RCMP vs Provincial Police

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: RCMP vs Provincial Police

Post by kibbs »

If the RCMP lost the contract for the province, thus giving them no alternative but to get rid of excess members, where do you suppose those trained members would go looking for work?

Have you given that any consideration?

yes ,yes i have thought about it.With new policy and better psychological evaluation .Every member would need to be rehired as a bcpp.When you are hired you have to show your resume .If that shows you were a bad cop we do not rehire you .You can ride a desk or a horse at a federal level.Thus cleaning house and getting the bad cops off the streets. :discodance:
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

kibbs wrote:yes ,yes i have thought about it.With new policy and better psychological evaluation .Every member would need to be rehired as a bcpp.When you are hired you have to show your resume .If that shows you were a bad cop we do not rehire you .You can ride a desk or a horse at a federal level.Thus cleaning house and getting the bad cops off the streets. :discodance:

You do realize that you have a quota to hire and you are not going to know who's a "bad" cop necessarily. There aren't that many according to statistics.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

You do realize that you have a quota to hire and you are not going to know who's a "bad" cop necessarily.

There must be some record for a civLian review board to see the red flags.It would give good cops a chance to make a fresh start.To report what was done wrong before and make a change,What cop wouldn't want to make a fresh start .To put on an untarnished badge.
Peace be with you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Nothing to stop anyone from applying to a City force.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Somehow I think kibbs is dreaming, as I highly doubt that any members currently on the force, wouldn't be able to qualify for a provincial police force, given that the RCMP academy is viewed as a top level training facility.

I also doubt that the RCMP is obligated to hand over private confidential documents to another force.

For that matter where do provincial police force officers get trained?
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I don't think you have to look to hard to figure out who's a bad cop, There are ways of evaluating people to determine if they are mentally fit .I don't believe that it is the training that is the problem.Its the underlying code that is not written.That code that says family first.The one that says you take care of your brother right or wrong.A new force would give the opportunity to clear out the dead wood and start with a different structure with more checks and balances and civilian oversight.You might say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one .Without using our imaginations first ,new and better ideas can not be conceived. If you use the same methods you will get the same results, Change is good.
Peace be with you.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Somehow I think kibbs is dreaming, as I highly doubt that any members currently on the force, wouldn't be able to qualify for a provincial police force, given that the RCMP academy is viewed as a top level training facility.

I also doubt that the RCMP is obligated to hand over private confidential documents to another force.

For that matter where do provincial police force officers get trained?

I would not have any issues with the hiring of ex RCMP members. My support for a Provincial force is local control and breaking the disfunctional hierarchy and holier than thou culture that is a deeply embedded cancer in the organization
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “B.C.”