn't even have food in her trailer either which MCF didn't take seriously because his mom's mom (grandmother) lied and said they come to THEIR place for meals....yeah right!

He's now a teen and has RAD and FASD and is going to counseling. We got him out on our own with his mom signing the papers to give us full custody. The MCF and Judge didn't even help that little boy and he has to live with the horrors of his early toddlerhood which he still remembers even though we thought we got him out on time at 15 months old. He is mentally damaged by that experience to this day.

I don't care about the lack of funds that Social workers get...even the judge said; "He belongs to his mother" still rings in my head to this day. The judge didn't care about his mother being on drugs and drinking; passing out for an entire day with him in the crib in the same diaper with no food/drink all day long. The MCF didn't even take us seriously or look at the evidence such as pictures of his bruises. Guess it helped that his grandmother used to work for social services in the past...she knew how to beat/play the system.

I'm sorry this really struck a nerve in me...we need younger judges who are up with the times and not judges who are in their 60's or older saying a child needs to be with the mother...not father. Not all moms are good moms who are able to care for their children.

I feel so bad for this young girl who had suffered needless over the years....and even her brothers suffered over the years with a mom like that.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

moi wrote:I don't care about the lack of funds that Social workers get...even the judge said; "He belongs to his mother" still rings in my head to this day. The judge didn't care about his mother being on drugs and drinking; passing out for an entire day with him in the crib in the same diaper with no food/drink all day long. The MCF didn't even take us seriously or look at the evidence such as pictures of his bruises. Guess it helped that his grandmother used to work for social services in the past...she knew how to beat/play the system.

I'm sorry this really struck a nerve in me...we need younger judges who are up with the times and not judges who are in their 60's or older saying a child needs to be with the mother...not father. Not all moms are good moms who are able to care for their children.

I feel so bad for this young girl who had suffered needless over the years....and even her brothers suffered over the years with a mom like that.

Those are some very good points, thank you for posting them given your past memories in such a difficult matter.
Back with a vengeance
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

So before we all blame the social workers involved, we need to take a further step back and see why this happened. There simply is not enough social workers to watch all the children in BC

I find it hard to believe that after the Bert and Anna Drayer mess and with the sibilings asking for help and bringing certain information to the attention of the ministry regarding the conditions that this girl was living in,that something wasn't done to help this child.

Perhaps the minisrty officials were waiting for Christmas.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Somerled wrote:

We can all say thank you to the Liberals for the significant cutbacks to Ministry of Children and Family services. I know that some of the Jihad righties will respond quickly to this, so to counter you, I have included a report which is straight from the MCF Government website that does document cutbacks to Children and Family services.

So before we all blame the social workers involved, we need to take a further step back and see why this happened. There simply is not enough social workers to watch all the children in BC.

With the highest poverty rate in Canada, it's no wonder the social workers cannot keep up.

Ref:

Thank-you for info

How the problem is their was an assessment made by Ministry and found this child would be better off with this parent. Huh
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

MAPearce wrote:
So before we all blame the social workers involved, we need to take a further step back and see why this happened. There simply is not enough social workers to watch all the children in BC

I find it hard to believe that after the Bert and Anna Drayer mess and with the sibilings asking for help and bringing certain information to the attention of the ministry regarding the conditions that this girl was living in,that something wasn't done to help this child.

There is usually more to a story then what is reported in the media. I don’t believe any person would ever mean for something like this to happen. I expect there will be an investigation and we will learn more about this tragedy, and rightfully so.

My heart go’s out to anyone who grows up in an environment with a parent(s) that are addicted to booze and drugs. Such a sad situation.
Back with a vengeance
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Al Czervic wrote:
MAPearce wrote:

There is usually more to a story then what is reported in the media. I don’t believe any person would ever mean for something like this to happen. I expect there will be an investigation and we will learn more about this tragedy, and rightfully so.

My heart go’s out to anyone who grows up in an environment with a parent(s) that are addicted to booze and drugs. Such a sad situation.

Yes Al, usually there is more to the story.Hopefully Mary Ellen Turpel Lafonde has the file on her desk as we speak AND she still has some teeth left.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Somerled wrote:

We can all say thank you to the Liberals for the significant cutbacks to Ministry of Children and Family services. I know that some of the Jihad righties will respond quickly to this, so to counter you, I have included a report which is straight from the MCF Government website that does document cutbacks to Chidren and Family services.

With the highest poverty rate in Canada, its no wonder the social workers cannot keep up.

Ref:

Shame on you for bringing politics into this.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

MAPearce wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:
MAPearce wrote:

Yes Al, usually there is more to the story.Hopefully Mary Ellen Turpel Lafonde has the file on her desk as we speak AND she still has some teeth left.

Agreed. Although I have not been very impressed by her work thus far. Maybe this one will be different.
Back with a vengeance

Return to “B.C.”