Nurses call 911?

Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Nurses call 911?

Post by Fritzthecat »

sphoaxperson wrote:You left wingers kill me!

Here in plain english is what happened.

Health officials are investigating after nurses at a B.C. hospital allegedly refused to assist an 86-year-old patient who collapsed – and called 911 instead.

Simple solution, no more union! Employment based upon qualification, advancement based upon performance, pay increase based upon merit.

He was 86 years old. Tell me what are his odds of survival at this point DOCTOR?

How many codes have you attended? I had 3 in 2010. All in hosptial, and all 3 didn't make it. It was ahorrible, violent thing to watch and the person was in agony before they died.
You watch too much TV. See a code in real life and you might understand (if the subtitles were in crayon.)
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
sphoaxperson
Fledgling

Post by sphoaxperson »

Again, another one of you refuses to acknowledge the facts (and use ignorant personal attacks).

Here is what happened...This is what Mr. Braybrooke's son saw. He was the one that wasn't on the floor dying.

"How anybody could stand aside at a distance, and some of them were as far away as 20 feet, and everybody gawking and nobody doing anything it was just deplorable," he said.

Maybe they weren't real nurses. Perhaps they require recertification on how to respond to people in help.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Unless you walk into the hospital and sign in or have a family member do the paperwork, are brought in by ambulance, or are a patient in the hospital the doctors and nurses cannot help you. Sad, but that's the way it is.

Case in point ... my son collapsed on the street right in front to a major Toronto hospital. His friends called over to the doctor standing outside and he said you have to call 911 but an empty ambulance is right here. So while they were calling 911, the ambulance drove over, loaded my son, drove back across the street and he was admitted - took all of 2 minutes. If the ambulance hadn't been right there, his friends would have carried him across the street per instructions from the doctor.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Ironically perhaps, it apparently would have been alright, under the Good Samaritan Act, for the janitor to have assisted the person.

"No liability for emergency aid unless gross negligence

1 A person who renders emergency medical services or aid to an ill, injured or unconscious person, at the immediate scene of an accident or emergency that has caused the illness, injury or unconsciousness, is not liable for damages for injury to or death of that person caused by the person's act or omission in rendering the medical services or aid unless that person is grossly negligent.
Exceptions

2 Section 1 does not apply if the person rendering the medical services or aid

(a) is employed expressly for that purpose, or

(b) does so with a view to gain."

I was under the impression that health professionals have a duty to provide emergency aid. Is this incorrect? I know that is the case for doctors in New Zealand.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Homeownertoo wrote:I was under the impression that health professionals have a duty to provide emergency aid. Is this incorrect? I know that is the case for doctors in New Zealand.

I don't believe they're obligated here (Dr's), but I could be incorrect on that. I believe nurses are convered under the Good Samaritan Act if they're in public and acting as a citizen, but are limited to what they can do as they're not responding as a nurse, technically.

Oh, and due to the OP's lack of willingness to accept the logic presented before them, I'd say they've resorted to trolling.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky

Return to “B.C.”