Joey's managers offered free iPad for new Liberals

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Joey's managers offered free iPad for new liberals

Post by The Green Barbarian »

steven lloyd wrote:Or maybe you only know provincial government workers who are as no one else in my office (or any colleague in the public service I know) has ever been “encouraged” to vote NDP by our employer either - and my admin worker has been with my office for more than twenty years. We do get newsletters from the BCGEU that often contain justifiable criticisms of the short-sighted and reckless policies of the government in power; however, the BCGEU is not our employer or our boss. Just a FYI in case you’re interested in factual as opposed to rhetorical information (we get enough of that from dickie).

well now you're just playing with semantics SL. Of course the BCGEU is not going to outwardly say "YOU HAVE TO VOTE NDP" in their written correspondence, though if they were truthful they would say in their communications "Thank you for the union dues - we will now dutifully turn over a percentage of them to the NDP in the form of "donations", with or without your consent". At any rate - your version of "justifiable criticisms" and mine vary quite considerably I guess - the communications I get forwarded to me from the BCGEU by disgusted provincial government workers contain outright lies and scare-mongering fecal matter - but outright lies and "justifiable criticisms" are potato - potatto to some people.

I also assume that it was "just a coincidence" that the paramedics demonstrated on election day last year here in Kelowna. The unions and the NDP would never collaborate on that - no of course not.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

The Green Barbarian wrote: well now you're just playing with semantics SL.

And of course, “Do you really think that union members are not "encouraged" to vote NDP by their bosses?” is not a play on semantics. While I will not deny there is some propaganda contained within some newsletters, it pales to the erroneous and stereotype-based rhetorical nonsense of unions promoted by the union-bashers on this board ( having spent more than thirty years in private, non-government and non-union employment, I have some relative experience for a realistic comparison ). I acknowledge there is some truth to the criticisms by some, but they are overshadowed by the ill-informed and fallacious tripe.

And you’re certainly correct with your observations on perception (potato vs. potatto). Some people looking in from the outside have a picture of union employment coloured by disingenuous stereotype and rhetoric - while others actually working on the inside have long had that colour removed from their lens. Of course, you’re certainly free to continue believing what you always have (I know dickie doesn’t have the capacity to do otherwise), or you might take that courageous leap and ask yourself, “what if I’m not entirely correct about this?” Scary stuff I know.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

steven lloyd wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote: well now you're just playing with semantics SL.

And of course, “Do you really think that union members are not "encouraged" to vote NDP by their bosses?” is not a play on semantics. While I will not deny there is some propaganda contained within some newsletters, it pales to the erroneous and stereotype-based rhetorical nonsense of unions promoted by the union-bashers on this board ( having spent more than thirty years in private, non-government and non-union employment, I have some relative experience for a realistic comparison ). I acknowledge there is some truth to the criticisms by some, but they are overshadowed by the ill-informed and fallacious tripe.

And you’re certainly correct with your observations on perception (potato vs. potatto). Some people looking in from the outside have a picture of union employment coloured by disingenuous stereotype and rhetoric - while others actually working on the inside have long had that colour removed from their lens. Of course, you’re certainly free to continue believing what you always have (I know dickie doesn’t have the capacity to do otherwise), or you might take that courageous leap and ask yourself, “what if I’m not entirely correct about this?” Scary stuff I know.

ha ha- I guess we'll just have to "agree to disagree" on this. My disgust with government unions runs deep SL - and again for those that seem to fail to distinguish the difference here - I said "GOVERNMENT" unions - so please please stop using analogies incorporating union shops everywhere, many of which I am sure are not infiltrated by the sloth and laziness demonstrated by our government unions. SL - rest assured, my disgust was well earned - and one day over beers I look forward to you educating me on why I should be putting this disgust aside even though personal experience has jaded me somewhat irreparably I am afraid.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
nolanrh
Übergod

Post by nolanrh »

Post the lies so we can agree!
mrj222
Übergod

Post by mrj222 »

Regardless of whether or not unions encourage their members to vote a certain way this is still wrong. This company is using free merchandise to buy a share of the premiers seat.

I really cant see how doing so isnt illegal..
We can't stop here, this is bat country!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

mrj222 wrote:Regardless of whether or not unions encourage their members to vote a certain way this is still wrong. This company is using free merchandise to buy a share of the premiers seat.

I really cant see how doing so isnt illegal..

And the BCGEU using union dues from their members to fund the NDP isn't "buying a share of the premier's seat"? How is that any different? And I'd like to ask the government union members on this site that are BCGEU members - do you get a say in where the BCGEU spends your union dues - ie can you opt out of donations to the NDP and elect that your dues go elsewhere instead? Just curious.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

The Green Barbarian wrote: I guess we'll just have to "agree to disagree" on this. My disgust with government unions runs deep SL - and again for those that seem to fail to distinguish the difference here - I said "GOVERNMENT" unions - so please please stop using analogies incorporating union shops everywhere, many of which I am sure are not infiltrated by the sloth and laziness demonstrated by our government unions. SL - rest assured, my disgust was well earned - and one day over beers I look forward to you educating me on why I should be putting this disgust aside even though personal experience has jaded me somewhat irreparably I am afraid.

Actually ben, I was referring to public service (ie. read: “government”) unions. I have to admit I don’t know what you’ve “experienced” or where your stories come from, but from my actual experience working in a public service union environment (with more than thirty years in private, non-government and non-union employment to use for realistic comparison) I’ve discovered that these union-bashing myths of sloth and laziness among public sector workers are nothing more than that – old, pathetic, lame and fallacious myths based on rhetorical stereotype. Perhaps you do have good reason to believe what you do based on some isolated situations you have observed or heard of (that’s how stereotypes are born), but I have previously presented plenty of current factual information regarding the reality of the circumstances throughout the criminal justice system, as well as child and family services, and other posters here with firsthand experience in health care have also tried to elucidate others on what is really happening. As I’ve said before, anyone entering the public service looking for a easy ride in the sectors I have mentioned is going to be in for a very quick and very rude awakening. Only people who are highly committed to serving and believe in the importance of what they do will stay and put up with the crap bestowed down from above, and even then you will still need to be physically, mentally and emotionally able to deal with the pressure.

People on these boards who have dedicated their careers to serving and absolutely love what they do are called whiners when all they’re trying to do is dispel some of the tired and old misconceptions of those too stubborn to admit their predetermined notions might not be completely accurate. That’s obviously proven to be a waste of everyone’s time and I’m not going to belabour this issue any further because some people will continue to refuse to challenge their fixed and inflexible thinking no matter what information they’re presented with. You can choose to continue to ascribe to the precepts of dickiology and globally apply your opinion to all public service employees if you wish, but I really thought you were capable of thinking past that (or maybe you’re confusing public sector unions with public sector union workers – I’m certain dickie doesn’t know the difference). Perhaps when you come up you can meet me at my office before we go for beers and I’ll show you from the computer what kind of numbers we are in fact dealing with here and give you a more accurate perspective of what is in reality happening in at least one sector of the public service. I would welcome the opportunity to enlighten you.

:130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Joey's managers offered free iPad for new Liberals

S.L. - I am sure you can enlighten me, as I can enlighten you from my personal experiences. I look forward to it.

Return to “B.C.”