Man beats puppy in hotel room

kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Man beats puppy in hotel room

Post by kompili »

Lore wrote:
kompili wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:The "Pit Bull" was 3 months old!! The guy was not the owner. The pup probably peed on the floor and the guy decided to teach the dog a lesson. Got into a 'roid range and did this. Poor pup. Could have had a happy life except for this deranged idiot. The horrible thing is, this idiot could go out and sprog kids....

The owners let this guy in charge of their dog, must of been a friend of theirs, doesn't say much for the owners. I had a neighbor training his pit bull and the characters coming and going, you would not want anything in anyway to do with them. I soon moved.

Did you report your neighbor to the SPCA and the police?
If not you should have. People should be getting involved whenever
there is cruelty against any living feeling animal (and of course people to).

These type of people, you don't want to bother with. The police don't even bother with them. Lets say they had on the right kind of colours to make people mind their own business. I am sure the police know about the dog fights, and do nothing about them.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

[quote="kompili"][quote="Lore"][quote="kompili"][quote="flamingfingers"]The "Pit Bull" was 3 months old!! The guy was not the owner. The pup probably peed on the floor and the guy decided to teach the dog a lesson. Got into a 'roid range and did this. Poor pup. Could have had a happy life except for this deranged idiot. The horrible thing is, this idiot could go out and sprog kids....[/quote]

The owners let this guy in charge of their dog, must of been a friend of theirs, doesn't say much for the owners. I had a neighbor training his pit bull and the characters coming and going, you would not want anything in anyway to do with them. I soon moved.[/quote]

Did you report your neighbor to the SPCA and the police?
If not you should have. People should be getting involved whenever
there is cruelty against any living feeling animal (and of course people to).[/quote]

These type of people, you don't want to bother with. The police don't even bother with them. Lets say they had on the right kind of colours to make people mind their own business. I am sure the police know about the dog fights, and do nothing about them.[/quote]

So you did not report the neighbor.
You did not do what you should have done.
Its scary people like your previous neighbor that probably started crimestoppers.
The neighbors would not even know you had reported them.
There are avenues you could have taken and did not and I don't believe that the
police would ignore that type of cruelty for a second gang or no gang.
The SPCA would have gotten the police involved also.
If people stand up against people who are cruel to animals then fewer animals will
suffer, its quite simple.
But you have to live with what you do or don't do.
I will stand up and help an animal in need every time.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Every situation is different. I told my experience. You can brag all you want what you would do and would not do. I made the right choice for myself and my family at the time. They never killed the dog, they did what they did so he could fight, it's a hard life out there, and I wish you luck if you ever have to face it.
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by moi »

kompili wrote:Every situation is different. I told my experience. You can brag all you want what you would do and would not do. I made the right choice for myself and my family at the time. They never killed the dog, they did what they did so he could fight, it's a hard life out there, and I wish you luck if you ever have to face it.

That's just so sad..to turn a blind eye to it and not to do anything about it. I happened to be watching the animal planet and they are talking about how to get to the root of the problem and end dog fighting. They talked about how they used the mother dog to have puppies and have them as bait dogs....sickening...to have the pits desire the taste of blood. What's painful to me is there's people that turn a blind eye to this; especially neighbours.

I had a neighbour who had two rottis...they were very dangerous dogs. The cops came twice and they had to put them down by law. They moved basically because the neighbours around them were standing up for themselves and taking back their street and not letting those type of people intimidate them. So in a sense they moved to another area where neighbours were more likely to let them have dangerous dogs and using them to fight, etc.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

[quote="kompili"]Every situation is different. I told my experience. You can brag all you want what you would do and would not do. I made the right choice for myself and my family at the time. They never killed the dog, they did what they did so he could fight, it's a hard life out there, and I wish you luck if you ever have to face it.[/quote]

Not bragging at all, I just don't understand how anyone can sit back and know/condone animal cruelty. Its not right no matter the situation. Thankfully the people in control of charging this guy know this. Hopefully you don't ever need the help of your neighbors. KARMA
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I hope they publish his name, address, phone number and that he goes to jail. Oh, and he shares a cell with a really mean guy who is a dog lover.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
ccrraazzyy

Post by ccrraazzyy »

For the life of me I cannot figure out how or why anybody would hurt an animal. They are as innocent as children.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Lore wrote:Not bragging at all, I just don't understand how anyone can sit back and know/condone animal cruelty. Its not right no matter the situation.

Well, when choosing between some dog and their own health (or well-being of their family) most people choose the latter.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

[quote="normaM"]I hope they publish his name, address, phone number and that he goes to jail. Oh, and he shares a cell with a really mean guy who is a dog lover.[/quote]

I LOVE the sentence you are hoping for him.
How quick can you become a judge?
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

[quote="grammafreddy"][quote="Lore"][quote="kompili"]Every situation is different. I told my experience. You can brag all you want what you would do and would not do. I made the right choice for myself and my family at the time. They never killed the dog, they did what they did so he could fight, it's a hard life out there, and I wish you luck if you ever have to face it.[/quote]

Not bragging at all, I just don't understand how anyone can sit back and know/condone animal cruelty. Its not right no matter the situation. Thankfully the people in control of charging this guy know this. Hopefully you don't ever need the help of your neighbors. KARMA[/quote]

That's a little harsh. It doesn't sound like his neighbours would have been the type to help anyone anyway. If I ended up living next door to a violent gang member I would be considering my family first. I don't think it's very wise to create waves around those guys when wives and kids are involved. You may have scruples, but they sure don't. I'd keep my eyes down, my mouth shut - and move as soon as I could.[/quote]

No harsher than Kompili's comment that "society is better off without that dog".
If I ended up living next door to a violent gang member who was abusing an animal I would not confront them either for my families safety and I would never suggest that someone put themselves or their family in danger.
What can be done though is to contact the SPCA and make a cruelty report. I'm pretty sure that a cruelty report to the SPCA is anonymous but I would confirm the anonymity with them.
You could also contact Crimestoppers.
There is no choosing between "some dog and their own health".Its anonymous, no one knows who reported it, your safe.
Everyone wins except the animal abuser.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

I would like to add to my comment up above that I do believe society would be better off with out people like that guy that beat the dog also.
Last edited by kompili on Jan 3rd, 2011, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Just an FYI, this thread is not about gangs, dog training, animal fighting or your neighbours. KEEP the topic on track.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
ccrraazzyy

Post by ccrraazzyy »

Lore wrote:http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110103/bc_spca_folo_110103/20110103?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

This almost made me get sick!
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Hopefully this guy will get the max. sentence possible!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... -plea.html

Return to “B.C.”